LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
May 21, 2019, 10:49:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IPTV Channel Update Manhattan RC-1978 111218 >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=47345.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WNEM TV5 Signal Lowered  (Read 258 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« on: April 22, 2019, 08:26:39 PM »

If you have noticed for the last couple weeks, WNEM TV 5 has lowered the signal and many have lost the signal, including my friend Steve! I have 2 different OTA antenna's one in my attic and one on my roof. The one in my attic i can not get the signal any longer. The one on my roof, all is good, 100% watchable signal.

Here is their post about it below:

Code:
https://www.wnem.com/news/tv-performing-maintenance-on-station-tower/article_a1eb7e1e-5bee-11e9-a35f-0bd4a5bf21b1.html

I called and spoke with the Engineer (real nice guy), and he told me they are doing substantial maintenance on the tower and they had to lower the signal to do this, and i asked how long it may take and he had no answer. I asked weeks? He said yes. I asked a month? He said perhaps. I asked months? He said could be.

worried

« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 08:46:21 PM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 08:59:53 PM »

New Tower???
Here is another tidbit that was also submitted the same day as your announcement. There is a lot of information in this link, so it has to be read with care.

Code:
https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/public/tv/draftCopy.html?displayType=html&appKey=25076f916a04635b016a08bdcadd1ad4&id=25076f916a04635b016a08bdcadd1ad4&goBack=N

You can expect other stations to have similar problems in different parts of the country as the repack continues.
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 09:28:00 PM »

I'm 35 miles away from their tower, but have only lost 2db on their signal, so still good. I emailed them a month ago, and two weeks later sent a Facebook message asking when they were swapping frequencies, but they haven't bothered to reply to either of those. They only have until June 22, but I don't think they'll make it. They are moving from RF22 to 30, so have to wait until Weyi moves OFF 30 first.

Weyi - 25 is moving from RF30 to 18

Wbsf - 46 is moving from RF46 to 23 (won't switch until at least June 1st or so, they answered me).

Waqp - 49 is moving from RF48 to 36 (told me I had to wait until the screen crawl they'd show to let us know when to rescan)

« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 09:29:38 PM by MikeBear » Logged

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 11:49:54 AM »

Yeah, i saw that they are all switching virtual channel numbers. They just better keep all my signals nice and strong gol-dangit.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 05:57:20 PM »

As of yesterday (Wednesday) TV5 WNEM is back nice and strong for me.

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 06:23:07 PM »

4 days later and all is still OK!  I think i can now say this ordeal is over, at least until the next upcoming re-pack move. What really was the worst is that this problem started the same weekend as The Masters golf tournament, so i missed most of that. Other than that i like to watch Survivor on CBS, and i also like their local news every morning. Plus i need CBS for the upcoming NFL season. So anyways if the Engineer(s) up to WNEM TV5 see this message, i say THANK YOU.

grin

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: