LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
February 24, 2018, 05:13:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ASC1 Positioner New Firmware + Loader/Editor 2.0  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=36472.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Floating through space, SpaceX's 'Starman' mesmerizes the world  (Read 138 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« on: February 07, 2018, 08:03:57 PM »

Floating through space, SpaceX's 'Starman' mesmerizes the world

USA Today Network
James Dean and Emre Kelly, Florida
Today 7:00 p.m. ET Feb. 7, 2018

CAPE CANAVERAL The fire and smoke have long dissipated but the excitement of Tuesday's maiden launch of SpaceX's Falcon Heavy rocket continues to linger as a lone red car with a mannequin "driver" makes its way through the blackness of space to the soundtrack of David Bowie.

The live photos of "Starman" in the drop-top Telsa Roadster one hand on the steering wheel, the Earth hanging behind him proved to be as inspiring as any image of space travel over the last 50 years.

Though it started as a publicity stunt tying billionaire Elon Musk's electric car company to his rocket firm, the image of that car and driver in space quickly became a source of social media delight, getting posted and re-posted on web pages around the world........

Read full story, watch video of the entire launch all here:

Code:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2018/02/07/floating-through-space-spacexs-starman-mesmerizes-world/317773002/

th_clap

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
digitaldan
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 07:36:39 AM »

Watching that, all I could think of was the beginning of the movie "Heavy Metal". Love it!   smiley
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: