LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
November 14, 2018, 08:13:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting Started with FTA - What u need/how 2 start - a brief overview  (Read 15029 times)
overhead

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 09:10:22 PM »

Thank you , that doesn't leave much too watch lol , is it because of the size of the dish or the lnb or both ? thanks again for your help
ftabrat
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

There's Free to Air up there!

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 10:34:05 AM »

That was an example
But an important one since it's your true south sat
You will use this one if using a motor

It's also the highest elevation you will see
The rest ate lower and to the left and right if it

Try 97w for a bunch of channels
  many are not English though

Coolsat 4000, Coolsat 7000, Captive Works, Fortec,  CW-800S, Solomend HD, Openbox S9 HD.
10ft mesh BUD Cband, Vbox, 90cm Hotdish ku on motor, and modified Ku dishes
 TVgood113 Its not Tv, if its not FTA in HD from hypermegasat.com
overhead

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 07:47:40 PM »

Thank you ftabrat and hyper for all the help on getting started again . Much appreciation . 
Missy360
Honored Member

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 02:00:21 PM »

Hyper, one thing you should add to the instructions; make sure the coax cable is rated suitable for outdoor and through the wall.  Some people might not realize that there is a difference between their indoor cables and what should be used for outside.  They won't get good signals if they are using indoor cables. 
Frank305

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2011, 08:37:52 PM »

Do I need a computer to work free to air box
tracieok
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2011, 09:04:24 PM »

No you dont need a computer if your useing a set top box receiver. Only need a computer if your useing a computer satellite card.
mankind

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2011, 09:23:44 PM »

hello!

Do you know which fta receiver are to buy now, and which  brand name are working now? i just wanted to get one now. please email me back soon. thanks
Bass Player 1964

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2011, 06:16:22 PM »

Hello folks!
I have been working around satellite and land mobile based comms for quite awhile now but I have just got biten by the FTA bug grin

My wife and I both love the Retro TV Network (RTV) and I am thinking it was on KU at one time.  So I will ask the brain trust here...
Is this network still available FTA ?

This is one network I definitely would like to add for me and the family but Dish doesn't offer it as far as I can find and
cable does but it's a sub of a local that is not local enough for me to receive OTA with less than 200' of tower...I have already mentioned that but the wife shot that down quick..too many neighborhood kids:) and besides that the cable here doesn't impress me much at all..even when I worked for the company :)

Anything else I add would be a neat bonus as well and most of the receivers now seem to handle C and KU easily
making that the easy part grin

Thanks!!

Wayne
ftabrat
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

There's Free to Air up there!

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2011, 06:28:22 PM »

My wife and I both love the Retro TV Network (RTV) and I am thinking it was on KU at one time.  So I will ask the brain trust here...
Is this network still available FTA ?

yes so far... there is one up on 83w AMC9
RTV East cost
Tuff TV
and some feeds that come and go
 grin

welcome to the madness  TVgood113

Coolsat 4000, Coolsat 7000, Captive Works, Fortec,  CW-800S, Solomend HD, Openbox S9 HD.
10ft mesh BUD Cband, Vbox, 90cm Hotdish ku on motor, and modified Ku dishes
 TVgood113 Its not Tv, if its not FTA in HD from hypermegasat.com
Bass Player 1964

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2011, 07:25:15 PM »

Ahh  Sounds great!  All I have currently is an old Primestar dish and LNB to play around with.
I found that bird but the signal is not all that great..likely need a larger dish and better LNB but I managed 10dbmv but no lock on the meter.  It's a start from humble beginnings I suppose  grin

Thanks a bunch for the info!

Wt
tracieok
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2011, 08:41:54 PM »

Dont forget you have to adjust the LNB skew for each satellite seperate if your useing a primestar dish. I get RTV on 75cm dishes
Bass Player 1964

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2011, 08:59:04 PM »

Dont forget you have to adjust the LNB skew for each satellite seperate if your useing a primestar dish. I get RTV on 75cm dishes
Absolutely.. and my LNB is the older design that has separate H and V outputs. Had a real time getting one of those screws loose..
My mount left a little to be desired in sturdiness too..kinda aggravating with that heavy a dish on a modified tripod lol !

If it's working for you with 75cm dishes it should do OK here in Va. on the elliptical Channel Master /Primestar

Thanks for the ideas!!

Wt
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 09:54:15 PM by Bass Player 1964 » Logged
Chayim
Honored Member
LFTA Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2011, 09:16:49 PM »

Best bet for Ku (my opinion, of course) is to invest ten bucks with Hyper and get an ESX521 LNB.
Bass Player 1964

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2011, 09:27:54 PM »

Yeah,
That is pretty much what I had intentions of doing as the cosmetic appearance of the OEM is not all that great and that can't spell too much good for the electronics.  I was mainly hoping to be able to hit the bird and get something on the meter at first then I can get on with the fun stuff  smiley

Thanks for the LNB recommendation!

Wayne
scandiskFTA

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2011, 11:03:16 AM »

looks good the quick start guide,

the thing that cuase me some fun is the  mention of  a true coaxial cable (althought i know  is better usea quad shield one) but is not   very popular  those cables in  my area.

best regards

Francisco
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: