LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
May 29, 2020, 06:47:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Netflix Accused of Infringing on Broadcom’s Video Streaming Patents  (Read 118 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« on: March 28, 2020, 07:43:13 PM »

Netflix Accused of Infringing on Broadcom’s Video Streaming Patents

March 14, 2020
By Gene Maddaus

Broadcom, a leading manufacturer of semiconductor chips for cable set-top boxes, filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Netflix on Friday.

The chipmaker alleges that Netflix has infringed on eight patents dealing with video playback and data transmission. The suit claims that Netflix’s infringement has contributed to the rise of cord-cutting, which has driven down demand for Broadcom’s chips.

“As a direct result of the on-demand streaming services provided by Netflix, the market for traditional cable services that require set top boxes has declined, and continues to decline, thereby substantially reducing Broadcom’s set top box business,” the suit states.

A Netflix spokesperson declined to comment on the suit.

Broadcom says it informed Netflix of the infringement in September 2019, but that Netflix has declined to engage in a negotiation to license Broadcom’s patents.

“Left with no other choice, the Broadcom Entities bring this action...........

Full Article Here:

Code:
https://variety.com/2020/biz/news/netflix-lawsuit-broadcom-patent-infringement-1203534368/

::thinking

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: