LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
December 19, 2018, 08:21:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Linkbox 9000i HD V169 Firmware Update 102918  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=49798.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KRBK Mux has LEFT Galaxy 16 Oct 31st  (Read 963 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« on: October 11, 2018, 05:14:43 PM »

KRBK's rescan day is October 31, and the satellite signal on G16 will be leaving for good that day or shortly thereafter.

Why?  

Code:
http://tvanswers.org/what.asp

KRBK will actually be moving to a new tower and antenna, east of Springfield, Missouri (near Fordland). KRBK has been using a 5 tower single frequency network (SFN) for their terrestrial coverage. That will end on Oct 31st, as the antenna & tower they are moving to is 1936' height above average terrain (HAAT), and will be transmitting 1000 kW ERP. Thus, no need for the satellite signal any longer.

KRBK has began running a crawl to remind viewers that they will be switching UHF channels on October 31st, going from RF 49 to RF 22, as part of the national DTV repacking schedule, which is being directed by the FCC.

As a reminder, the satellite signal will go away once the transition has been completed.

Stay up to date on the KRBK Engineering page on Facebook:

Code:
https://www.facebook.com/fox5krbkengineering/

sad

« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 07:16:09 PM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 07:24:18 PM »

KRBK's rescan day is October 31, and the satellite signal on G16 will be leaving for good that day or shortly thereafter.

Why?  

Code:
http://tvanswers.org/what.asp

KRBK will actually be moving to a new tower and antenna, east of Springfield, Missouri (near Fordland). KRBK has been using a 5 tower single frequency network (SFN) for their terrestrial coverage. That will end on Oct 31st, as the antenna & tower they are moving to is 1936' height above average terrain (HAAT), and will be transmitting 1000 kW ERP. Thus, no need for the satellite signal any longer.

KRBK has began running a crawl to remind viewers that they will be switching UHF channels on October 31st, going from RF 49 to RF 22, as part of the national DTV repacking schedule, which is being directed by the FCC.

As a reminder, the satellite signal will go away once the transition has been completed.

Stay up to date on the KRBK Engineering page on Facebook:

Code:
https://www.facebook.com/fox5krbkengineering/

sad

That SUCKS!!! I like the MOVIES channel also being on 99w, as that's the primary sat I watch the most.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:31:07 PM by MikeBear » Logged

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 07:55:56 PM »

I know right!

The KRBK Mux has been there for a long time, and i have come to count on it, and now i will miss it.

This is terrible!

wired

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
danristheman
LFTA Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 06:48:17 PM »

I wish we could send them a message to keep the signal going for TVRO people like us.
n5x
LFTA Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 09:24:17 AM »

That stinks I liked Movies
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 04:32:01 PM »

MOVIES! is also on 101w, just a few clicks over from 99w.

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
Bass Player 1964

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 07:43:43 PM »

Hope their new system lives up to expectations, but they are sure going to be missed by all us TVRO folks.

Thanks for the memories KRBK!
n5x
LFTA Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 08:00:27 AM »

Thanks MikeBear I din't know that
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 06:28:51 PM »

Thanks MikeBear I din't know that

On Transponder 3960 V 2734

Go here for details at SatHint:

http://sathint.com/ses-1?filter=clear

grin

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2018, 06:37:19 PM »

Rest in Peace KRBK Mux on FTA.    rip   For the KRBK engineers who kept this signal up strong on Galaxy 16, all those years, we thank you!  It was great the way you guys communicated with us when there were signal issues, and always listened to us, and always fixed the problem. You guys knew you were ITC on FTA, and wanted to be/needed to be, and it was real cool that you would listen to us FTA folks across the country. I will miss KRBK on FTA for sure.

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: