LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
July 04, 2020, 08:22:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATSC 3.0  (Read 26844 times)
digitaldan
Honored Member

« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2020, 08:49:07 PM »

The model that will get the new tuner is selling for 698 at this time. How much if any will it go up from there is anyones guess. Maybe another 100 with the new tuner added. That isn't much these days. I know. I don't have money being only on ssi income. So I plan for my expenses. Even a grand isn't much by todays standards when one looks at the Big Picture. But that 1500 I spent in 2009 for my first HD set, which I am still watching by the way, Boils down to 150 a year. Not bad. Just saying the broadcasting is beginning in Vegas. I tend to believe the people doing the work. Everyone else don't seem to know what they are talking about by nay saying. One example of that is people saying that all tv will now be encrypted. Give me a break! So much misinformation. So unless a naysayer is running Sony or LG or Samsung, I don't believe anything a naysayer says.
 I heard about the NAB show, and yes it is 1/4 of the way through 2020. That said, nobody is going to tell me that all are on the sidelines. That is just a stupid thought as we see what is happening. The emergency warning system the new system boasts alone is reason for stations to make the switch. All PBS stations will be switched. If they can do it with their funds, anyone can. Just have to wait a little longer before I say................ God Bless! :)
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2020, 11:05:44 PM »

The model that will get the new tuner is selling for 698 at this time. How much if any will it go up from there is anyones guess. Maybe another 100 with the new tuner added. That isn't much these days. I know. I don't have money being only on ssi income. So I plan for my expenses. Even a grand isn't much by todays standards when one looks at the Big Picture. But that 1500 I spent in 2009 for my first HD set, which I am still watching by the way, Boils down to 150 a year. Not bad

Which model of ATSC 3.0 television sells for 698 dollars?
The average person does not have an extra thousand or even 700 to spend on a television.

Just saying the broadcasting is beginning in Vegas. I tend to believe the people doing the work. Everyone else don't seem to know what they are talking about by nay saying. One example of that is people saying that all tv will now be encrypted. Give me a break! So much misinformation.

Where are people saying all tv will now be encrypted? I would like to read that.

So unless a naysayer is running Sony or LG or Samsung, I don't believe anything a naysayer says.

What is a naysayer?
Why should a naysayer not be believed unless the naysayer is running Sony or LG or Samsung?

I heard about the NAB show, and yes it is 1/4 of the way through 2020. That said, nobody is going to tell me that all are on the sidelines. That is just a stupid thought as we see what is happening.

What sidelines are you talking about? Who all is supposed to be on them?
digitaldan
Honored Member

« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2020, 07:48:45 AM »

A Naysayer my friend is one who does not believe the truth and continues to talk down the truth when it is right in front of them. The dictionary has another word that describes the people that ignore the truth and push a lie, but I like Naysayer as it is less offensive and describes certain type of people just the same. Now that question is answered.

Bitrouter is now FINALIZING software for ATSC 3.0 or Next Gen TV as it is now been labeled.

Code:
https://bitrouter.com/newsletters/BitRouter_CES_2020_Newsletter_website.pdf

Also Portland announced the switch to the new system. The way this is set up with the markets dictating the roll out, stations will gave to change rather quickly or be left behind.   

skymaster

« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2020, 12:20:37 PM »

skymaster here,
i miss the the colored sheets we used to put up against the tv screen to give some color.oh oh im dating myself. I also miss the times when you signal fades and you can still see a snowy pic and good audio. not like today when you lose the signal it pictulates and you lose both.I miss the twin lead coming down the antenna. som many twists per foot to eliminate some problems. I miss the pay phones we used to have. now you hardly can find a land line. wonder why? before its harder to flip a switch to shut off access to phone, internet etc. now the government if it becomes super hostile can flip a swithc here and there and shut off cell phone, internet, wifi, fiber, etc.
but saying that, i hope this new system works as it should.

skymaster

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2020, 01:05:59 PM »

A Naysayer my friend is one who does not believe the truth and continues to talk down the truth when it is right in front of them. The dictionary has another word that describes the people that ignore the truth and push a lie, but I like Naysayer as it is less offensive and describes certain type of people just the same. Now that question is answered.
Websters has a different definition for naysayer. Please do not make up your own definitions for words and expect others to automatically understand them. I guess the other questions about your remarks in post #105 will go unanswered.

Bitrouter is now FINALIZING software for ATSC 3.0 or Next Gen TV as it is now been labeled. 
This Bitrouter piece was discussed in post #102 of this thread. Looks like it would be a nice item if you have about 4 thousand dollars to purchase it.

Also Portland announced the switch to the new system. The way this is set up with the markets dictating the roll out, stations will gave to change rather quickly or be left behind.   
I don't know how you think the ATSC 3.0 switch or transition is set up, but no one will be left behind as it will take years for the transition to complete.

Portland should have a decent start for ATSC 3.0 if everything goes the way it is written.
There is no timeline yet for the Portland ATSC 3.0 to actually be working, so we assume sometime this year.
Code:
https://www.tvtechnology.com/news/meredith-nexstar-plan-atsc-30-rollout-in-portland
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2020, 08:56:03 PM »

ATSC 3.0 Pay TV is expected to begin this summer, starting in Boise, Idaho.

Code:
https://www.edgenetworks.tv/

elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2020, 10:42:52 AM »

The new ATSC 3.0 Pay TV Service looks a lot like DishNetwork or Direct TV. They will even have their own set top box.

Evoca uses a proprietary receiver and an OTA antenna to deliver its channel bundle.

Evoca is a new TV service structured like cable television but delivered over broadcast TV spectrum at a much lower cost for consumers.

The new service, built by Edge Networks, will offer more than 80 news, sports, local and live TV channels in HD and 4K for about $50 per month. But Evoca isnít cable, which is delivered over a managed network, nor is it a streaming service, which arrives via the public internet. Instead, itís an IP-based multichannel service that uses the emerging NEXTGEN TV standard (ATSC 3.0) to distribute a bundle of channels via available broadcast spectrum.

Edge Networks is one of a handful of companies that have been granted FCC permission to deploy ATSC 3.0 technologies. The company currently has two TV stations in Boise, Idaho, which will be the first market in which Evoca is available.

Edge Networks CEO Todd Achilles said his company is starting in Boise because second and third tier markets are chronically underserved. The company will eventually expand into more markets.

It looks like our "Free" tv channels will have to compete with at least One PayTV Service.

Code:
https://www.fiercevideo.com/video/evoca-not-like-other-tv-services
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2020, 05:37:25 PM »

Evoca is a new TV service structured like cable television but delivered over broadcast TV spectrum at a much lower cost for consumers.  The new service, built by Edge Networks, will offer more than 80 news, sports, local and live TV channels in HD and 4K for about $50 per month.

The say "at a much lower cost" then they say $50 a month. I do not consider that a "much lower cost".

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2020, 05:53:36 PM »

Evoca is a new TV service structured like cable television but delivered over broadcast TV spectrum at a much lower cost for consumers.  The new service, built by Edge Networks, will offer more than 80 news, sports, local and live TV channels in HD and 4K for about $50 per month.

The say "at a much lower cost" then they say $50 a month. I do not consider that a "much lower cost".

I hope the pay tv part crashes and burns right out of the gate. We don't need more pay tv setups, much less for OTA.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 06:54:22 PM by MikeBear » Logged

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2020, 06:46:58 PM »

The concept of OTA Pay TV has been around for a long time.
Code:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ONTV_(pay_TV)

For the average person that currently views OTA programming, ATSC 3.0 will probably not have many benefits as compared to ATSC 1.0 unless there is an internet connection to help support the ATSC 3.0 system.

Early warning systems for storms and other natural disasters are already available on smart phones, and watching what you want when you want it is already available in streaming services. ATSC 3.0 is proudly presenting these features IF your ATSC 3.0 device is connected to the internet. So I do not see much benefit from ATSC 3.0 for these two items because these new features already exists.

Then there is the requirement that high power stations moving to ATSC 3.0 have to continue broadcasting an identical ATSC 1.0 signal for a considerable amount of time makes it even harder to transition to ATSC 3.0. Not to mention the high cost of ATSC 3.0 equipment that the consumer or end user has to pay. It looks like the methods being used to set up ATSC 3.0 in the free market will make it fail. We will have to wait and see what happens.

digitaldan
Honored Member

« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2020, 09:09:02 AM »

ATSC 3.0 and COVID-19..... For what it is worth.

Code:
https://www.atsc.org/news/tvn-tech-covid-19-delays-not-derails-nextgen-tv-plans/

Jeff S.
Honored Member

« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2020, 05:28:36 PM »

First the costs of such units are way over the top you are reporting. Like any new products in the market they will be overpriced to get engineering out of product. Not to that level you are suggesting.

The service out of Boise is one company with two UHF channels appointed to them. They purchased two different stations. The only TV station to do this. The costs of the 80 channels in 720 is OK and should work well. The HW they are selling has no DOLBY AC4 in it. The CFO is our friend Anthony Weiner. Plus when ATSC 1.0 came-out there were several companies that offered a pay service. The best lasted 2 years and I expect the same with this company. The 1.0 people were based out of Salt Lake City and operated at the same level. I do not see this service to last a long time as Todd the CEO is a nice person. They wanted us to produce the product for them.

The HW for the NAB, yes the processor company is embedding Dolby AC4 in the processor. So it has delayed some of the product coming out. Bitrouter just announced their box, I would look at their website again.

There are many benefits and mostly in the 1080p format this will deliver. Unlike your current service you are using are mostly at best 720p.

We still have some time to work out solutions being the small guy. The Chinese are going to manufacture Bitrouters product. We are staying here in the USA for production.

Our new OTT service BLEND TV will be out later this month. Plus the FTA product with our service and over 1000 free IP channels we will offer from around the world. So there is going to be more programming available than ever.

Our pricing should be good for the quad tuner unit between $150.00 and $175.00. The dual unit we should have around $125.00 - $150.00 including S2X, T, T2 and DVB-C including ATSC 3.0.. Again this fall is when we are scheduled for release.

We were going to use the Amlogic processor, but Amlogic would not allow us to produce the product here in the USA. So 4 months of our time wasted with these jerks from Amlogic.  We told them from the start we are going to produce the product here in the USA.
We reported them, but its the government, what are going to do? Yes, your right, nothing!

What you believe in or not, it is what it is. The ATSC 3.0 is not going away. Understand the USB tuner stick will still work for you and it will be an easy costs. But it will be a slow system to change channels on from out testing. We are not sure if we are going to make the stick or not.

The barriers entering this market has been brutal. The license agreements are the worse and dealing with HDCP and Dolby is a nightmare.
This needs to stop as the government and the FCC makes all the laws and there is no support from these laws. The HDCP people are just jerks from the motion picture industry. Just another kick-back deal for them!

Take care & stay safe!

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 11:46:55 PM by Hyper » Logged
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2020, 11:58:39 PM »

First the costs of such units are way over the top you are reporting. Like any new products in the market they will be overpriced to get engineering out of product. Not to that level you are suggesting.
What costs are way over the top? Please be specific! The prices I have listed are from the seller or manufacturer. If you have valid prices, then post them along with a link where the products are available for that price.

The HW for the NAB, yes the processor company is embedding Dolby AC4 in the processor. So it has delayed some of the product coming out. Bitrouter just announced their box, I would look at their website again.
What did Bitrouter just announce? Again, please be specific and list valid prices when possible.

We still have some time to work out solutions being the small guy. The Chinese are going to manufacture Bitrouters product. We are staying here in the USA for production.
The millions of people that are unemployed will appreciate the opportunity to work.

Our pricing should be good for the quad tuner unit between $150.00 and $175.00. The dual unit we should have around $125.00 - $150.00 including S2X, T, T2 and DVB-C including ATSC 3.0.. Again this fall is when we are scheduled for release.

We were going to use the Amlogic processor, but Amlogic would not allow us to produce the product here in the USA. So 4 months of our time wasted with these pricks from Amlogic.  We told them from the start we are going to produce the product here in the USA.
We reported them, but its the government, what are going to do? Yes, your right, nothing!
For about the past three years, there has been one reason or another as to why you have not been able to produce a product. You announce products, then cannot deliver on the announcement.

What you believe in or not, it is what it is. The ATSC 3.0 is not going away. Understand the USB tuner stick will still work for you and it will be an easy costs. But it will be a slow system to change channels on from out testing. We are not sure if we are going to make the stick or not.
What usb tuner stick are you talking about? What is an easy costs?

The barriers entering this market has been brutal. The license agreements are the worse and dealing with HDCP and Dolby is a nightmare.
This needs to stop as the government and the FCC makes all the laws and there is no support from these laws. The HDCP people are just pricks from the motion picture industry. Just another kick-back deal for them!
I guess this is supposed to be another reason as to why you have no product?
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2020, 12:08:13 AM »

This thread is now closed.

Too much arguing back and forth.

Plus the thread is like 5 years old now.

If you want to talk ATSC 3.0, lets start anew, from 2020

cop08

« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 12:09:56 AM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: