LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
October 17, 2018, 12:59:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Updated IPTV List for Manhattan RC-1978 HD 012418 >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=47345.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iview converter box with media and PVR  (Read 504 times)
jess73
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« on: July 01, 2014, 11:49:53 PM »

I orderd a converter box and have been playing with it for the last couple days!  It was a little over $40 because it did not meet the "free shipping $35 and over] requirement.  So far this does all it says it will do.  It has an EPG[supplied by broadcast chanel] that works well. It does need a little time to propergate. You can go directly to record very easy, or set it to program in advance.  I haven't tried the media, because I have nothing stored.  The only drawback is that a hard drive costs more that the box!  My wife had an "extra" so I was spared that cost.  All in all it's a good box for the price! The EPG is way more detailed than the "info" button on my TV's. Jess out in California

9ft. c/ku Mesh button hook hor to hor. 4dtv922 slaved pansat2500,9500, az prem hd, and a cw3000 at the end of the loop. other boxes in the closet. got the 9500 from Hypermegasat! Can look from 55.5 to 139 west.
bugsy1

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 03:24:51 AM »

I bought 3 of those about a year ago to use with my local cable company for clear qam recording  they have worked great. I live in a area that the signal is very weak so sometimes the tuner is a little buggy but other than that it is great!

I orderd a converter box and have been playing with it for the last couple days!  It was a little over $40 because it did not meet the "free shipping $35 and over] requirement.  So far this does all it says it will do.  It has an EPG[supplied by broadcast chanel] that works well. It does need a little time to propergate. You can go directly to record very easy, or set it to program in advance.  I haven't tried the media, because I have nothing stored.  The only drawback is that a hard drive costs more that the box!  My wife had an "extra" so I was spared that cost.  All in all it's a good box for the price! The EPG is way more detailed than the "info" button on my TV's. Jess out in California
jess73
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 12:11:18 AM »

The one that I have has a nice remote that also controls the TV.  I,m very pleased with the box. Jess out in California

9ft. c/ku Mesh button hook hor to hor. 4dtv922 slaved pansat2500,9500, az prem hd, and a cw3000 at the end of the loop. other boxes in the closet. got the 9500 from Hypermegasat! Can look from 55.5 to 139 west.
John Perry

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 08:34:12 AM »

smiley

jess73

I have 2 of the iviews and they are highly recommend. Good quality
for the price paid. The first one I purchased, is version #1 with the
bigger updated remote control. Don't buy any with the older remote
control, its not as good. The 2nd one I just purchased, is version #5.
It is an improvement over version #1. They both have the larger, more
colorful controls. Version #1 we use in our 26 foot camper in the summer
time when we travel across country. Version #5 is kept in the house
because, with either of the remotes, the internals on #5 allows a far
greater range with the control device. We sit back 14 feet and it works great.
Also, #5 captions work live, or on a recording, #1 only works with live ( OTA ).
   A good tip on recording media. There is a store called "Micro Center" located
in southeastern Michigan that sells 64 ( GB ) giga byte flash drives that work
great in the " Iviews " for only $17.00 or $18.00 dollars. We have 2 of them, and
have not had any problems with either one. They record everything we want to
see, ( OTA ). I have not filled it to capacity yet. We do tape mostly old shows
on the off channels, but also HD programs on the road in our RV. Try them.
    Good luck.         John L. Perry           Chesterfield Twp, Michigan
RFburns

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 02:31:26 PM »

Do you have a model number, seems like more than one model on Amazon.  Canadian price much higher also even accounting for exchange.
DRCars
Know's FTA

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 02:56:16 PM »

It is probably the Iview 3500.

There is also the HomeWorX 150 PVR which is the same box with different firmware. You can run Iview firmware on HomeWorx but there are remote control issues. Anyway, same box different firmware.

Might want to look at info on these at:

Code:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdtv-recorders/1482341-homeworx-hw-150pvr-support-discussion.html
Code:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdtv-recorders/1465875-iview-3500stb-tuner-dvr-owners-thread.html

Lots of info there.

DRCars
John Perry

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 04:04:05 PM »

smiley

RFburns

John here.   My 2nd iview converter box which is version #5, of which I purchased
from amazon.com has the following information on the box.
iView 3500STB11  Multi-function...recording and Media Playback. New

1511-3500STB11-DZ0357 ---one end of box.
XOOOQMREBV---------------other end of box. This number might just be the product locater.

Note:   Be sure to purchase a flash drive, or hard drive for recording purposes.
64 (GB) flash works well on both of mine.   Good luck.

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 08:31:49 PM »

I am going to "sticky" this thread since this looks like a good product and a popular thread right now.

grin

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

2016 Frist World Series Title in 108 years

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 07:23:14 AM »

I've noticed several brands of these STBs on Ebay lately. The price for most them is less than $30.

smiley

I love my Raydx 10.5-footer. It brings in 16APSK feeds quite well! Titanium C1 PLL LNBF & GEOSATpro SL1PLL Ku LNBF to a FreeSat GTC 4K receiver!
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: