LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
December 19, 2018, 03:30:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ASC1 Positioner New Firmware + Loader/Editor 2.0  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=36472.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My OTA Antennas Setup & More  (Read 519 times)
FTA-NWA

It all began for me with a fixed Hotdish75 on 97W.

« on: January 22, 2018, 11:22:56 AM »

I just recently got this in the mail from TBN since I am a supporter of their networks on Galaxy 19 KU band (I really like JUCE TV for Christian Music Videos and one of the main reasons for having a FTA dish on Galaxy 19 KU Band). I also enjoy a lot of local HDTV channels OTA with two attic antennas. This is so that I don't have to use a rotator. I have two coaxes coming down the wall to a dual coaxial outlet. I just plug my TV's antenna coax into the wall outlet for either the North Antenna or the Southeast Antenna. Looks to me like an FTA dish in the photo of the update from TBN networks. I am still getting a lot of OTA channels here in N.W. after the frequency auction. I have noticed that some of the newer TV's coming out do not have OTA tuners built in though - what's up with that? My attic antennas are an RCA and a Antennas Direct. I am always looking for TV DX too but it seems like we haven't had the kind of great TV DX I have seen in the past in a while.

Fixed Patriot 85E 36X31 Elliptical KU Band Dish on 91W, 97W & 103W,
QualiTV 4x1 DiSEqC Switch,
GeosatPRO MicroHD STB, Manhattan DJ-1997 STB,
Fixed WS9036 (HotDish90) KU Band Mini-BUD on 91W C-Band.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 06:57:42 PM »

I turned that pdf into a picture to make it easy for everyone (attached)

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 07:05:29 PM »

Thanks for that info FTA-NWA, looks like it affects just 3 markets only, but good to know for the folks in those markets! It is weird they showed an FTA dish instead of a OTA antenna since the message is about OTA. Hmmmmm..........

I too also enjoy JUCE for the Christian music videos. I remember when it was called JCTV not too long ago. A bunch of the youth (teens) from my church are going to see Winter Jam in just a couple weeks in Detroit that will feature many of the artists you see regularly on JUCE. Very cool.

I like your OTA attic set-up. I have the same thing going on here. I have a RCA-ANT 751 just like yours, at the moment i have that disconnected in favor of a GE 33692 Attic Mount HD Antenna, but eventually i plan to connect the 2 together, like i did in my place in Florida. You can see how i did it here:

http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=37512.0

Maybe this would be something to consider for your 2 antenna set-up.

Yeah, some new TV's do not have a coax input at all! I guess one way around this is a FTA receiver with a built in ATSC tuner. I prefer it this way anyhow.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
FTA-NWA

It all began for me with a fixed Hotdish75 on 97W.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 04:11:41 PM »

Hyper,
      Thank you for changing the .pdf to a .jpeg for me. I forgot to save it as a .jpeg (Ubuntu Linux defaults to .pdf when I scan something with the Simple Scan application). Thank you for all the good information you passed along to me also. I set up three attic antennas at my Mom's house with an Antenna's Direct Clearstream 5 VHF only antenna pointed West to Tulsa (90 miles away) and a DB8 pointed north to Joplin for UHF only (60 miles away). These two antennas then went into a UHF/VHF combiner for a single coax output into an Antennas Direct pre-amp. This works well although Tulsa is too far away for consistant reception, we look for TV band enhancement. OETA used to be on AMC-21 as you know but she uses the Clearstream 5 to get the 4 PBS subchannels direct from Tulsa frequently. She can also get the 3 Ozarks PBS channels from Joplin at times but not consistently like channel 12 and channel 16 on the DB8. The DB8 seems to be a great antenna. We were able to watch coverage of the F5 tornado that hit the Joplin area awhile back (very scary). A lot of our bad weather comes out of N.E. Oklahoma during storm season and Tulsa has several VHF only HDTV OTA stations. This coax went to a double jack outlet plate for the North/West coverage and a third RCA antenna pointed Southeast for local Fayettevile Arkansas area station coverage. With this setup and FTA Satellite dishes, my Mom doesn't miss having turned off cable and the high monthly bill she had at all.

Fixed Patriot 85E 36X31 Elliptical KU Band Dish on 91W, 97W & 103W,
QualiTV 4x1 DiSEqC Switch,
GeosatPRO MicroHD STB, Manhattan DJ-1997 STB,
Fixed WS9036 (HotDish90) KU Band Mini-BUD on 91W C-Band.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: