LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
November 14, 2018, 11:12:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Linkbox 9000i HD V169 Firmware Update 102918  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=49798.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GE Pro Attic Mount OTA ( Terrestrial) Antenna Model 33692 Review  (Read 282 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« on: October 15, 2017, 06:58:52 PM »

Hey folks,

This weekend i installed one of these GE Pro Attic Mount OTA ( Terrestrial) Antenna's, and i was pleasantly surprised!

More info, my review coming soon.

grin

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 06:57:18 PM »

OK, i bought this antenna on Amazon. I paid like $24 for it last week, with FREE shipping, price is now $32.84 but i would say it is worth it even at that price.

GE 33692 Attic Mount HD Antenna - Long Range - Compact Design with Mount for VHF / UHF Channels - 60 Mile Range

This one is designed for indoors, specifically to be used in an attic. I am using it in the attic of a 1 story ranch style house, i would imagine it would work great in a 2 story house.

Previously i had a RCA ANT751 Yagi style in the attic to feed my living room and it worked really well. I definitely recommend these RCA ANT751. I actually own 4 of them, although i am only using 3 of them. 1 here at my office, and i have 2 of them at my Florida house.

But the reason i wanted to try this GE antenna is that here in the Flint, MI area, channel 5 WNEM has a VERY weak signal for some reason. Even though the tower is 35 miles away the best i could do for sig was 58-60%. Compared with the other networks i get here on OTA that are all 84-90% on the RCA. So i would have some pixellation on channel 5 WNEM from time to time, not bad at all but enough to annoy me since it was not perfect.

So the wife researched this new GE antenna and it got great reviews so i thought for $24 why not try it. I replaced the RCA in the attic with this GE antenna and instantly WNEM 5 went to 68-69%. Not a big leap over the RCA, but enough to solve my problem. Everything else has the same signal quality or more too.

One note, i do not use any kind of amplifier on my OTA antenna's. I always wish to avoid anything i need to plug in that will suck electricity and my hard earned $$.

So i would call this antenna a winner. It is much lighter than the RCA, takes up a much smaller area, and comes with everything you would need. Works very well, and you can not beat the price. So if you want an antenna for in your attic, and you are within less than 60 miles of the broadcast towers, this one is a great choice i believe.

thumbs_up

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: