LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
June 19, 2018, 09:01:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DOD-Overseas troops will see Sunday NFL games despite government shutdown of AFN  (Read 482 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« on: January 21, 2018, 06:52:25 PM »

Overseas troops will see Sunday NFL games despite government shutdown, Defense Department says

By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News

U.S. military personnel overseas will get to watch the NFL conference championships games Sunday, after the broadcasts originally were deemed a non-essential service and canceled as part of the government shutdown, according to the Defense Department.

“Despite the government shutdown, (the department) determined the operational necessity of television and radio broadcasts constitutes them as essential activities,” chief Defense Department spokeswoman Dana White said. “We will continue to find solutions to support our troops at home and abroad.”

Her announcement followed outcry about overseas U.S. service members not being able to see the two games Sunday afternoon, particularly since officials have said military personnel won’t get paid during the furlough, which started overnight Friday.

White described some legal and manpower maneuvering to get the games on air. She said two of the eight Armed Forces Network channels -- news and sports -- will remain on, despite the network being run by civilians, who have been furloughed in the shutdown.  

FULL STORY HERE:

Code:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/21/government-shutdown-to-prevent-us-troops-overseas-from-watching-nfl-playoff-games.html

th_clap

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: