LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
December 11, 2017, 09:43:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Updated IPTV List for Manhattan RC-1978 HD 101617 >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=47345.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SES 11/EchoStar 105 Launch Oct 11th  (Read 430 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« on: October 09, 2017, 09:18:55 PM »

SES 11/EchoStar 105 is set to launch on Oct 11th

Look for feeds of the launch live.

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch the SES-11/EchoStar 105 hybrid communications satellite to replace the AMC-15 and AMC-18 satellites.

As SES-11, the spacecraft’s C-band capacity will provide replacement capacity for SES of Luxembourg for AMC-18.

EchoStar Corp. of Englewood, Colorado, will market the Ku-Band transponder capacity, with coverage of the 50 U.S. states, the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean, as EchoStar 105, replacing AMC-15.

Cool

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 11:32:23 AM »

I actually was able to watch this launch live, it was very cool. I would recommend watching the next launch if you get a chance too. The SpaceX Falcon 9 separated from the rest of the rocket like 8 minutes in, and they showed it landing perfectly upright on a ship in the Atlantic called "of course i still love you". This Falcon was previously used in another launch, so that was cool to see a re-usable rocket.

Anyways SES 11/EchoStar 105 in successfully in its geostationary orbit now.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 05:18:33 PM »

EchoStar 105/ SES-11 Successfully Launched on SpaceX’s Falcon 9
Written on 12 Oct 2017

Dual-mission satellite will enable SES to accelerate delivery of HD and UHD channels using C-band capacity across the US, while Ku-band payload will serve EchoStar’s enterprise, media and broadcast needs

Luxembourg/ Cape Canaveral, 12 October 2017 – SES announced today that the EchoStar 105/ SES-11 satellite was successfully launched into space on SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida at 00:53 CEST. This is the second time SES has launched on a flight-proven Falcon 9 rocket, and the fourth launch with SpaceX. SES was the first commercial customer to launch on a Falcon 9 in 2013.

Built by Airbus, EchoStar 105/ SES-11 is a dual-mission satellite, providing SES with a C-band payload of 24 transponders of 36 MHz, owned and operated by SES, marketed under the name SES-11, and EchoStar with 24 Ku-band transponders of 36 MHz, marketed as EchoStar 105. The high-powered communications satellite replaces C-band capacity for AMC-18 and Ku-band capacity for AMC-15 at the 105 degrees West orbital slot.

Full article here:

Code:
https://www.ses.com/press-release/echostar-105-ses-11-successfully-launched-spacexs-falcon-9

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 05:20:22 PM »

You can watch the FULL LAUNCH here on youtube:

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv1zeGSvhIw

thumbs_up

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: