LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
August 23, 2019, 10:19:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ASC1 Positioner New Firmware + Loader/Editor 2.0  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=36472.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ORBY TV - Quality Satellite Television No Contracts  (Read 6222 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« on: January 28, 2019, 08:51:49 PM »

Check this out, this is pretty interesting:

ORBY TV - Quality Satellite Television, No Contracts

Code:
https://orbytv.com/

Thanks to danristheman

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 10:57:43 PM »

There's an ORBY forum on satelliteguys.com now, and there's about 4-5 or so users over there that have already installed one of these, including Brian Gohl. Yet another user has just picked up BOTH the basic receiver, and the DVR receiver, and is going to try them both out and report back. The receivers are mpeg4-HEVC KAONMEDIA receivers.

Nobody else as of yet has installed the DVR version receiver.

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
AE6CH

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 03:11:00 AM »

I went and picked one up today.  Picture quality isn't bad, HVEC rocks! All it would take is a few more "premium" channels and I'd ditch DirecTV.

Nitpick: There is a SIM that sticks out the back of the unit about 1/4" and its only a matter of time before my kids break it.
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 12:31:48 PM »

I went and picked one up today.  Picture quality isn't bad, HVEC rocks! All it would take is a few more "premium" channels and I'd ditch DirecTV.

Nitpick: There is a SIM that sticks out the back of the unit about 1/4" and its only a matter of time before my kids break it.

Glue a pill bottle or something over the top of it. Silicone bathtub caulk is easy to use, and easy to peel off in the future if needed.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 02:54:10 PM by MikeBear » Logged

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
AE6CH

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 12:49:24 PM »

You are a genius!

Glue a pill bottle or something over the top of it. Silicone bathtub caulk is easy to use, and easy to peel off in the furture if needed.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 09:38:09 PM »

I went and picked one up today.  Picture quality isn't bad, HVEC rocks! All it would take is a few more "premium" channels and I'd ditch DirecTV.

Pictures please!  

I assume you just bought the receiver, you are using your existing FTA dish?

Azn

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 09:40:29 PM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
danristheman
LFTA Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 08:34:38 PM »

You can reuse are type of Dishes and lnbs and are switches.
skymaster

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 02:24:26 PM »

hey everyone,
skymaster here.

found this on ebay researching orby tv. My wife said we need to try it out so who am i to argue with her?
anyway if you are curious on specs i found this on ebay here it is as follows:

Orby TV Satellite DVR
    Remote control

Features

Quality satellite TV
    Orby TV offers two paid packages to choose. You can also add paid premium movie channels anytime you want.

No contract or credit check
    Orby TV will never ask you to commit to a long-term contract.

You're in control
    You can decide what you spend each month. If you want to take a break, you can skip a month and come back when you are ready. There's never a reconnect or late fee.

Access to your local channels with the outdoor TV antenna*
    You can get access to your local channels with the outdoor TV antenna that will arrive with the professional installation. Even if you take a break from your pay channels, you can always have your local channels, at no cost.

No Internet required
    Since Orby TV is delivered by satellite, there's no buffering or drain on your Internet.

Never pay box rental fee again
    Since you own the Orby TV equipment, you're not bound to pay endless monthly box rental fees.

500GB hard drive
    DVR has a 500GB hard drive for your additional convenience.

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
skymaster

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2019, 09:58:03 PM »

Hey everyone,
Skymaster here.
Just installed my orby TV box.
I also added epic and starz.
They are now offering HBO and CINEMA
Using fta dish with standard lnbf.
Great pics.I will take some pics tonight and upload them for you all.

Skymaster

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
danristheman
LFTA Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2019, 11:26:14 PM »

Happy for you skymaster
skymaster

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2019, 11:47:00 PM »

Hey everyone ,
Skymaster here .
Pics of orbytv guide and some of the setup choices

skymaster

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2019, 12:05:23 AM »

Thanks.
Channels we get are prime channels with starz and epics .I posted pics under the heading orbytv pics.
Very friendly support,and I did not have to buy the install.I did it myself.locked onto 116.8 ,transponder 11940 v 30000.using my glorystar dish.had to skew the lnbf by 30 to get proper signal.Real easy to find.used sathero with a tone meter to indicate a sat.
When I actually hit it and properly aligned ,in getting 99 signal quality and 90 on other.not bad.After locking in everything your receiver will download guide etc.then it will display Sim card number.All you do is call orby TV during open hours ,tell them you are activating a newly installed receiver.They will ask for Sim number.Then they will give you a choice of $40 or $50 pack.and they also have HBO and Cinema.Starz and epic too.for one monthly programming fee you can buy mote receivers,activate them andno extra programming 💿 sets or box fees.
Just thought I would pass this along

skymaster

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2019, 12:12:18 AM »

Sorry for crappy pics.I was trying to steady my phone.my hands shake really bad with my Parkinson's.
Skymaster

danristheman
LFTA Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2019, 12:24:50 AM »

I think its a great idea my favorite NO SPORTS. I can't stand espn
skymaster

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2019, 06:13:32 PM »

Dan,
I can't stand ESPN either.Also the best thing about this,no contract,no filler channels.

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: