LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
July 04, 2020, 08:52:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ORBY TV - Quality Satellite Television No Contracts  (Read 32222 times)
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2019, 08:48:58 PM »

skymaster here,

My lnbf is a standard. not a universal. I hooked it up to my amiko alien and in universal all my 97 west channels were off frequency. In standard they sung true. label fell off awhile back.

I think they are doing the 2 year contract to get more funding for more channels. My opinion. HOPE THEY ARE NOT SECRETLY RUN BY ONE OF THE OTHER PIZZA BOX TV PROVIDERS!!!!!!!!!!, LIKE SLING RUN BY DISH TV  .

Someone needs to research this.

skymaster
Why does it matter who is running the Orby operation? Either a person wants the service or not. Who runs it should not matter.
ftasami

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2019, 09:46:45 AM »

skymaster here,

HOPE THEY ARE NOT SECRETLY RUN BY ONE OF THE OTHER PIZZA BOX TV PROVIDERS!!!!!!!!!!, LIKE SLING RUN BY DISH TV  .

skymaster

To survive they'll eventually pull the trigger and make it contract only TV. With pay as you go they ain't guaranteed the income needed to pay the bills. If that worked they all be doing it. Watch it happen!   
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2019, 10:42:20 AM »

Pay As you go has worked in Europe. Enigma2 and some other FTA receivers can be set up for pay services in Europe. Orby may do something similar in the future because they are not making much money on the receivers they are selling now. We will see.
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2019, 02:57:35 PM »

skymaster here,

My lnbf is a standard. not a universal. I hooked it up to my amiko alien and in universal all my 97 west channels were off frequency. In standard they sung true. label fell off awhile back.

I think they are doing the 2 year contract to get more funding for more channels. My opinion. HOPE THEY ARE NOT SECRETLY RUN BY ONE OF THE OTHER PIZZA BOX TV PROVIDERS!!!!!!!!!!, LIKE SLING RUN BY DISH TV  .

skymaster

No worries. The guys who started Orby, are some of the people that used to run VOOM satellite service...

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
ftasami

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2019, 04:34:59 PM »

No worries. The guys who started Orby, are some of the people that used to run VOOM satellite service...

Voom was bought out by Dish than Charlie dumped their channels. Orbys in this game too late. Cord cuttings at a high, and streaming is everywhere. Like to see their profit vs loss statement.
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2019, 05:29:11 PM »

It may be true that Orby got in too late, but I think they got in at the right time. If Orby had started much earlier, the other two could have cut prices and even took a loss for a bit until Orby collapsed. Today, Orby shows that the cost of satellite entertainment can be decreased. Now we will have to see what happens over time.

Streaming is not the answer for everyone, and there is a lot of theft going on in that area, which will end up not being good at all for the honest consumer.  Streaming has its on set of unique problems.

Overall, I think pay satellite has been too expensive, while streaming has been too cheap. You can expect the theft in streaming to increase until money is thrown at it to fix it. If this happens, the costs to combat theft will eventually end up on the customer, which will make the cost of streaming go up.  Streaming could end up costing about as much as satellite, or even more if you figure the cost of the internet that is needed to use it.
ftasami

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2019, 06:27:11 PM »

It may be true that Orby got in too late, but I think they got in at the right time. If Orby had started much earlier, the other two could have cut prices and even took a loss for a bit until Orby collapsed. Today, Orby shows that the cost of satellite entertainment can be decreased. Now we will have to see what happens over time.

Streaming is not the answer for everyone, and there is a lot of theft going on in that area, which will end up not being good at all for the honest consumer.  Streaming has its on set of unique problems.

Overall, I think pay satellite has been too expensive, while streaming has been too cheap. You can expect the theft in streaming to increase until money is thrown at it to fix it. If this happens, the costs to combat theft will eventually end up on the customer, which will make the cost of streaming go up.  Streaming could end up costing about as much as satellite, or even more if you figure the cost of the internet that is needed to use it.

It all got to expensive, proud to be a cord cutter. Orbys got a handicap. Without ESPN and Fox they can't compete with the big guys. If they add them the price hike will kill any savings they now try to pass off. Unless they find a way to become profitable, that pension fund their draining to stay afloat will be gone and they'll go the way of Voom.
danristheman
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2019, 10:46:49 PM »

You are wrong they have 3 advantages 1 Disney and fox charge a lot for ESPN sports. People don't like sports like me why pay for it if you don't watch it. Third no locals increasing the price of the paytv.
Slayers
Honored Member
LFTA Legend

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2019, 11:01:39 PM »

I get all my Commercials for free. long live free tv.... 2cents

Slayers

Testing (1)TBS.6922.PCIe Express Satellite TV Card On
Ubuntu-64-Bit-Linux...
Windows-8.1-64-Bit-Build-9600...
Windows-10-64-Bit-Build-10240....
skymaster

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2019, 06:46:54 PM »

elbandido,
 It matters to me I live on principle and honor. Dish,direct ,comcast and other big corp tv providers have snuck around stealing money from people with their bull brap contracts that some how multiply in money after one month.

If i found that dish or direct  or comcast was behind them, I would drop them in a heartbeat. You dont keep feeding raw meat by hand to a mountain lion. Pretty soon that cat will want more than what your hand can hold. Yea most big corp tv providers who try to put the little guy out of business is nothing but scum im my book

nuff said

skymaster

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
skymaster

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2019, 07:00:22 PM »

I was going to sign up for sling but then found out dish owned it.NO WAY.
I dont stream my stuff. Figure i can get it off satellite or antenna. paying for internet to just stream movies ,etc doesnt fit the bill for me.

when the power goes out i do have back up power source for about 1 week without recharge.Orbytv has some great channels and since i dont like sitting and watching sports 24/7 its also great not having every other channel sports.

this lineup is similar to the hits out of wisconsin we were subscribed to off the cband dish. My wife loves it too but swears if they are even affiliated with the other providers, bye bye.

We have friends who had the other services and gave them bullcrap monthly statements and caused them to go to court . they won but the bad part is some people dont have the money to even think about sueing. their monthly went from $75 to 400 in 2 months and they didnt add anything and didnt have another box. THEY LIE BIG TIME.

skymaster

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2019, 09:50:06 PM »

elbandido,
 It matters to me I live on principle and honor. Dish,direct ,comcast and other big corp tv providers have snuck around stealing money from people with their bull brap contracts that some how multiply in money after one month.

If i found that dish or direct  or comcast was behind them, I would drop them in a heartbeat. You dont keep feeding raw meat by hand to a mountain lion. Pretty soon that cat will want more than what your hand can hold. Yea most big corp tv providers who try to put the little guy out of business is nothing but scum im my book

nuff said

skymaster
The only way you will ever find out who is the real owner of Orby would be in the courts. Most likely, you are feeding  one of the companies you despise by having an Orby service. Staying strictly with free services will be the only way you will not feed one of the companies you despise.
ftasami

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2019, 07:28:53 AM »

I was going to sign up for sling but then found out dish owned it.NO WAY.
I dont stream my stuff. Figure i can get it off satellite or antenna. paying for internet to just stream movies ,etc doesnt fit the bill for me.

when the power goes out i do have back up power source for about 1 week without recharge.Orbytv has some great channels and since i dont like sitting and watching sports 24/7 its also great not having every other channel sports.

this lineup is similar to the hits out of wisconsin we were subscribed to off the cband dish. My wife loves it too but swears if they are even affiliated with the other providers, bye bye.

We have friends who had the other services and gave them bullcrap monthly statements and caused them to go to court . they won but the bad part is some people dont have the money to even think about sueing. their monthly went from $75 to 400 in 2 months and they didnt add anything and didnt have another box. THEY LIE BIG TIME.

skymaster

Don't know if you know this but the 4dtv service out of Wisconsin was in bed with Comcast. I suspect Orby got ties to some big provider. This ain't 1985 anymore where the small guy gets a chance. I wouldn't buy Orby if you paid me. To me its another pizza service with a hidden agenda. Still see that agenda happening down the road. Paid my dues getting screwed around from pizza and cable providers dirty games. Never again.

El_Viejo
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2019, 12:19:54 PM »

Has anybody tried this receiver on our FTA just to see if it passes unencrypted signals? Might be good to know if case they don't last. Also, what is the size of the dish they provide with the package?  E_V
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 07:03:19 PM by El_Viejo » Logged

E_V
The old tomcat sat on the backyard fence, his feet were full of blisters; his head was up and his tail was down, and the wind blew through his whiskers.
Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS AMD64 ASUS M4A7XTD EVO
True FTA: DMSI Hotdish90 (37") for 91W, 97W and 103W; Samsung JS851C11 (33") for 123W ITC; DN pro plus for 118 ITC & 125W; Winegard DS3101 1Meter 103W, Prodelin 1.2m for 99W-C.    All going to a Amiko Nano HD, an OpenBox S9, Linkbox 9000i Local, and Manhattan 1978.
Titanium
Honored Member

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2019, 07:14:23 PM »

For me, Orby is a great service here at the office and we also use in the RV. Easy to aim in the Sierras as only need to find an opening in the forest canopy to hit one satellite. The PQ is very good on the office 55" UHD and the service offers great variety of programming that isn't available via FTA at a very reasonable price.

I prefer paying month by month and be without a contract. If we aren't using the RV much in the winter months, the service will be stopped and restarted in the springtime. We will play it by ear.

The STB does not scan for transponders or receive FTA services. The channels are propagated by satellite update. Not saying that the unit couldn't be hacked to manually add FTA channels, but I have no need to experiment as i have many great FTA STBs to chose from.

No the service isn't secretly owned by Dish, Direct or any other service provider. I have known the principal for many years and know for a fact that Orby is a privately held company that has no affiliation with any other providers.

Saw a deal the other day for a standard Orby STB for $50 or a DVR model for 99. Not much of a risk there... Reading this thread is like hearing the children's story of the blind men trying to describe an elephant.... LOL!

Titanium Satellite
Brian Gohl - AI6US
Proud to Support LegalFreeTo Air
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: