LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
September 22, 2019, 08:35:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ASC1 Positioner New Firmware + Loader/Editor 2.0  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=36472.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ORBY TV - Quality Satellite Television No Contracts  (Read 7206 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2019, 06:19:36 PM »

I would just like to add the Geosatpro SL1 PLL LNB seems to be a great choice to use for doing your own Orby TV install if you are going to use your own dish. I have not tried this myself yet, but i have had a whole bunch of customers contact me and order this LNB for just this purpose and it seems to work great.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
skymaster

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2019, 09:29:19 PM »

hyper,

I use one of the dual output lnbfs i bought off you about a couple of years ago. it is an universal lnbf.Works good and we are on our 3 or 4th month with orby. We love it. consistant programming and they even added a newsmax channel recently and are planning to add more later as they go.

Yea the other tow big companies who rip you off even have kicked our local channels off . 6,8,13,etc. and people here in indiana love their basketball and colege sports. But with orby it automatically scans in your over the air tv channels. I installed it my self so i had to go buy a tv splitter since this receiver doesnt do disque switches, if im right. anyway installed splitter and went to menu and voila have 50 over the air plus orby lineup on one box .

skymaster

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
Titanium
Honored Member

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2019, 03:35:54 PM »

Are you certain that you are using a Universal type LNBF (LO 9750/10600)? ORBY LNBFs are Standard type LO 10750.  huh

Titanium Satellite
Brian Gohl - AI6US
Proud to Support LegalFreeTo Air
skymaster

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2019, 10:01:59 PM »

Yes , Im using a universal lnbf. Its stamped on the label and i can even send you a pic. Maybe they missed labeled it at the factory.

Works good.

skymaster

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
skymaster

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2019, 10:14:21 PM »

But,

I will recheck to make sure i remember what i seen. grin

might be my doggone byfocals rolleyes. anyway the lnbf i bought off hyper works beautifully, flawlessly and actually i need to order about 6 more to put on my multilnbf brackets.watching chopped on food network right now and later,the movie Earthquake on the BBC America channel. OHHHHH yea. watched beneath the planet of the apes last night. great show Apes shot charleston heston and he blew up the planet by setting off the DOOMSDAY BOMB. oooooooohhhhhh yea.

skymaster

Jimlw1
Know's FTA

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2019, 02:00:56 AM »

Interested in disagreement about Standard or Universal LNB.

Doesn't the tuner have an LNB setting in a menu - somewhere ?

Or is it permanently set to 10750 (Standard) with no choice - or maybe automatically set using detection ?

jimlw1
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 02:05:03 AM by Jimlw1 » Logged
Titanium
Honored Member

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2019, 05:17:37 PM »

No LNB type or LO setting is available in the install menu. No TP or service scan function. The services and firmware are updated via Orby satellite TS.

I had snooped the STB back in January and didn't log any 22KHz or DiSEqC signals on the LNB port. Maybe the firmware has changed, but I just rebooted with the satellite meter attached and don't see a 22KHz signal at any time during the boot through "no signal" display.

Titanium Satellite
Brian Gohl - AI6US
Proud to Support LegalFreeTo Air
skymaster

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2019, 05:02:31 PM »

skymaster here

hall mark added to channel line up.

Orby tv says they plan on adding more channels in the future. I know newsmax has been added awhile back also. Pretty cool.

skymaster.

pwmguy

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2019, 05:47:52 PM »

Just swapped out my universal lnb for one of Hyper's SL4PLL, swung my dish around to Eutelsat 117 west and activated a dvr & receiver only box.  I'm combining my OTA using a 3x4 multiswitch.

I'm pretty happy with it. 

Pros: Snappy on channel changes, guide for OTA & Orby is seamless and decent, audio sounds good.  Hard to tell some of the SD channels from the HD channels. DVR has 4 tuners (2 sat & 2 OTA)

Cons: DVR can only handle 2 channels at once (probably a limitation of disk IO), compression artifacts on HD channels (I'm feeding a 110" Faux K projector, may not be so bad on a smaller screen)

Would I recommend it?  Well, in my case where I have the worlds worst cable ISP or if you just wan't a simple integration with locals and satellite, absolutely.
ftasami

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2019, 09:59:37 AM »

Lyngsat shows orby's using 2 transponders for all the channels. Too many channels in too little space. Saw it on a friends 50 inch, looked pretty bad. Was looking at the orby site. Now they started 2 year contracts like dish and direct. Is the future plan abandon pay as you go? Reminds me of directv's hidden plan.
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2019, 11:10:50 AM »

The Orby transponders are using High Efficiency Video Coding or HEVC which allows more channels per transponder. Orby has a two year rental agreement option which locks the monthly price for two years.

V1.0 8/23/19Orby TV Rental AgreementEffective as of August 23, 2019, until replacedThis document describes the terms and conditions of the Orby TV Equipment Rental Program. Customers who participate in this program are also subject to all the terms and conditions specified in the Orby TV Customer Agreement. Terms not defined herein will have the definition given them in the Orby TV Customer Agreement, which can be found at https://app.orbytv.com/support/customer-agreement.Credit checkCustomer agrees to allow Orby TV to check credit score by using your social security number. We may get information about your credit history from credit-reporting agencies, which may affect your credit rating. We may also report your payment record to credit-reporting agencies.$100 startup fee plus first month of programming and rental feeCustomer will be charged up front a $100.00startup fee which includes professional installation of the Orby TV system for up to four rooms and free shipping for up to four Receivers,the first month of Orby TV equipment rental,and the first month of an Orby TV base programming package.24-month commitment/price guarantee/warrantyCustomer will be charged a monthly fee for the remaining 23 months of the agreementwhich includes an equipment rental fee and monthly base programming package fee. Orby TVguaranteesthere will not be a price increase on the monthly base programming package for the remaining 23months. 24-month term includes an extended warranty on equipment. Additional details on the Orby TV warranty can be found athttps://orbytv.com/warranty/.Credit or debit card required Customer agrees to keep a valid Visa, MasterCard or American Express card on file at all times.Autopay requiredOrby TV is authorized to automatically charge the card on file for payment of all or any portion of monthly rental fees, the Termination Fee, if applicable (and/or any other applicable fees upon termination),and any other amounts payable under this Agreement, until such amounts are paid in full.Late paymentCustomer commits to on-time payment for entire 24-month term without interruption. If payment lapses, programming will be suspended. If payment is not made or autopayment fails, customer must pay amount owed in arrears for programming to be reinstated. Early termination feeIf a valid credit card is not kept on file or customer terminates the agreement, an early Termination Fee of $250 will apply.  Customer must request a return materialauthorization (RMA)from Orby TV by phoneby contacting 1-877-672-9881. Customer must return equipment in good working condition within 30 days, starting from the day the request is made. If equipment is returned damaged or is not returned within 30 days, customer will be charged the full retail price of the Orby TV equipment, as outlined in the chart below.

Equipment TypeFee for each unreturned or damaged device:

Orby TV Receiver $100
Orby TV DVR $200

End of Term:
Once the 24-month term is up, the agreement will automatically default to month-to-month. Customer may elect to terminate service with no charge at that time.
pwmguy

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2019, 11:52:58 AM »

The 2 year rental is a new thing for them.  Personally, I prefer to buy my own equipment then rent forever. They also had a couple of short sales offering their equipment at half off.  But, me being me, I  missed both of those.

I would say a couple of the smaller name channels do look pretty bad.  However, the majority are on par with most streaming services and way above what SD channels are like on the other two DTH players.

The HD channels are no where near the NBC network feeds on SES3, nor would I expect that.  I've got local OTA channels that squeeze 4 channels into 1 physical channel, the HD is about the same as the primary in that case.  The SD's are way better than the overly compressed sub channels. 

Side note, COZY is on a 5 channel ota mux here, and watching it OTA instead of the SES3 feed is like fingernails on a chalk board. I guess I'm dating myself. They didn't have whiteboards when I went to school!
El_Viejo
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2019, 10:39:19 PM »

is it $40 for one receiver and $80 for two receivers, etc?

E_V
The old tomcat sat on the backyard fence, his feet were full of blisters; his head was up and his tail was down, and the wind blew through his whiskers.
Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS AMD64 ASUS M4A7XTD EVO
True FTA: DMSI Hotdish90 (37") for 91W, 97W and 103W; Samsung JS851C11 (33") for 123W ITC; DN pro plus for 118 ITC & 125W; Winegard DS3101 1Meter 103W, Prodelin 1.2m for 99W-C.    All going to a Amiko Nano HD, an OpenBox S9, Linkbox 9000i Local, and Manhattan 1978.
skymaster

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2019, 08:10:52 PM »

skymaster here,
I have a quad lnbf and have bought 3 receivers total. My wife has one in the bedroom so when she doesnt want to watch what i want she has a choice. My son has one to watch his stuff and we have one in the front room.

We bought all three at best buy, activated them over the phone, and only pay one fee for all receivers. If you want the $40 dollar package, thats what you pay unless you have the dvd models. We love the service and wont get rid of them anytime soon.

I read some gloom and doom here , but its a new service, they are adding channels, and dont charge extra for more receivers. Personally dish and direct are the ruination of pay tv. hugh monopolization of pay entertainment .I wouldnt sign up for them even if they tried to put back my bad gallbladder.

Im a subscriber and have 3 receivers and pay only one fee and thats the package "I" chose. everytime i call, i receive friendly service. We also have a 50 inch tv and its great

.For the haters, sign up and try it. to the others who have it and dont post about it ,more power to you. Its an alternative to dish and direct. I would figure more members here would try it since this is legal free to air and orby doesnt have a regular contract. no cancelation fees etc.

Be happy someone else has gotten into the game. I keep reading the woulda coulda shoulda guys who keep bringing up the possibilities of another service . where are you?where is the service. when my paid subcription was shut down from wisconsin when they shut the doors due to COMCAST wanting to put out of business the smaller operators, like dish does and like directv, i was %100 no pay. Now I pulled the trigger and went orby. I will continue until someone out there comes up with a better service with the same money. Yea all cable bloodsuckers,dish and direct are the reason we dont have 4dtv today. ORBYTV brings back the feel.

skymaster

skymaster

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2019, 08:22:38 PM »

skymaster here,

My lnbf is a standard. not a universal. I hooked it up to my amiko alien and in universal all my 97 west channels were off frequency. In standard they sung true. label fell off awhile back.

I think they are doing the 2 year contract to get more funding for more channels. My opinion. HOPE THEY ARE NOT SECRETLY RUN BY ONE OF THE OTHER PIZZA BOX TV PROVIDERS!!!!!!!!!!, LIKE SLING RUN BY DISH TV  .

Someone needs to research this.

skymaster

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: