LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
December 19, 2018, 02:46:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TVAnswers.org - Find out when your OTA channels are changing Frequencies  (Read 451 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« on: March 05, 2018, 07:30:45 PM »

TVAnswers.org
An Initiative of the National Association of Broadcasters

Your TV channels may be moving frequencies.
We're here to help.

TV Stations are Moving Channels. Make Sure You're Prepared. Americans depend on their local broadcast stations for the most trusted news, weather and emergency information not to mention the best entertainment on TV.

Soon, many TV stations will begin to move to new frequencies. If you watch TV for free, using an antenna, you must take action to keep your channels. When a station moves, a simple rescan of your TV or converter box will ensure that you continue to receive your local TV stations. Because stations must move at different times, you may need to rescan your TV more than once.

No new devices, equipment or services are needed.

Broadcasters are committed to serving their local communities and making these changes as easy as possible for viewers. Use the tool to the right to find out which stations are moving frequencies and when, and what you need to do to keep watching the local TV you rely upon.

Go here, plug in your zip code, and see what channels are moving and when:

http://www.tvanswers.org/default.asp

TVgood113

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 10:46:21 PM »

Nice to be able to see what is moving by plugging in your zip code.  grin

I guess soon means 6 months to 2 years, depending on what phase of the repack you are in?

By law, TV stations will be moving at different times starting in the fall of 2018 through at least the spring of 2020. To determine when stations in your area are moving, select your state and county from the menu below.

You can expect the tv stations that are moving to have on-the air announcements several weeks before they actually move.
Jeff S.
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 04:02:26 PM »

The issue lies where the feds have announced another 2 billion of taxpayers money to purchase more bandwidth via the FCC. So they are offering TV stations to move to substations or their local competitors and upping the anti. This is very troubling as the agreement was supposed to be above the 600MHz and now they want to grab more frequency below. I guess Microsoft made a major contribution to the political parties in order for this to happen. Then I suppose they will give Microsoft the bandwidth they want, for free!

Microsoap needs to stay in the SW business because it needs a lot of work. Again contact your congress person and file a compliant. The rules seem to change with the right contributions. What a joke this country has become!

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: