LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
March 21, 2019, 04:35:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Linkbox 9000i HD V169 Firmware Update 102918  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=49798.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting Started with FTA - What u need/how 2 start - a brief overview  (Read 18006 times)
ftabrat
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

There's Free to Air up there!

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 10:55:24 PM »

that 27" dish is a bit small for "free to air"
but 61.5w has several locals that are ITC, nice line up and my 18" works fine.

give that one a try, no need for hack bins, keys, or other stealing... its "free to air"

if you can upgrade to 36" dish or a cband, then there are a lot more channels around to choose,
a openbox receiver and you get even more.
 ;D

free to air is NOT dead  TVgood113

Coolsat 4000, Coolsat 7000, Captive Works, Fortec,  CW-800S, Solomend HD, Openbox S9 HD.
10ft mesh BUD Cband, Vbox, 90cm Hotdish ku on motor, and modified Ku dishes
 TVgood113 Its not Tv, if its not FTA in HD from hypermegasat.com
overhead

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 08:18:18 PM »

Hi there , when you say open box receiver what do you mean , sorry new to the program started on another site , but everything went n3   more info please or good site too find what is up , thank you
ftabrat
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 11:29:12 PM »

Hi there , when you say open box receiver what do you mean , sorry new to the program started on another site , but everything went n3   more info please or good site too find what is up , thank you

http://www.hypermegasat.com/Openbox%20S9%20HD%20PVR.htm
this will get more channels because it does AC3 audio, DVB-S2 video, & HD  ;D

does not support 4:2:2 video or ANY encrypted programming like DN or DTV (pirating)

Coolsat 4000, Coolsat 7000, Captive Works, Fortec,  CW-800S, Solomend HD, Openbox S9 HD.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 11:53:13 PM »

Hi there , when you say open box receiver what do you mean , sorry new to the program started on another site , but everything went n3   more info please or good site too find what is up , thank you

overhead,

You keep saying "everything went N3". We know what that means. 

We dont help with that here. We only promote legal free to air. Unencrypted channels.

So the point is, stop mentioning references to pirate terms, or stop posting here in our forum please.

If you are truly interested in legal to watch, in the clear FTA channels, we can help you.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 04:14:01 PM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
overhead

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 09:18:50 AM »

Hi there , I do apologize for the swear word pirate tv , i will say it no more . I should read a little more , i did have true free to air on a old 30 star choice , but i think it was the size of the dish along with a old receiver couldn't get it any more what i did have    was pan sat 2700 , captive works - 600 p what was informed was the diseqc 1.2 had switch to 2 or more is the true or can i still use the old receiver's that i still have if not what you recommend  to get started for true free to air thanks so much.      
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 09:28:50 AM by overhead » Logged
ftabrat
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 10:47:59 AM »

i did have true free to air on a old 30 star choice , but i think it was the size of the dish

yes its a lil small 36" or bigger would be much better, but you should get the stronger sat TP's though

along with a old receiver couldn't get it any more what i did have    was pan sat 2700 , captive works - 600p
these should still work for some of the FTA up there (no HD, DVB-S2, AC3 audio,4:2:2 video), but still there is stuff to watch.
one with a good blind scanner is what I look for  ;D

what was informed was the diseqc 1.2 had switch to 2 or more is the true or can i still use the old receiver's
current receivers will do these...
    *Multiple LNB-Switching control (supports DiSEqC1.0/1.1/unicable)
    *Motor Support: DiSEqC 1.2/1.3 (USALS - GoTo X)

the largest switch I use is a 4x1, so DiSEqC1.0 is fine, if you use 2x1 or 4x1 switch or none yours should be ok.

i still have if not what you recommend  to get started for true free to air thanks so much.      

you can always upgrade later and start FTA today, IF you have at least these.
-one of your receivers
-a linear LNB
-that 30" or larger dish

then do a lot of reading and or Q&A here  ;)

use a up to date sat listing site like:
http://www.sathint.com/america
or
http://whatsonfta.net/

and find a sat with the programming you want to try to get.
use http://dishpointer.com/ and it will tell you where to aim the dish and what skew to use for your location.

there wont be alot of channels on one sat, this is where a motor for the dish is well worth the $.
then you can move from sat to sat and program all you can get a signal from.

Arion

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 12:05:56 PM »

I think you'll find that FTA is truly a wonderful hobby and that FTA people have a lot more fun than the pirates do.  With FTA you never know what your going to get but sometimes you get real good stuff that pirate tv will never get.  Like the NFL games yesterday we were able to watch them in High Definition with no commercials on the uplinks and very often the college football and basketball games are the same way.  We can quite often watch the direct feeds from the sports facility without all the commercials and at times listening to the commentators discussing things during the commercials make it all worth while.  A lot of things are encrypted and we can't watch but a lot of stuff is in the clear as well.  If you absolutely must have TV and know that the channel is available every time then pony up and get a subscription.  The FTA channels come and go and that is part of the fun of the hobby.  It's like with a lot of hunters the thrill of the hunt is as rewarding as the actual kill is.  And a number of us have subscriptions to either directv/dish but we prefer to watch on the FTA side when the feeds are available as the video quality is almost always better than what you get on the overly compressed channels that the DTH providers use even on HD.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 12:07:34 PM by Arion » Logged

Solomend HD-PVR800, Genpix Skywalker SK1, 100Cm fortec dish w/Sg2100 mover.  1.2M Ws dish w/SG9550 mover.  Hughesnet satellite internet system.
overhead

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 04:06:37 PM »

Thank you all so much for the important info .Now time to get started , wish me luck and thanks for the support.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 04:15:02 PM »

Thank you all so much for the important info .Now time to get started , wish me luck and thanks for the support.

Good luck overhead! If you need any help just ask.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
overhead

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 09:01:33 PM »

Thank you Hyper i will.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 09:09:14 PM »

overhead,

Either of those receivers you have will work.

That 30" Starchoice dish should do pretty well for FTA possibly.

A 36" is better of course, but i have tested 30" and they work great for most ku sat signals.

Let us know what kind of LNB is on that dish. What model it is?

8)

overhead

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 04:42:18 PM »

Hi , the lnb on the dish is a ...13  18  v dual output digital  Ku  Lnbf   lNBFD
                                         INPUT  FREQUENCY   11.7-12.2 GHZ
                                         OUTPUT   FREQUENCY   950-1450 MHZ
                                          LINEAR  POLARIZATION  VERTICAL  10-15V
                                                                            HORIZONTAL   16-20V
   other than that that is all i can see on it .               
overhead

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 06:04:28 PM »

So having giving all info on the Lnb, will it work for the true free to air along with the dish size bigger is better . and being from north east of the city Toronto ,Ont, Canada what are my chances of getting true free to air or some of the sat,s , i was trying to find a sat close to my area . 
ftabrat
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 06:49:30 PM »

Hi , the lnb on the dish is a ...13  18  v dual output digital  Ku  Lnbf   lNBFD
                                         INPUT  FREQUENCY   11.7-12.2 GHZ
                                         OUTPUT   FREQUENCY   950-1450 MHZ
                                          LINEAR  POLARIZATION  VERTICAL  10-15V
                                                                            HORIZONTAL   16-20V
   other than that that is all i can see on it .               

the only thing I see missing is the LO "local oscillator" freq
if its universal use 9750/10600 and "22khz tone" on
if its standard use 10750
if its a DSS use 11250

ftabrat
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 06:58:03 PM »

So having giving all info on the Lnb, will it work for the true free to air along with the dish size bigger is better . and being from north east of the city Toronto ,Ont, Canada what are my chances of getting true free to air or some of the sat,s , i was trying to find a sat close to my area .  

79W
is your true south sat
Azimuth (true):  179.5
Azimuth (magn.):  190.0
LNB Skew [?]:  -0.4

only one channel ITC
11900 H    2170 3/4    KTEL-TV

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: