LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
May 28, 2020, 10:48:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: STAB HH-90 Ku Band Dish Motor ON SALE  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=50773.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Product Release - Manhattan RC-1978 HD FTA/IPTV Receiver  (Read 872 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« on: December 19, 2016, 10:56:22 PM »

Introducing the New Manhattan RC-1978 HD FTA/IPTV Receiver!

Brand New on the market for 2017 is the Manhattan RC-1978 High Definition PVR Ready FTA / IPTV Digital Free To Air Satellite Receiver!

State Of The Art H.265 Supported, H.264/AVC SD, H.264/AVC HD, MPEG-2/MPEG-4 ready, DVB-S, DVB-S2, 1080i HD, AC3 Dolby Digital, Hardware-driven blind scan, and IPTV! PVR Ready, LAN and WIFI for IPTV, plus 2 USB Ports (Front and Rear).  

Combines the legendary quality, reliability, and ease of use you have come to expect from Manhattan for Free To Air Satellite plus IPTV!  

Coming Soon!

Features:

Integrates high performance dual-ADC with 10bit, up to 125MHz
 State of art "HEVC H.265" format support
 MPEG2 SD, MPEG2 HD, H.264/AVC SD, H.264/AVC HD, FULL HD (1080p)
 SCPC and MCPC receivable from C/Ku band satellite
 10000 TV channel & 3000 IPTV channels and Radio programmable
 8 different favorite groups selection
 Multi-language OSD (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Arabic, Polish etc)
 Fully support to 7 days Electronic Program Guide(EPG)
 Picture in Graphics(PIG) support
 Youtube, Dailymotion Video, Vimeo video, Shoutcast Radio
 DiSEqC 1.2 fully support, 13/18V, 0/22K LNB control
 Various channel editing functions( favorite, moving, locking, renaming, deleting and sorting)
 Video decoding support: AVS, AVS plus, H.264, H.265
 Support USB upgrade
 16 Timer Reservations, automatically switch to a specific channel
 Subtitle support DVB EN300743 and EBU
 Teletext support DVB ETS300472 by VBI and OSD
 Channel list can be sorted by alphabetic A-Z, Scramble, Favorite, Lock, Sat
 Support FAT16/FAT32/FAT12
 List display for JPEG/BMP files
 720p, 1080i, 1080p with HDCP copy protection
 1 recording, then still can Timeshift

Technical Details:

System Resource Information
   CPU/Decoder National chipset (32-bit CK610M CPU)
   Flash Memory 16Mbyte (128Mbit)
   SDRAM Memory 128Mbyte (1Gbit)
DVB-S2 Tuner & Demodulator
   Frequency Range 950 ∼ 2150MHz
   Input Impedance 75Ω
   LNB Power/Polarization Ver 13VDC;Hor 18VDC @ 400mA (max) 22KHz±0.4KHz(0.6V±0.2V)tone, Overload Protection
   Input Level Range 65dBm ∼ -25dBm
   Loop-Through Signal loop through
   DVBS Demod standard DVB-S,DVB-S2
   DVBS Demodulation QPSK/8PSK/16APSK/32APSK
   DVBS Symbol Rate 2 ∼ 90MSPS(Code Rate 1/2)
   DVBS Code Rate 1/2,2/3,3/4,5/6,7/8 for DVBS, 1/4,1/3,2/5,1/2,3/5,2/3,3/4,5/6,8/9,9/10 for DVBS2
MPEG TS AV Decoding
   Demultiplexer MPEG2 ISO/IEC 13818-1
   Input Bit Rate Max 100Mbit/s
   Video Decode AVS, AVS Plus, H.264, H.265 (HEVC)
   Aspect Ratio 4 :3,16:9
   Video Resolution 1920×1080,1280×720,720×480, 1080p
   Audio Decode MPEG-1 layerI/II, PCM downmix, IEC958 SPDIF,Dolby 5.1, Dolby downmix 2 channel, Dolby Prologic2
   Sound Mode LEFT/RIGHT/STEREO/MONO
   Sampling Frequency 32KHz, 44.1KHz, 48KHz
AV and Data Output
   USB 2.0 Host Interface Firmware upgrade & USB PVR
   Coaxial DIGITAL AUDIO
   Lan Ethernet (RJ45) Network
   Serial Interface RS232
   RCA CVBS, Audio L/R, Video
   HDMI 19 PIN Female HDMI 1.2
Environment
   Input Voltage DC12V adapter,50Hz/60Hz
   Consumption Max 22W (Under 1W in Standby Mode)
   Temperature 0∼40℃
   Dimension 220 X 140 X 38 mm
   Net Weight 0.8 kg

« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 12:07:50 AM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
DAVE5

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 08:37:16 PM »

Does this STB have Polarotor output and what is the warranty and return policy??

Dave
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 01:22:47 PM »

Does this STB have Polarotor output and what is the warranty and return policy??

Dave

No, will not control a Polarotor, most FTA receivers on the market today will not.

Warranty is for 1 year.

Return policy if you purchase from HyperMegaSat.com:

http://www.hypermegasat.com/Policy.html#shipping

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
fastscirocco

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 11:14:43 PM »

Is this running Kodi for iptv?

full time single dad of two amazing kids! My minions are 5 and 8 1/2!
jess73
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 12:33:04 AM »

Will this be easier to scan H and V, or do I have to do a "dance" like I do with the 1997.  Yes; I still have a polorotor on my feed horn.  Jess out in California

9ft. c/ku Mesh button hook hor to hor. 4dtv922 slaved pansat2500,9500, az prem hd, and a cw3000 at the end of the loop. other boxes in the closet. got the 9500 from Hypermegasat! Can look from 55.5 to 139 west.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 10:58:00 PM »

Is this running Kodi for iptv?

No, no KODI or XBMC.

Like the Manhattan DJ-1997 HD, the IPTV on the Manhattan RC-1978 HD is url based.

Very easy to add/edit your own IPTV list.

smiley

Jimlw1
Know's FTA

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 12:00:58 AM »

Thank you Hyper

I received my RC-1978 today, Thursday - will probably tune up tonight and have online Friday

Jimlw1

PS: (Sat Morning) Excitement plunged - I hit a few snags, and it is not, sorry Jeff, "The Receiver" that i was expecting...

You win a few, lose a few, and life goes on...

I will be contacting Hyper to work out some kind of Receiver trade.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 12:23:48 PM by Jimlw1 » Logged
Bones60

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 12:46:18 AM »

Jimlw1
  Would it be possible to elaborate on the problems you have encountered with this stb..I was seriously looking into purchasing it..any insight would help..Thanks
Jimlw1
Know's FTA

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 03:39:46 PM »

Bones60,
several problems ...
1 - Satellite position numbering system goes from 1 sequentially (IE: 1,2,3,4,5...) - first sat is position #1 - 2nd sat position #2
2 - For my V-Box, i can skip numbers.. 5,6,9,10,13, etc and later use skipped numbers to INSERT a satellite, that way i don't need to renumber any later satellites to add new satellites into any position. [also see (5) about Editing Satellite List]
3 - The IPTV pooped out after 4/5 hrs - DEAD, Totally DEAD, so can only use IPTV with Network Cat5 cable.
4 - No info on how to ADD/EDIT iptv channels.
5 - N0 info on an Editor  to ADD/EDIT satellite list
6 - Pic in Graphics (PIG) - How/what buttons to press ?
Those were problems - that i found, so i can't use this receiver - I will be contacting Hyper about return - possibly trade for another receiver.
You may or may not have those problems.
Jimlw1
I am also adding to this post - how i have the satellites listed on my Receiver(s) - with my numbering system for each satellite position and Mover count,  and i am able to swap preset receivers with no issues.
PDF file: (7=2017 -- (A = Jan) -- (22=day) -- 4 character dating - repeats every 10 years -- B=Belvidere - C-Ku=bands

PS: Any thoughts about the way i have set up my sat list - appreciate any and all feed back - thank you

Also would invite comments on my problems - especially from Jeff and Hyper
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 05:31:12 AM by Jimlw1 » Logged
Bones60

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 08:46:10 PM »

OK...Thanks..I think some of the problems your encountering may be solved with a firmware update..we will have to wait and see if Jeff at Manhatten addresses some of these issues..its still a new receiver,so I'm sure there will be some updates.
digitaldan
Honored Member

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 03:27:27 PM »

OK...Thanks..I think some of the problems your encountering may be solved with a firmware update..we will have to wait and see if Jeff at Manhatten addresses some of these issues..its still a new receiver,so I'm sure there will be some updates.

There are always some problems with all receivers at first. The support after the sale is what sets manufacturers apart. There is one thing however that was mentioned that is NOT a problem and as a seasoned FTA guy for more years than I care to admit, needs to be clarified.

PIG stands for Picture in Graphics. Thats all. It means that you have a picture while looking at the guide, While looking at the sat list in "Edit" mode, etc. etc.... There are no buttons to push. It is simply a term that describes the feature. Thats all. Pansat was where I first saw the term so many years ago.... Now I feel old..... So saying that "No buttons to push is a problem with the "PIG" is flat out wrong. There never were any buttons to push for that feature. It was either there or not. That was mentioned as point number 5 by jimlw so wanted to clarify what a "PIG" is and there are no buttons to push. It just describes that you have a picture in a reduced size in the graphics. 

The IPTV channel editing is still being worked on. From my understanding this is getting figured out. This box has a different file structure from the 1997. Something should be happening soon on the IPTV editing once the file structure of the IPTV list is understood. Hopefully this clears a few things up anyways. As far as the IPTV going out goes, that will be checked out if a box comes back. If it's a problem, I'm sure it will be addressed. I still have IPTV either with wifi or with cable and been watching for months. However that don't mean there is no problem. I simply haven't observed that yet. Manhattan has always stood behind their product and I'm sure will continue to do so.
cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

2016 Frist World Series Title in 108 years

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 04:36:49 PM »

There are always some problems with all receivers at first. The support after the sale is what sets manufacturers apart. There is one thing however that was mentioned that is NOT a problem and as a seasoned FTA guy for more years than I care to admit, needs to be clarified.

PIG stands for Picture in Graphics. Thats all. It means that you have a picture while looking at the guide, While looking at the sat list in "Edit" mode, etc. etc.... There are no buttons to push. It is simply a term that describes the feature. Thats all. Pansat was where I first saw the term so many years ago.... Now I feel old..... So saying that "No buttons to push is a problem with the "PIG" is flat out wrong. There never were any buttons to push for that feature. It was either there or not. That was mentioned as point number 5 by jimlw so wanted to clarify what a "PIG" is and there are no buttons to push. It just describes that you have a picture in a reduced size in the graphics. 

The IPTV channel editing is still being worked on. From my understanding this is getting figured out. This box has a different file structure from the 1997. Something should be happening soon on the IPTV editing once the file structure of the IPTV list is understood. Hopefully this clears a few things up anyways. As far as the IPTV going out goes, that will be checked out if a box comes back. If it's a problem, I'm sure it will be addressed. I still have IPTV either with wifi or with cable and been watching for months. However that don't mean there is no problem. I simply haven't observed that yet. Manhattan has always stood behind their product and I'm sure will continue to do so.
I agree with DigitalDan 1000% when he says Manhattan stands behind their products!

amen amen amen amen amen amen amen amen amen amen amen amen amen amen amen amen

I love my Raydx 10.5-footer. It brings in 16APSK feeds quite well! Titanium C1 PLL LNBF & GEOSATpro SL1PLL Ku LNBF to a FreeSat GTC 4K receiver!
Jimlw1
Know's FTA

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 03:39:26 AM »

digitaldan, - thank you for responding.

I remember the early days also (HBO losing control by a Hacker - Captain ...), had my Dish before Scrambling started.

And in the receivers that i have had there was a button / way to have "PIGS" of other transponders on the same satellite and you could chose one to go to that transponder. There were more than 1 PIG and you could control several - such as 4, 8, 16, etc...., but i was just wondering why it was mentioned with no info on it.

I understand new products / and early growing pains / fixes / upgrades.

Do i understand the sat numbering / position set up - ( tis new to me if i have it right ), numbering the Satellites ONLY sequentially and with no skips as you add them to the Sat List ?

I did not try to use the RC-1978 in my setup because of the different method of using position/numbering and it would have messed with my position settings.

Another thing i didn't see or mention is "How to Move newly scanned transponders" from end of list to correct position / Satellite.

On loosing WiFi for IPTV - the dongle appears to have failed - only thing i can figure - and i'm not sure if replacements would or would not do the same - i know electronic components can and do fail for no apparent reason.

Enuff Soap Box for now - later

Jimlw1
digitaldan
Honored Member

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 03:49:14 PM »

digitaldan, - thank you for responding.

I remember the early days also (HBO losing control by a Hacker - Captain ...), had my Dish before Scrambling started.

And in the receivers that i have had there was a button / way to have "PIGS" of other transponders on the same satellite and you could chose one to go to that transponder. There were more than 1 PIG and you could control several - such as 4, 8, 16, etc...., but i was just wondering why it was mentioned with no info on it.

I understand new products / and early growing pains / fixes / upgrades.

Do i understand the sat numbering / position set up - ( tis new to me if i have it right ), numbering the Satellites ONLY sequentially and with no skips as you add them to the Sat List ?

I did not try to use the RC-1978 in my setup because of the different method of using position/numbering and it would have messed with my position settings.

Another thing i didn't see or mention is "How to Move newly scanned transponders" from end of list to correct position / Satellite.

On loosing WiFi for IPTV - the dongle appears to have failed - only thing i can figure - and i'm not sure if replacements would or would not do the same - i know electronic components can and do fail for no apparent reason.

Enuff Soap Box for now - later

Jimlw1

Capitan Chaos (Kay oss) Wow.. now I'm really dated! That dude took over HBO for something like 15 minutes!  Pretty cool to watch. But he did pay a price. Think he did that a couple times to protest scrambling before he got caught.  (Snicker)

An editor is needed for this receiver and that from what I understand should be getting developed. Then the V-Box will report what you want to see on the front.

I swap boxes all the time and have no problem with that. Whatever position is stored in whatever receiver the V-Box moves according to which receiver I have hooked up. As an example, a box I'm "Playing" with right now has G-19/C in position 64 if I remember correctly. The 1978 has it in position 1. (I programmed that first what can I say..)  When I move the receiver I'm playing with out and the 1978 in, as soon as I turn the receiver on the V-Box display will change to P-01. I re hook the other box up and the same sat will say P-64. So to me the display thing is a non issue. Everything is stored in the receiver and not the v-box when using the receiver to control movement. But thats me. I also always start at the eastern most bird I can see and enter all positions across the sky. Then there is no "inserting" to do. Only change the name if the sat operator does. Also that allows me to simply copy the same position number for the Ku side. After all it's the same bird just the Ku antennas. For me there was no reason to chew up a position for the same bird. That's what I used to do anyways. Now I have a separate dish for Ku. Before I had a 741 C/Ku lnbf on my 10 footer.

I think I know what you mean about the different transponders or video you are thinking of. I had to dig out my old Viewsat and look. That receiver had a button to press that would load the screen up with up to 16 "Mini" screens and you could see a snapshot of the different shows. Then you could highlight the one you wanted and flip to it. It was some kind of multi-view and I haven't seen that feature for years. I think that died when the satellites that it was useful on became unviewable. The PIG feature on this receiver, (1978), is the same that the people of the former Pansat advertised meaning you have video in a reduced size screen during some menu operations like the guide. Sorry for the disappointment. If it makes you feel better when I first saw that on an old 2300 I thought it was a picture in a picture. But only dual tuners can do that with different transponders. Now more than one channel on same transponder then that's different. Some can be split and watch one thing and record another. Don't ask about the 78... I've been messing with so many lately I can't remember off hand if that can be done on the 1978 or not. Different chip set all together.

When I scan a satellite, I tend to delete all transponders and blind scan fresh. So for me editing transponder positions is a non issue. By the time I enter a transponder then scan, I can scan the entire bird and catch all changes including the ones that Lyngsat don't have yet. Not that much time difference for me. I start scan... grab drink, grab food, or take a leak. Then save channels in that order.

I wondered about the antenna... (Dongle).  Since the box still got IPTV with the cable, I kinda doubted it was the box. Those antennas are so cheap to begin with. They are all over flea bay for as little as 5-7 bucks. Shipping costs more than the antenna!

Hopefully we can get a channel editor soon. It would make life so much easier and it would solve about all the things you were concerned about my friend. This box was brought about to just be a replacement for the 1997. Since that chip set can't be had, we had to go different route.

Just wait and see whats around the corner. There is work in progress. But with what is being looked at, it's going to take awhile to get developed. But the wait will be worth it.  Thanks to everyone for your support of Manhattan-Digital. have a great day!

norman881

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 07:27:36 PM »

The hacker was Captain Midnight.  I was active duty US Army Satcom in 1986 when he put up his signal for almost 5 minutes.  Several government satellite stations were monitoring the bird for 2 weeks to help pinpoint where his transmitting location was.  I'm dating myself too. :)

10 FT Winegard Pinnacle w/Venture 36" Maxie Heavy Duty Ball Screw Actuator 90 cm Fortec w/DG380 and Avenger PLL LNBF Amiko HD265 & Edision OS Mio 4K  Titanium ASC1 Controller & C1 PLL LNBF
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: