LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
May 27, 2018, 06:36:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with stuttering signal on Movies, Heroes and Decades on SES1 101W.  (Read 3254 times)
cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

2016 Frist World Series Title in 108 years

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2016, 07:36:16 PM »

To start a conversation on what receivers are experiencing problems with receiving these three channels, as of today (2pm PDT) the channels are reported to be playing fine without any break-up on these receivers:

HDVR3500
X2 M1HD
FreeSat V7
Linkbox 9000i HD Local
TBS6983
Tevii DVBS2
K1+
U4 Quad
Amiko Alien 2
Amiko Mini HD SE (Most of the Time)
Generic Cheapie (No Known Name) NVT78304SE CPU (No Dolby)

Not Working on these receivers:

HDVR1200 - No Lock
DJ1997 - No Lock
X2 Premium - No Lock
microHD - Fluctuating SQ and occasional momentary decoding
mini HD SE  - Fluctuating SQ and occasional momentary decoding
Linkbox 8000 HD Local
Nano
Mini HD
Micro HD
Amiko A3
AZbox HD+
Optibox Raptor
Openbox S9

UPDATED LIST!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 05:01:54 PM by Hyper » Logged
FTAGardener
LFTA Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2016, 09:09:01 PM »

As stated in my original post, they are working fine on my Openbox Z5, stuttering badly on my S9 and completely black on my Azbox Me. I was wondering if it was a question of newer vs. older receivers but this list blows that idea. Something has changed in the transmission signal. Some receivers don't have a problem with it but others can't lock onto it. It has to be something in the tuner but whether a tuner can demodulate the signal seems to be completely random.

Enough dishes to call it a garden, not enough to call it a farm.

10' steel mesh BUD, 1.2m Ku dish on a SG2100 horizon to horizon motor and 4 Ku dish conversions: A 36" Starband with a 5 lnbs, a 33" Slimline, a 28" Wildblue and a 28" Dish Turbo HD.
cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2016, 09:57:59 PM »

FTAGardener

I agree, it looks to be random when you look at the STBs on the list.

agree   
Marv
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2016, 11:25:41 PM »

They also don't play on my X2 Premium lll. Bounce 0-72
Jimlw1
Know's FTA

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2016, 04:08:46 AM »

cpsp0,

Would be very interesting if you could show the following after each receiver.
1 Country Receiver is from (ie China - Korea, etc.)
2 Receiver Chipset
3 (Would anyone else like to add to the above ?)

Thank you for considering this request.

Jimlw1
Slayers
Honored Member
LFTA Legend

-Rock Chalk Jayhawk Ku-

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2016, 04:28:09 AM »

I have no issues with my...

Linkbox 9000 HD Local, AzBox Premium +HD & Optibox Raptor HD

on Movies, Heroes & Decades...

Slayers

Testing (1)TBS.6922.PCIe Express Satellite TV Card On
Ubuntu-64-Bit-Linux...
Windows-8.1-64-Bit-Build-9600...
Windows-10-64-Bit-Build-10240....
cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2016, 07:28:44 AM »

cpsp0,

Would be very interesting if you could show the following after each receiver.
1 Country Receiver is from (ie China - Korea, etc.)
2 Receiver Chipset
3 (Would anyone else like to add to the above ?)

Thank you for considering this request.

Jimlw1
I don't have that info unless it gets posted by someone else. Titanium might know, but I don't have info on chip sets.
digitaldan
Honored Member

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2016, 12:20:42 PM »

Slayers

The only way to be sure it is the box is to test on the same dish setup..... All this input from several people with different systems and dish sizes is not a good way to find out what works. For example the Linkbox was listed as unwatchable. But here in the above quote I picked for an example, Mr. Slayers has no problem. In the interest of being accurate, We might want to check around. Another thing is the Manhattan DJ-1997.... Several people say that won't play the mux, But have read at other forums where it plays just fine... Just something to consider before telling the world that Box"a" plays and box"b" won't.

Just my 2 cents. Have a great day!
joeroscoe1957
LFTA Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2016, 02:51:18 PM »

Guess I never had the "stutter" problem then , from what others describe .  My X2 Premium and Micro HD , both connected to the same Titanium C-2-PLL and both have not had (almost) any problem with Movies . Only lost the channel twice , in the 2 weeks I've been playing with that 5' dish .  Decades is watchable 75% of the time . Heroes watchable half the time .  They were all good , the first 3 days I set the dish up . Late last night and all day today (so far) , all 3 channels , twister3 twister3 good again .  I don't understand half of what  I think I know . But isn't that just normal problems for an under sized C band dish ?
cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2016, 04:46:51 PM »

Slayers

The only way to be sure it is the box is to test on the same dish setup..... All this input from several people with different systems and dish sizes is not a good way to find out what works. For example the Linkbox was listed as unwatchable. But here in the above quote I picked for an example, Mr. Slayers has no problem. In the interest of being accurate, We might want to check around. Another thing is the Manhattan DJ-1997.... Several people say that won't play the mux, But have read at other forums where it plays just fine... Just something to consider before telling the world that Box"a" plays and box"b" won't.

Just my 2 cents. Have a great day!
Very good point, I think I will change the list to reported to not be working and working. Because there are different setups and BUD sizes.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2016, 05:01:06 PM »

Based on Slayers post that the 9000i Linkbox is working fine for him, i edited the list a few posts above, moving it to the list that works.

Seeing all the confusion about receivers working/not working, i am starting to think perhaps it is also LNB related in some way?

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2016, 05:06:25 PM »

Based on Slayers post that the 9000i Linkbox is working fine for him, i edited the list a few posts above, moving it to the list that works.

Seeing all the confusion about receivers working/not working, i am starting to think perhaps it is also LNB related in some way?

AGREE 100%

agree    agree    agree    agree    agree
digitaldan
Honored Member

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2016, 08:10:36 PM »

Lnb's, Dish size, Quality of cable ran to the dish and it's age, Bad connections, Maybe even gremlins! So many things can come into play when it comes to a good signal making it to the receiver. Number of switches, any switches, no switches. Even the satellite drift could be a problem for those that are marginally aligned. There is a "Box" for the bird to be parked at. As it moves around that "Box", that could cause things to be intermittent. That's where a larger dish is a good thing. After all how many tv stations have a 10 or 12 foot dish? Not any I know of. They are all huuuuge! For those of us with moving systems then one could add dish alignment. The variables are almost limitless. Personally I never report things without checking my system out first. Then to be accurate in reporting, Stating the dish size and feed used, cable run length, Number of boxes one might have daisy chained, (Slaved) in line could also cause things not to be as they appear.
Bones60

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2016, 10:26:54 PM »

Everything working OK tonite!!  MicroHD...Spoke too soon,glitching again this morning.Can't figure this out,was watching Decades last nite with no issues at all???
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:35:45 PM by Bones60 » Logged
Titanium
Honored Member

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2016, 04:22:06 PM »

:) The reason that I worded my post with the listed STBs, was that those receivers were confirmed on my system with a simple coax swap on the same signal within a 10 minute test window at 2pm on June 10th. No variables other than the STB... Then that list was edited and modified by the moderator to add more STBs. Sorry, wasn't my original intent! :(

I agree that it seems to be chipset related. Yes, I could list the chipset for each STB, but rather, I have observed that the Novatek 78326 and the ALI chipsets were having issues. The 9000i is an ALI chipset and it was previously having issues, but now all receivers (all chipsets) seem to be working again.... temporarily or permanent?? :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 04:26:34 PM by Titanium » Logged

Titanium Satellite
Brian Gohl
Proud to Support LegalFreeTo Air
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: