LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
October 18, 2018, 11:36:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NAB, CTA, Pubcasters Ask FCC for Voluntary ATSC 3.0  (Read 7769 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« on: April 24, 2016, 07:09:25 PM »

Jeff from Manhattan sent me this info in an email, and i think it is something that should be shared with the forum community. Please read the article in the link, it will help you understand what is happening with ATSC 3.0.

NAB, CTA, Pubcasters Ask FCC for Voluntary ATSC 3.0

Guys,

Enclosed is an article that I have been reading about in articles about offering the local programming over internet which is termed “bootstrapping”. So in turn it would allow programming to be broadcasted over UHF/VHF along with an IP delivery.

While I agree with this technology because I believe more than one delivery of local programming is important. It allows people from outside the viewing area to also watch programs from their host city as they travel, snowbird or had to move for whatever reason.

A recent survey indicated 89% of the population wants their local station as 75% want them over the air. I think this solution offers the best of all worlds. Support it or not, that is your decision.

We will be attending the ATSC booth next week to find more information on the standards they have decided on.

Code:
http://www.tvtechnology.com/news/0002/nab-cta-pubcasters-ask-fcc-for-voluntary-atsc-30/278460

We will keep you updated as this important segment of our business moves forward as we incorporate these standards into our new boxes.

Regards.

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital

smiley

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 07:13:45 PM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

2016 Frist World Series Title in 108 years

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 08:45:25 PM »

Interesting read and the video helps explain alot as well. Be sure and click on the video link.

I love my Raydx 10.5-footer. It brings in 16APSK feeds quite well! Titanium C1 PLL LNBF & GEOSATpro SL1PLL Ku LNBF to a FreeSat GTC 4K receiver!
Jeff S.
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 02:58:55 PM »

The ATSC booth at NAB was a joke in my opinion. It had these SW developers in there for the IP delivery of your local stations. My discussion with one entailed that you can photo-capture the image in our SW. So if you see this Van Diesel Movie here, you can take the image of his pants and go to Amazon and order his pants. I said why would anyone would do this? Unbelievable! 

Folks the concerning thing is the FCC thinks is has the right to sell and purchase our UHF Frequencies from local TV stations. Over 85 million households has some type of reception device to receive UHF/VHF programming. 99% of our population has no clue the FCC is doing this. Selling our frequencies to the wireless industry. Your local TV Station keeps that money that is rightfully the people's monies, since it is our bandwidth they are selling and keeping the money. It was first Congress required that money was used to pay-down the deficit. Of course that was B.S. to entice us the people in believing in this and it turns out to be another lie.

My issue with all of this.

*If you get the program over IP, you will paying for it.

* The wireless company will be selling it to you!

*It is not going to be cheap! It may at first, but like anything else, it will increase in price.

* You will see more commercials on the program because the FCC will not monitor the commercial time they do on local broadcasts.

I don't have an issue sending local over IP and for people to pay for it. But once you get rid of the local broadcast, there is no other choice, other than not watching it. But if your travel or live in another area you grew up in and want to hear what is happening back home. Then the IP delivery has value. But it has no value to anyone, if it is not delivered by broadcast as well. Think of all the elderly and poor people who cannot or don't want to have an IP connection. This is their only source of programming! Cord cutter as well. There is no choice if this sell-off happens.

If you want to cord cut, this is part of the equation. You need to call your state and federal legislators and object to this path to IP. It does not do anyone any good. This is about bribery in this country and nothing more. We are giving the wireless companies the frequencies above the 600 MHz bandwidth. More than enough for each area of the country. But they now want to eliminate the competition that will costs you money and lose your local information that is vital to each community!

Please be active.

Regards,

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital

cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

2016 Frist World Series Title in 108 years

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 03:18:54 PM »

I will be active. I have the email of the state senator for my area, I will send him an email when I get done with this post.

wink

I love my Raydx 10.5-footer. It brings in 16APSK feeds quite well! Titanium C1 PLL LNBF & GEOSATpro SL1PLL Ku LNBF to a FreeSat GTC 4K receiver!
Jeff S.
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 01:18:44 PM »

The FCC just announced they are going to inform the public by the end of month.

I guess they have use part of the 1.7billion dollars gave them for the development. Most of that money went to the Koreans.

Don't hold your breath on public awareness. They will more than likely do it over IP! Your local stations doe not want to tell you their selling their frequencies and keeping the money.

Jeff Schumann
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: