LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
September 25, 2020, 02:27:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: STAB HH-90 Ku Band Dish Motor ON SALE  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=50773.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: receivers that receive 32aqsk and have terrestrial tuners.  (Read 1121 times)
skymaster

« on: June 03, 2018, 10:13:32 PM »

skymaster here.

I'm looking for very sensitive receivers that can scan in the 32aqsk signals and have terrestrial tuners. I'm looking to scan my sats and ota with one receiver if possible. my wife would be more understanding if i had it all off one receiver. grin.anyway. does hyer sell these, or anyone else? and if you can get onscreen epg for the ota channels.

skymaster

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
Titanium
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 04:30:04 PM »

VU Plus Zero 4k running an E2 image with a USB ATSC tuner dongle. Terrestrial current / next EPG would be available via the broadcaster. Advanced and/or detailed scheduling EPG could be scraped (built from an online service).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 04:33:27 PM by Titanium » Logged

Titanium Satellite
Brian Gohl - AI6US
Proud to Support LegalFreeTo Air
jess73
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 09:39:12 PM »

The linkbox9000i local will do what you ask.  The epg is the as long as the provider sends it with their signal.  The Linkbox also has iptv.  Jess out in California

9ft. c/ku Mesh button hook hor to hor. 4dtv922 slaved pansat2500,9500, az prem hd, and a cw3000 at the end of the loop. other boxes in the closet. got the 9500 from Hypermegasat! Can look from 55.5 to 139 west.
skymaster

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 06:58:14 PM »

thanks guys,

jess, i never looked at a links box . is it easy to operate? and if it does the terrestrial does it give epg for the ota like u say? that would be great.

thanks for the info,

skymaster

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
jess73
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 12:39:47 AM »

Like I said; the epg is there as long as the provider sends it!  The iptv is good also.  There are many movies[iptv>movies], mostly Spanish but many are in English.  url,s [150] can aslo be added under the "user" section.  Jess out in Fresno California

9ft. c/ku Mesh button hook hor to hor. 4dtv922 slaved pansat2500,9500, az prem hd, and a cw3000 at the end of the loop. other boxes in the closet. got the 9500 from Hypermegasat! Can look from 55.5 to 139 west.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

I regret nothing. The end.

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 05:49:02 PM »

thanks guys,

jess, i never looked at a links box . is it easy to operate? and if it does the terrestrial does it give epg for the ota like u say? that would be great.

thanks for the info,

skymaster

Yes, the Linkbox 9000i LOCAL is what you would want. There are 2 versions. The regular Linkbox 9000i HD  << does NOT have an OTA tuner. The Linkbox 9000i HD LOCAL does have an OTA tuner, hence the "LOCAL" in the name.  It does indeed have a great OTA (terrestrial tuner) and the EPG does work. The Linkbox is very easy to use, Linkbox is the company formerly known as Pansat, who has developed and sold FTA receivers for decades, so it is well built, works great, and has a very easy to use interface.

We proudly sell these at HyperMegaSat.com!

Go Here:

http://hypermegasat.com/Linkbox%209000i%20HD%20Local.htm

And go here for a review thread, including pics of the EPG working on OTA:

http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=34643.msg131814#msg131814

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
skymaster

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 08:26:53 AM »

thanks hyper,

my wife looked at the pics, she looked at me and its a done deal. this month coming I'm ordering.hhoooooohooooo. new receiver yea!!!!

skymaster

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 08:27:42 PM »

thanks hyper,

my wife looked at the pics, she looked at me and its a done deal. this month coming I'm ordering.hhoooooohooooo. new receiver yea!!!!

skymaster

You got the wife onboard!  - Nice. That means it is a done deal for sure.

My wife has always supported my FTA habit.

We both love to watch tv.

agree

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
skymaster

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 06:46:14 PM »

skymaster here,

yes wife on board but not money. will have to wait until roof is finished and windows repaired. form our storms awhile back.still looking to buy the link box 9000 local. picked up a linkbox8000 local and it is severely used but gives me an idea of what to look forward to

skymaster

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 06:59:02 PM »

I hear ya about the money. Priorities first, and a good roof and windows trump a new FTA receiver for sure.

Just do not wait too long, i know that the regular 9000i HD, Linkbox is running low on these.

The 9000i HD LOCAL they still have plenty, but that can change quickly.

smiley

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 09:01:45 PM »

Just saying - the Linkbox 9000i HD LOCAL FTA Receiver we still have in stock at HyperMegaSat.com

Go Here:

http://hypermegasat.com/Linkbox%209000i%20HD%20Local.htm

thumbs_up

elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 11:16:57 PM »

Has anyone actually received a 32apsk transponder with the Linkbox?
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 10:55:43 PM »

It is pretty common for fta receivers to advertise features that do not work, and in some cases, features that are not available.
For example, tonight there is a 32 apsk feed and a 16 apsk feed on 89w c band. My Vu+ Zero 4K will not get the 32 apsk feed, but it is supposed to be able to receive it. Others have reported the same 32 apsk no signal issues with the Octagon SF8008.

Some fta receivers I have tested that are supposed to do 16 apsk will not play a 16 apsk feed with a fec of 9/10 without issues.

To be fair, these apsk modes are not used much except for data and  Sports Feeds in North America. The tuners in the fta receivers that advertise these modes will probably do them with the correct tuner drivers.

So even if your receiver or dish system will not receive the apsk transponders, you are not missing much right now unless you like sports.

cyberham

Ku-band Afficionado

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2020, 07:24:38 AM »

To play 16APSK and 32APSK with FEC 9/10, I believe you also need C/N of 13.1 and 16.1 db signals respectively. Probably a larger dish will be necessary for that.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 07:29:20 AM by cyberham » Logged

Motorized 1.2m dish for 87W to 123W C- and Ku-bands. Can switch between Titanium C1PLL LNBF/CS1 conical scalar for C-band and Avenger Ku PLL LNB. Edision OS Mio+, GeosatPro microHD, Openbox S9, Coolsat 7000 receivers.
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2020, 08:29:23 AM »

The second picture in post#12 is a 16apsk feed with a 9/10 fec. Having enough signal is a given. What I am saying is some of fta receivers will not do what they are advertised to do.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: