LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
July 21, 2019, 03:37:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ASC1 Positioner New Firmware + Loader/Editor 2.0  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=36472.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wfwa  (Read 313 times)
danristheman
LFTA Legend

« on: June 07, 2019, 10:01:29 PM »

Pbs 39 is adding a 5th channel to their lineup a weather radar. Wish Fort Wayne can get more subs. 30 channels minus religious channels its 23. Wish we could get revn, movies and this tv.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 10:38:05 AM »

I wish my local PBS would add a weather radar!

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 11:51:06 AM »

Pretty much "Do or Die" for terrestrial broadcasts in the next few years. You can expect more services to be added as terrestrial broadcasts try to compete with broadband.

Facebook is an excellent source of information when looking for information about a tv station.

PBS39 Is Launching a Weather Radar Channel July 1
PBS39, Fort Wayne·Friday, June 7, 2019
 (Fort Wayne, IN) – PBS39 is launching a weather radar channel July 1.
“Providing this new community service is in keeping with PBS39’s public service mission,” said general manager Bruce Haines. “Over the past few months we have noticed that easy access to weather radar and conditions is clearly important to the viewers in our region. We believe adding a weather radar channel is a worthwhile endeavor, supporting the region that has shown us so much support over the years.” The weather radar channel will be called PBS39WX and be broadcast over the air on PBS39.5.
In its first weeks, the channel will feature continuous near real-time (within 30-seconds) National Weather Service Doppler weather radar, weather warnings and NWS audio. By September 1, the channel will add forecasts, live weather and climatic information such as highs, lows, peak wind gusts, and more.
It is hoped that cable providers such as Comcast and Frontier will add this public service channel to their lineup, though they are not obligated to do so. Over the air reception of 39.5 may require viewers to re-scan TV sets to add the new channel.

Resolution for this new service will probably be low. You can expect the new channel to have a 480i or 480p resolution.
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 04:14:00 PM »

I wish my local PBS would add a weather radar!

Wjrt 12.3 WeatherNation This is high-VHF, RF12

By the way, WJRT is adding START Tv and Heroes & Icons (H&I) sub channels soon. 12.4 and 12.5. Though I already get those on 101w C-band.

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 06:38:07 PM »

Wjrt 12.3 WeatherNation This is high-VHF, RF12

By the way, WJRT is adding START Tv and Heroes & Icons (H&I) sub channels soon. 12.4 and 12.5. Though I already get those on 101w C-band.

Yes, i do have that 12.3 WeatherNation. But i would like another from PBS, so my tax dollars are finally working for me LOL. Speaking of weatherNation i know a fellow he drives a gravel truck or something like that, and he does not have to work when its raining. He ONLY has OTA which i helped set-up for him, and he watches 12.3 non-stop, so he can see if it is gonna rain. LOL.

WJRT adding START Tv and Heroes & Icons (H&I) is GREAT news and this is the first i have heard of it! Thanks you for this info MikeBear.  Yeah i know we have it on C Band but i have like 7 TV's around the place and some only have OTA, so i will take all the channels i can get. Now if only Court TV would come to our market.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 06:41:11 PM »

I would also like Quest TV, while i am wishing. lol

MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 07:44:05 PM »

I would also like Quest TV, while i am wishing. lol

Maybe once Sinclair fires up their ATSC 3.0 signal, they'll add a bunch more of these. As far as I'm concerned, they can right now get rid of Mynetwork tv on 5.2, Ion on 5.4, TBD on 25.3 and replace those with something that has shows that are actually watchable.

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
danristheman
LFTA Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 08:33:09 PM »

Only show on MTV worth watching is last man standing. Quest is on wsjv out of south bend they have 5 subs on that channel.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 10:12:52 PM »

Only show on MTV worth watching is Last man standing.

You mean MyTV? I did not know it was on that station.

Last Man Standing is one of my FAVORITE shows!

lol - Mike Baxter!

ODM

beer

« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 10:15:18 PM by Hyper » Logged

elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2019, 11:09:03 PM »

My terrestrial channels that have a lot of sub-channels look bit starved. It is better than nothing though, and the programs the sub-channels show usually are not of the greatest video quality to begin with.  METV looks noticeably better on satellite than on the terrestrial sub-channel.  A couple of screencaps are attached. It is much easier to see the difference though when actually watching the channels.

ATSC 3.0 should produce a noticeably better picture with the same amount of sub-channels as compared to ATSC 1.0.
danristheman
LFTA Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2019, 11:32:28 PM »

My phone did auto correct.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: