LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
November 14, 2018, 08:24:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Linkbox 9000i HD V169 Firmware Update 102918  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=49798.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Intelsat, SES, Eutelsat,Telesat Form the C-Band Alliance  (Read 213 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« on: October 29, 2018, 06:25:42 PM »

Intelsat, SES, Eutelsat,Telesat Form the C-Band Alliance

By Annamarie Nyirady | October 1, 2018

Intelsat, SES, Eutelsat, and Telesat created a a consortium called the C-Band Alliance, or CBA, in a move that could accelerate making mid‐band spectrum available for 5G services. The CBA is designed to act as a facilitator as described in a recent U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) proceeding featuring the companiesí market-based proposal to clear a portion of C-band spectrum in the United States.

The market-based proposal was developed in response to a proceeding initiated by the FCC in August 2017, which led to the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) that was formally approved by the FCC on July 12, 2018 and then published in the Federal Register. The proposal reflects the unique U.S. telecommunications environment and aims to protect the quality and reliability of the extensive services provided by satellite operators in the C-band spectrum to U.S. broadcasters, media, and data companies. The proposal establishes a commercial and technical framework that would enable terrestrial mobile operators to access spectrum in a portion of the 3,700 to 4,200 Megahertz frequency band in the U.S., speeding the deployment of next-generation 5G services.

The proposal specifies the use of a consortium, now known as the CBA, to undertake the technical and commercial implementation of the spectrum clearing process. The CBA will be led, effective immediately, by Bill Tolpegin, currently Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of OTA Broadcasting, who will serve as CEO of CBA. Media sector veteran Preston Padden will serve as head of advocacy and government relations.

Full Story Here:

Code:
https://www.satellitetoday.com/mobility/2018/10/01/intelsat-ses-eutelsattelesat-form-the-c-band-alliance/

05confused

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Jeff S.
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 10:33:28 AM »

I have filed a grievance over this so-called alliance with the FCC and Congress. These are foreign companies that are playing God with our bandwidth. Not sure what is going to come from it. But we need the consumers input and nothing is being allowed in regards to this discussion. There are over 300,000 C Band users in this country and their voice is not being heard!

So I think we should start a petition and have the users sign it.

My Senator is really helpful and understands where we are coming at.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Regards,

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital
mengram
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 01:22:53 PM »

I have filed a grievance over this so-called alliance with the FCC and Congress. These are foreign companies that are playing God with our bandwidth. Not sure what is going to come from it. But we need the consumers input and nothing is being allowed in regards to this discussion. There are over 300,000 C Band users in this country and their voice is not being heard!

So I think we should start a petition and have the users sign it.

My Senator is really helpful and understands where we are coming at.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Regards,

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital

Count me in for signing the petition.

11 ft solid fiberglass BUD and 24' Von Weise Actuator, ESX242 C-band lnbf, 10 ft Channel Master TVRO Solid BUD and 24" Thompson-Saganaw Actuator, ESX242 C-band lnbf, 8 ft mesh BUD and 24' US Electronics Actuator,  ESX242 C-band lnbf, 36X39' Geosat Pro, SG6000 motor, Invacom QPH-031, JSC322-2 dual KU lnb, DSR922 Motorola 4Dtv, Amiko Alien2, (2) Optibox Raptors, Eyebox X5, Pansat 9500 HDX, (2) Openbox S9 fta receivers, Manhattan-1933, 22inch directtv slimline (will be using as a stationary dish). 52 inch LG Plasma, 47 inch LG 3D, Smart TV, 32 inch Coby LCD televisions. LOS 58.0W to 139.0W
mememeth

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 04:36:42 PM »

count me in
Marv
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 11:07:02 PM »

Me Too. grin
Bass Player 1964

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 01:11:03 AM »

I'm onboard!
skymaster

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 09:37:59 AM »

jeff I'm on board,

just curious how long you looking to set up subscriber service?

skymaster

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with xbox,modified wild blue dish,
if i passed out on my dish, i would be beamed all thru the universe.
the pic is  my grandson.:) he is actually wondering why i have a low quality signal on my receiver.:).grandpa twist the lnbf!!!!

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: