LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
September 22, 2019, 08:39:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Linkbox 9000i HD V169 Firmware Update  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=49798.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida knowledge channel  (Read 746 times)
jopta

« on: December 22, 2009, 12:44:58 AM »

Has anybody tried to get the Florida knowledge channel on amc 3 @ 87w ? the web site shows a lot of neat stuff  on that channels but I can't seem to get a lock on the tp it's 12044 v 3200 2/3 DVB-s2 8psk . I'm using my brand spank'n new pansat that I've just purchased fron HMS . any thoughts would greatly be appreiciated.
tracieok
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 12:57:56 AM »

sorry i dont have hd yet but soon i hope . Im sure one of the hd people will chime in soon   Happy Holidays !
Ramcat
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 02:43:41 AM »

Hey jopta.....I used smart search on a Pansat 9200 pointed at AMC 3

Found Florida knowledge channel

FKN at 12043 V 3199 DVB S-2/QPSK/off

:sk
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 09:44:05 AM »

Just a thought jopta, but make sure when you do "smart scan" change from DVB-S to DVB-S2 before you scan, then it will do DVBS-2 and DVB-S.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
cowpres

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 11:30:41 AM »

Just a thought jopta, but make sure when you do "smart scan" change from DVB-S to DVB-S2 before you scan, then it will do DVBS-2 and DVB-S.
   I have a questions here then Hyper;  If I want to get the most channels for my time when wildfeed scanning, should I ALWAYS set DVB-S2 before I do the smart scan?  I wonder if I'm missing channels by not doing this.  I know when I scan 91W for sports wildfeeds, sometimes I get audio but no video.  Could this be the issue? 
-cowpres
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 12:06:21 PM »

cowpres, yes and no. always do a smart scan at DVB-S2 at least once in awhile. This takes some time but the receiver will search for all transponders and save them for you. including the transponders that are broadcasting in DVB-S2, then also DVB-S. After that to scan for feeds use the scan satellite not the smartscan. This will be much faster as it doesnt need to look for transponders, they are already in your box because of the original smart scan. You should maybe smart sacn every once in a great while in case any transponders become active that were not active before.

You do have to set it to DVB-S2 to scan for S2 (it will scan DVB-S also) on the smart scan.

No as for audio and no video that could be the video is in 4:2:2 (thats one thing the 9200HD cant do), or there is just no video there on that channel or feed.

Hope that helps you.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
jopta

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 10:49:04 PM »

on tp 12043 v 3199 my signal and quality are both 25% my other tp's are in the 60's or better , tried moving my dish both way's trying to get a better signal - no luck bummer
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: