LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
July 21, 2018, 10:09:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ASC1 Positioner New Firmware + Loader/Editor 2.0  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=36472.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fox News In Audio/ Radio On 99W  (Read 477 times)
jtb3-
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« on: July 19, 2016, 03:41:44 PM »

FTA Ku Band Radio side.
I have been getting Fox News TV broadcast (audio only) on G-16 radio side for 3 years or so.  I rebroadcast it with a FM radio transmitter
and I can receive it anywhere on my property (2 acres).  I can only receive the TP -11858 H  SR- 1000 V0 /A4119 / P519 on an
Avenger PLL3215 (PLL) LNBF  on my 39" motorized dish.  I have tried to lock this radio station with other LNBF's with no success at all.
Even using the Avenger PLL3215 after a year, or so, the reception begins to deteriorate and I have to really fine tune to keep the signal.
Eventually I have to replace the PLL LNBF with a new PLL3215 and I get a stable signal for another year, and so on.   All other programs
seem to remain good as ever.  This only effects 11858  H  1000.

Can anyone else receive this TP and if you do, what LNB and dish are you using?

Scans in as a 7 channel Fox News audio MUX.
1 thru 6 are only intermittent broadcasts.  #7 Scans in as "DESK_SA_FNC_AIR"   and broadcasts TV Fox News audio 24-7 and is about
30 seconds ahead of Video broadcast carried on cable network.  

Note.....I just looked on SATHINT and I see that it is not even listed.....yet I have been receiving it for at least 3+ years...albeit with
 all the difficulties I have described above.

Tom
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:32:18 AM by jtb3- » Logged
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 06:13:14 PM »

Hey Tom,

Thanks for posting this.

I dont believe i have ever scanned in this signal, but not sure i have ever tried!

I will see if i can pull it in. Maybe others will check too.

That is weird that you can only get it using the Avenger PLL321S (PLL) LNBF. What other LNBF's have you tried i wonder?

::thinking

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 08:09:58 PM »

I have been trying for the last 30 minutes on my 10 Ft BUD dish with BSC621 C/Ku LNBF.

No go for me so far.

I get the JBS mux on TP 11802 H 30000, and i peaked this signal and got 98/72 on my Linkbox receiver and still no go on 11858 H  SR- 1000, not even a whiff of signal.

I also motored east and west a few deg's at a time looking for the signal, i got nothing.

::thinking

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
jtb3-
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 01:29:40 AM »

Hyper,  I have used the Avenger KSC 321S , GEOSATpro SL1PLL , GeoSat Bullet and a couple others that I have boxed away.
I have rarely scanned in the Fox news channels with the other LNB's but have never gotten them to play at all
I keep an extra Avenger PLL LNBF because they seem to loose the ability to keep a lock on that weak TP 11858 H 1000 after 1 year.
I just replaced the PLL LNBF and I'm sure I'll be good for another year. As I said on my 1st post I rebroadcast on a clear FM
channel and play Fox News thru any FM radio anywhere on my property.  In summery....the Avenger PLL321S is the ONLY
LNB that will receive this TP...... that is why I wanted to know if anyone on here has had any success getting FNC (24-7) on G-16.

Tom
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 03:45:46 PM by jtb3- » Logged
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 07:17:08 PM »

Still no replies! No one else has this signal?

jtb3- i know you are using a 39" Ku offset dish and ONLY get this with an Avenger 321S (PLL) LNBF, but where abouts you located? Also, what FTA receiver do you use for this, and can you get it with other FTA receivers?

I only have a 36" Ku dish and i do not have that LNBF here. Your signal level tells me my dish is too small anyway, and as you saw above i could not find the signal on my 10 ft dish.

One of us needs to find it for jtb3 to confirm and so we can figure out if any other LNB can receive it.

Who is up for the challenge?

05confused

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 07:29:22 PM by Hyper » Logged

jtb3-
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 12:11:59 AM »

jtb3- i know you are using a 39" Ku offset dish and ONLY get this with an Avenger 321S (PLL) LNBF, but where abouts you located? Also, what FTA receiver do you use for this, and can you get it with other FTA receivers?

I only have a 36" Ku dish and i do not have that LNBF here. Your signal level tells me my dish is too small anyway, and as you saw above i could not find the signal on my 10 ft dish.

One of us needs to find it for jtb3 to confirm and so we can figure out if any other LNB can receive it.

05confused

Hyper, right now I am receiving it on a Openbox S-16 that is dedicated to my Ku band system.  When I first found the Fox transponder
I was using a OB S-10.  I haven't tried it on the DJ-1997 yet, but I believe it would have no problem with reception of that TP.
I am located at zip code 21625,  about 50 miles east of DC.
I hope the program doesn't go away.....we rebroadcast it all the time on FM radio.  I am listening to Fox News on FM, from the sat.
as I type, while my wife is watching NATGEO ( Grand Canyon national park) on 97 C band on the other side of our house LOL.

Tom
jtb3-
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 01:07:45 AM »

05confused

Hyper, I hooked up a Manhattan DJ-1997 to my Ku band system...I didn't do anything else except replace the
S-16 with the DJ-1997 and it scanned in the FNC radio MUX even better then the S16, and that doesn't
surprise me..... I think the Manhattan is a much better receiver.   I'm attaching a screen shot of the DJ-1997.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 10:30:50 AM »

Nice, thanks jtb3- for letting us know this, and for the screen shot. I am not suprised the Manhattan DJ-1997 HD does better than the Openbox S16, not at all.  Now i am curious with a better signal on the DJ-1997 HD, i wonder if you would still get the signal with a different LNB?

jtb3-
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 10:15:27 PM »

Nice, thanks jtb3- for letting us know this, and for the screen shot. I am not suprised the Manhattan DJ-1997 HD does better than the Openbox S16, not at all.  Now i am curious with a better signal on the DJ-1997 HD, i wonder if you would still get the signal with a different LNB?

Well, the Avenger KSC321S or the GEOSATpro SL2 Bullet can not get a lock on the TP 11858 H 1000 (Fox News Radio) using the Manhattan DJ-1997.
But, as I have stated above, the DJ-1997 receives FNC with a steady 69-70% SQ , right now, using the  Avenger PLL321 S-1 LNBF. (None other will??)
The FNC signal is very good in this clear fall weather we are having.

Tom
Leebob

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 11:53:46 PM »

JTB3  I am locking TP -11858 H 1000  and I am receiving 7 Channels plus Desk_SA_FNC_AIR with 58Q. My KU set-up is a motorized Geosat pro 90cm and the lnbf is Geosat SL1PLL. Receiver is Amiko Mini HD SE. I'm Receiving audio on the desk channel and on one other channel as of right now. I'm located in Northern CA. Tom I hope this helps.   
jtb3-
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 01:40:55 AM »

JTB3  I am locking TP -11858 H 1000  and I am receiving 7 Channels plus Desk_SA_FNC_AIR with 58Q. My KU set-up is a motorized Geosat pro 90cm and the lnbf is Geosat SL1PLL. Receiver is Amiko Mini HD SE. I'm Receiving audio on the desk channel and on one other channel as of right now. I'm located in Northern CA. Tom I hope this helps.   
Leebob,  thanks for the feed back....I was beginning to think that I was the only one receiving this radio TP.   On the 7 channel MUX  Desk_SA_FNC_AIR
is broadcasting Fox News 24/7 at about 30 seconds ahead of the the broadcast on cable.  I see you are using the Geosat SL1 PLL LNBF ...I have not
tried that LNB, but maybe only the "phase loop" LNB's are able to lock on (?)  The other programs, except  "Desk_SA_FNC_AIR" only seem to be used
for Fox News occasional broadcasts.   
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 10:56:42 AM »

Awesome to see the signal confirmed by someone else, and using another LNB type!

If anyone else wants to try to find this signal HyperMegaSat.com has plenty of the GeosatSL1PLL LNB's in stock. These have become a real hot seller as of late since more folks have tried them.

Also, for jtb3- (or anyone else) in mid to late December i will have a very limited quantity of the Avenger Dual PLL 322-S2 (dual longneck) LNB's available.

shocked

jtb3-
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2018, 06:31:23 PM »

I am posting an update on this Fox News (audio only) MUX.
I had lost this program completely about 6 months ago and it would not, or will not, scan in.
TP -11858 H  SR- 1000 V0 /A4119 / P519    I found today if I manually change the SR to 1120 I can
get this MUX again just fine    Don't know why, but it gets everything just great once again.   grin

Tom
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: