LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
October 17, 2018, 12:59:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flint based OTA PBS station WCMZ to sign off Monday  (Read 530 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« on: April 22, 2018, 09:23:07 PM »

Flint based OTA PBS station WCMZ to sign off Monday

DETROITFREEPRESS
freep.com

Flint-based station WCMZ-TV will be signing off the air for good on Monday April 22nd, 2018

The reason for the change is Central Michigan University's decision to sell WCMZ for $14 million through a Federal Communications Commission auction held to deal with the demand for more broadcast spectrum for America's increasing digital and cellular needs.

When the results of the auction were revealed in 2017, Central Michigan University announced it was putting the $14 million toward three initiatives

Full Story Here:

Code:
https://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/2018/04/21/wcmz-tv-pbs-signs-off-air/531930002/

05confused
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:25:12 PM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 07:51:01 PM »

Q-TV Is Still Your PBS Station In Flint & Genesee County

Q-TV will remain on the air in the Flint market after WCMZ channel 28 goes off the air.

Monday, April 16, 2018

Last year, the Federal Communications Commission announced that WCMZ channel 28 - Central Michigan Universityís public TV station in the Flint market - was sold as part of the broadcast spectrum auction. Channel 28 will no longer be operating in the Flint broadcasting market.

However, Q-TV has a strong signal over the market and will be available to all dedicated public television viewers in the Thumb, Genesee, and Flint area. Delta College is working with cable and satellite providers to fill any gaps as they occur.

"There is a great deal of power when public broadcasting has a strong a presence in our local communities," said Dr. Jean Goodnow, Delta College President. "We love being a part of the PBS family through Q-TV and the public radio network through Q-90.1 FM."

If you donít get Q-TV on your cable or satellite service, please contact:

1-877-472-7677
wdcq@delta.edu

More Here:

Code:
http://www.deltabroadcasting.org/news/2018-04-14-q-tv-still-your-pbs-station-flint/

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: