LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
May 29, 2020, 12:07:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: STAB HH-90 Ku Band Dish Motor ON SALE  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=50773.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Product Release - Titanium ASC-1 Positioner  (Read 2043 times)
DougRuss
Honored Member

« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2014, 08:59:08 AM »

The way that I understand it, the "New" unit will arrive with a Pre-Paid Shipping sticker. One you open and remove
the New Unit,you place the defective unit in the box,attach Pre-Paid Shipping Label and send it back Fedex/ UPS ?  reading

Geosatpro HDVR 3500 ...Amiko A3 Receiver,.....8 ' Perforated Bud...Chaparral Corotor® II Plus...... Titanium ASC1 Positioner....
Titanium
Honored Member

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2014, 02:00:14 PM »

Thanks everyone for your understanding of the situation and supporting our decision to ship a new unit! Agreed that there needed to be a differentiation between first release and second. The manufacturer overlooked applying the serial numbers on the first container and these have been provided for us to apply. All version II ASC1 units will have a serial number / barcode on the case and giftbox. Will post photos of the sequence and placement before the version two units are shipped.

We are negotiating with the manufacturer regarding the return of the original units. The decision to return or not return still has not been made. Hundreds of ASC1 have been sold and nearly half of ASC1 sales have been shipped internationally. The international return shipping label cost is often $135+ and would far exceed the production cost. Add to that the complete reconditioning as well as providing two engineers from China who will be at our facility for two weeks doing the PCB reworks, then even domestic returns are a near a loss for the factory. The decision to include a return shipping label will be made by the manufacturer's administration based on the outbound shipping data that we provided for their loss control formulas.

Titanium Satellite
Brian Gohl - AI6US
Proud to Support LegalFreeTo Air
Titanium
Honored Member

« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2014, 03:44:05 PM »

New Firmware Version 20140114 is available for download

Update notes are included in the zip file.
* Modify - Improved Servo compatibility and removed reported servo chatter
* Modify - Swapped default polarity setting for STB control to match ASC1 manual setting
* Modify - Increased DiSEqC 1.2 control compatibility with STBs

We are (somewhat) patiently awaiting the arrival of the replacement ASC1 units and will be contacting all current owners this week to confirm shipping information for the delivery of the new ASC1. Thank you for your patience!

Download Here from Titanium Satellite Website:

Code:
http://www.titaniumsatellite.com/updates

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:06:41 PM by Hyper » Logged

Titanium Satellite
Brian Gohl - AI6US
DougRuss
Honored Member

« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2014, 08:04:29 PM »

New Firmware Version 20140114 is available for download

Update notes are included in the zip file.
* Modify - Improved Servo compatibility and removed reported servo chatter
* Modify - Swapped default polarity setting for STB control to match ASC1 manual setting
* Modify - Increased DiSEqC 1.2 control compatibility with STBs

We are (somewhat) patiently awaiting the arrival of the replacement ASC1 units and will be contacting all current owners this week to confirm shipping information for the delivery of the new ASC1. Thank you for your patience!

Thanks Brian !    beer

Geosatpro HDVR 3500 ...Amiko A3 Receiver,.....8 ' Perforated Bud...Chaparral Corotor® II Plus...... Titanium ASC1 Positioner....
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2014, 08:07:36 PM »

Thank you Brian!

Also, thanks for listing the release notes for the firmware update.

Its always nice to see a list of what each update fixes or improves.

P.S. I added a link to the download in your post above.

Cool
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:09:32 PM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Titanium
Honored Member

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2014, 12:38:31 AM »

Great News!

The new shipment of updated ASC1s has cleared customs and are in the Titanium Satellite warehouse. Will be shipping the replacement ASC1s to current owners and completing all open orders over the next few days. All units will be tested prior to shipment.

Current ASC1 owners may keep the original unit for their own personal use. The original ASC1 may be gifted to another party, but only with a disclaimer that the gifted ASC1 is without support or warranty. I only ask that these original ASC1 units not be sold, bartered or traded. If you do not wish to keep the original unit, I will email a return shipping label, but it is completely up to you! A note outlining the return process will be included with the replacement ASC1.

Please note that Titanium Satellite support for these original ASC1 units will end upon receipt of the replacement ASC1. Titanium Satellite will not provide parts, warranty, replacements or repairs for the original ASC1 units. The original ASC1 units are easy to identify as they do not have a serial number affixed. All warrantied ASC1 units have been issued a serial number that is recorded in our system, labeled on the bottom of the case and another on the outside of the giftbox. The Titanium Satellite ASC1 warranty, parts, replacements and repairs are only available for serialized units provided with an original proof of purchase. The new replacement ASC1 unit will be shipped with a new zero cost invoice, listing the serial number(s). The one year warranty is renewed and effective as of the new invoice date!  grin

The original ASC1 units may be fixed by any technician following proper safety procedures, familiar and capable of performing surface mount component repair. Only a few capacitors and resistors need to reworked to provide full 22KHz / DiSEqC function and pass-through, but the rework is very precise and the PCB can be very easily damaged. Tomorrow, I will be posting the hardware modification and parts list in the forums.

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding!

Titanium Satellite
Brian Gohl - AI6US
DougRuss
Honored Member

« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2014, 09:52:34 AM »

That Great News Brian. I'll be looking for my replacement in about a week or so.

Thank You !   bananadance

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2014, 11:49:58 AM »

Excellent News Brian! And let me say that I could not be more impressed with how Titanium Satellite has handled this issue. No one should have any concerns when buying a Titanium Satellite brand product. The support is top notch excellent!

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Free Bird
Honored Member

Those arent Grey Hairs, There Mile Markers!

« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2014, 06:53:28 AM »

Casey, when will you have these units ready for sale on Hypermegasat?

Thanks ~Duke

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2014, 12:04:50 PM »

Hi Duke, I will have these available for purchase on the HyperMegaSat.com website right around Feb 12th.

Cool

Free Bird
Honored Member

Those arent Grey Hairs, There Mile Markers!

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2014, 11:58:25 AM »

Hi Casey,  wink

It's been awhile, Look fwd to test driving one of these puppies.... Finally a damn dish mover worthy of moving  my dishes.  rolleyes  looks like Ill Be pulling the Corotor out of the archives and it will be going back on the Big Dish.  grin

Will you be taking pre orders for these? And what will the price and the shipping be?

Thanks Casey.  ~Duke

Dishman Dan
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2014, 11:25:52 PM »

The original ASC1 units may be fixed by any technician following proper safety procedures, familiar and capable of performing surface mount component repair. Only a few capacitors and resistors need to reworked to provide full 22KHz / DiSEqC function and pass-through, but the rework is very precise and the PCB can be very easily damaged. Tomorrow, I will be posting the hardware modification and parts list in the forums.

Any more on this???  ::thinking
Titanium
Honored Member

« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2014, 07:59:59 PM »

Titanium Satellite is providing this information for educational purposes only. We do not recommend any user to open or modify the ASC1. Dangerous voltages that may injure or kill are present inside the ASC1 case. Only qualified and trained electronics technicians should open and service electronic equipment. Titanium Satellite will not be responsible for any damages, injury or death that might be the result of opening or modifying this device. Remember to always disconnect the power source and follow proper safety and discharge procedures when servicing electronics.

Current ASC1 owners may keep the first generation unit for their own personal use. The first gen ASC1 may be gifted to another party, but only with a disclaimer that the gifted ASC1 is without support or warranty. I only ask that these original ASC1 units not be sold, bartered or traded.

Please note that Titanium Satellite support for these original ASC1 units will end upon receipt of the replacement ASC1. Titanium Satellite will not provide parts, warranty, replacements or repairs for the original ASC1 units. The original ASC1 units are easy to identify as they do not have a serial number affixed. All warrantied ASC1 units have been issued a serial number that is recorded in our system, labeled on the bottom of the case and another on the outside of the giftbox. The Titanium Satellite ASC1 warranty, parts, replacements and repairs are only available for serialized units provided with an original proof of purchase.

This hardware modification is provided for upgrading first generation Titanium Satellite ASC1 controllers. This hardware modification will provide 22KHz/DiSEqC commands to be passed-through the ASC1 from a connected STB to upstream switches and provide increased compatibility with DiSEqC 1.2 commands. First generation ASC1 controllers are not covered by warranty and will not be provided with replacement parts or support. Surface mount components are easily damaged by improper handling, incorrect tools and overheating.

A metric hex head tool type M3 will be used to remove the 4 screws on the faceplate and 4 screws in the base. The faceplate is removed and the cables disconnected to gain access to removing the main PCB. Once all cables are unplugged from the PCB, remove the 4 Phillips head screws securing the PCB to the plate. After modifications are completed, reverse these steps to reassemble.

Titanium Satellite
Brian Gohl - AI6US
Dishman Dan
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2014, 10:28:58 PM »

Thanks!
I bought a ASC-1 for my father in law and he never used it. He wants to wait for the replacement unit so it looks like I will end up with the first generation unit.

I was wondering if you got started shipping out the replacement units?

Titanium
Honored Member

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2014, 02:09:08 AM »

Congrats on the gift!

Replacement units are shipping. There are several hundred units in the queue, so it will take several days to gt them all processed.

Titanium Satellite
Brian Gohl - AI6US
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: