LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
February 23, 2019, 10:25:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Product Review - Edision OS MIO 4K Enigma2 Receiver  (Read 1790 times)
Titanium
Honored Member

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 09:12:03 PM »

Thanks elbandido for sharing the USB recovery info. Wow! Neat feature. You are a rock star! Look forward to working with you and other E2 contributors to not only address the unique North American FTA and OTA features and functions, but to also increase awareness for an already outstanding open source operating experience!

Thank you Casey for supporting the OS mio 4K on the forum and for providing a welcoming enviroment. I really feel that satellite set top hardware and the Enigma2 OS have reached a maturity that will significantly impact the North American FTA hobbyists experience in a very positive way. I am amazed at the Enigma2 experience and performance compared to even just a year ago! The great thing about the development and input that hobbyists like Elbandido and many others are putting into the Enigma2 operating system is that the resulting open source images benefit many products and not just supporting a single product, brand or reseller.

Titanium Satellite
Brian Gohl
Proud to Support LegalFreeTo Air
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2018, 11:45:13 PM »

Did the recovery work?
It looks like multiboot will be the best way to go.
Multiboot allows up to 4 images to be installed in the receiver. Changing between the different images is easy, and all information that a particular image has is stored. So it is sort like having several receivers in one.

Slot 1 of multiboot is the default slot. This is the slot that will be written to if an image is installed the conventional way, (unzip image, put unzipped image folder on usb stick...etc). So if Titanium puts a recovery image or a starter/beginner's image in any slot besides 1, it will not be overwritten unless it is done knowingly.

Now I have the three images that work best for me loaded into the receiver, with slot 4 empty.  Attached screencap shows this.
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2018, 11:05:59 AM »

Images to install in multiboot or in the other slots can be installed from a list that is supplied by the particular image you are using, or it can be supplied through the usb stick or hdd.
For OpenPLi based images which includes SatDreamGr, make a folder named "downloaded_images". Place the zipped multiboot image(s) to be installed into this folder, then insert the usb stick into the receiver.

A video is in the link that shows a multiboot flash.

Code:
https://mega.nz/#!u882jCjT!Zh6f3xYa0LqsCQqu-7YVao656kvnnFBVACQ5k-QVRb8
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 02:48:47 PM »

The blindscan plugin has been modified to accept a c band lnb that scans higher than 4200 MHz. This addition makes a Band Stacked lnb possible for c band, but I doubt it is worth the trouble to add since no one seems to use it.
Extended c band is in use, so it is good to see this feature added.

Please note in the attached screencap that there is a description available for the highlighted feature.

Credits to Huevos for these additions to blindscan!
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 12:46:11 PM »

A Full Version of Kodi, formerly known as XBMC, may be downloaded and installed by pressing a few remote buttons. Kodi plays services from the internet, so a decent internet connection is required to use this feature.

Kodi is available in OpenATV, OpenVix, and most other Oe Alliance based images. Kodi is not normally available on OpenPLi or OpenPLi based images.
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2019, 12:59:20 PM »

The MIO and most other enigma2 receivers are pretty much unlimited on the amount of channels that can be found in a transponder scan. Some transponders on the 105W c band satellite can have anywhere from 100 to over 1,000 radio services listed for a single transponder. The MIO can find these services and seems to play all that are available.

A blindscan of 105W c band may take a couple of hours during a Free Search because the receiver has to check around 3,000 entries and try to determine if a single entry is encrypted or not.
A blindscan of 105W c band with Free not selected will complete in around 6 minutes and return around 3,000 entries.

Many different skins can be used in the MIO which allows the user to customize or select how things are displayed. Some skins have more features than others. The attached screecaps show the results of a blindscan of 105W c band with All channels selected for the search. Some Galmour skin features such as weather and bit rate are also shown.

Video Link:
Code:
MIO_105W_C_Blindscan_ALL_20190118_2331.mp4  (225.2 MB)
https://mega.nz/#!vllGgQjL!90KOcoE2gLp2jq5lRxfC8glbfuib0JVvzB3tgLY8ht8
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2019, 11:44:30 PM »

Picture in Picture or PIP works well.
There are several menu options to adjust this feature. PIP works on two channels using the same transponder, or any two channels on different tuners. There are many different ways to customize this feature, including size of PIP, and placement of PIP.
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2019, 01:51:45 PM »

I ordered one of these Edision OS Mio 4k receivers from Titanium store, Saturday night 2/3 using PayPal credit. It was delivered FREE priority mail at my house on Thursday 2/7. I couldn't start setting it up until Saturday 2/9, and had a few issues due to my being completely unfamiliar with Enigma2 receivers. I have never used any receivers except old-school hardcoded types, and have allowed myself to get stagnated in much older technology.

El Bandido at LegitFTA helped me out with the few birthing pains I had, and his help was MOST appreciated, and he was MOST patient with me when I had some brain lock-ups, lol. I didn't even scratch the surface as of yet with everything this receiver appears capable of doing. However my brain has settled/absorbed quite a bit, and I think I'm now likely to not need nearly as much help finishing up this week. I am now running a multi-boot image, with the generic SatDreamGR image from their forum in slot1, and the 'North American Project' V6 of SatDreamGR in slot2.

I can even pick up the FTA Nasa 4k stuff on 101w, and it'll downrez it to my tv's 1080p, as I don't have a 4k tv just yet. Also no issues with HEVC stuff.

I can HIGHLY recommend this receiver to anybody! This appears to be the ONE I've been waiting for, and I think it'll be future-proof for a LONG time to come.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 01:54:59 PM by MikeBear » Logged

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2019, 06:40:46 PM »

Thank you for letting us know your thought on your new box (so far) MikeBear. I am looking forward to hearing more as you get more into it in the days to come. I am not surprised to hear that El Bandido helped you out with the set-up and to get you going. He is always ready to help it seems, and we should all try to learn from his example, to help each other out. Enjoy your new box!

TVgood113

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Jimlw1
Know's FTA

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2019, 09:55:46 PM »

Back in the old days, some receivers could display up to 16 pips (same satellite) and could click on any to bring to full screen.

jimlw1
Titanium
Honored Member

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2019, 11:02:05 PM »

I recall that was 15 still images and one live that represented the programming available at the time the sample was captured. In the stunning 480i resolution, you could almost tell if the 1/16th image it was Basil Basset Bingo, Dr. Scott or the Playboy channel!  rolleyes

Yep, the good ole days.... LOL!!!

Titanium Satellite
Brian Gohl
Proud to Support LegalFreeTo Air
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2019, 12:47:51 PM »

PIP for the MIO is live programming, and requires either two tuners, or two channels on the same transponder to be used. It seems PIP can only be used up to 1080p for the small or auxiliary window, but looks like the main window can output UHD or what is called 4K resolutions. Windows in the PIP may be split screened, or adjusted to a size decided by the operator. Placement of the PIP on the main screen or window can also be decided by the operator.

TBS5925 tuner support has been added. In the past, I have had limited success using blindscan on theTBS5925 in any enigma2 receiver. So pretty much, all TBS5925 can be used for is an extra tuner with limited capabilities. Extra tuners are great for recording. Multiple channels may be recorded at the same time, provided they are on the same transponder, or extra tuners are available.

I usually run a few extra tuners on the MIO as can be seen in the attached picture.
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2019, 12:57:05 PM »

I tried to find one of those usb satellite tuners, only to find out they cost more than the Mio itself.

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2019, 06:45:18 PM »

I think I have had my TBS5925 for about 8 years, and have been able to use it on different enigma2 receivers for several years. The thing cost me a lot of money for a single tuner, but I have also gotten a lot of use from it. The TBS5925 is dated now, so I would like to find a decent replacement.

The nice thing about usb tuners is they may be ran on different FTA receivers or other computers. The drawback to usb tuners in enigma2 receivers is they do not perform as well as internal tuners. As an example, the blindscan in TBS5925 not working correctly as compared to a TBS5925 connected to a Windows computer.

Another thing to remember is usb tuners do not work on all enigma2 receivers. The Edision MIO has good support from competent people.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: