LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
August 17, 2019, 04:51:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ASC1 Positioner New Firmware + Loader/Editor 2.0  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=36472.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ORBY TV - Quality Satellite Television No Contracts  (Read 6037 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2019, 06:19:36 PM »

I would just like to add the Geosatpro SL1 PLL LNB seems to be a great choice to use for doing your own Orby TV install if you are going to use your own dish. I have not tried this myself yet, but i have had a whole bunch of customers contact me and order this LNB for just this purpose and it seems to work great.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
skymaster

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2019, 09:29:19 PM »

hyper,

I use one of the dual output lnbfs i bought off you about a couple of years ago. it is an universal lnbf.Works good and we are on our 3 or 4th month with orby. We love it. consistant programming and they even added a newsmax channel recently and are planning to add more later as they go.

Yea the other tow big companies who rip you off even have kicked our local channels off . 6,8,13,etc. and people here in indiana love their basketball and colege sports. But with orby it automatically scans in your over the air tv channels. I installed it my self so i had to go buy a tv splitter since this receiver doesnt do disque switches, if im right. anyway installed splitter and went to menu and voila have 50 over the air plus orby lineup on one box .

skymaster

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
Titanium
Honored Member

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2019, 03:35:54 PM »

Are you certain that you are using a Universal type LNBF (LO 9750/10600)? ORBY LNBFs are Standard type LO 10750.  huh

Titanium Satellite
Brian Gohl - AI6US
Proud to Support LegalFreeTo Air
skymaster

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2019, 10:01:59 PM »

Yes , Im using a universal lnbf. Its stamped on the label and i can even send you a pic. Maybe they missed labeled it at the factory.

Works good.

skymaster

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
skymaster

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2019, 10:14:21 PM »

But,

I will recheck to make sure i remember what i seen. grin

might be my doggone byfocals rolleyes. anyway the lnbf i bought off hyper works beautifully, flawlessly and actually i need to order about 6 more to put on my multilnbf brackets.watching chopped on food network right now and later,the movie Earthquake on the BBC America channel. OHHHHH yea. watched beneath the planet of the apes last night. great show Apes shot charleston heston and he blew up the planet by setting off the DOOMSDAY BOMB. oooooooohhhhhh yea.

skymaster

Jimlw1
Know's FTA

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2019, 02:00:56 AM »

Interested in disagreement about Standard or Universal LNB.

Doesn't the tuner have an LNB setting in a menu - somewhere ?

Or is it permanently set to 10750 (Standard) with no choice - or maybe automatically set using detection ?

jimlw1
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 02:05:03 AM by Jimlw1 » Logged
Titanium
Honored Member

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2019, 05:17:37 PM »

No LNB type or LO setting is available in the install menu. No TP or service scan function. The services and firmware are updated via Orby satellite TS.

I had snooped the STB back in January and didn't log any 22KHz or DiSEqC signals on the LNB port. Maybe the firmware has changed, but I just rebooted with the satellite meter attached and don't see a 22KHz signal at any time during the boot through "no signal" display.

Titanium Satellite
Brian Gohl - AI6US
Proud to Support LegalFreeTo Air
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: