LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
August 23, 2019, 10:19:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Linkbox 9000i HD V169 Firmware Update  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=49798.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Note From My Neighbor OTA  (Read 1315 times)
n5x
LFTA Legend

« on: February 05, 2019, 03:36:07 PM »

I thought the group would enjoy this. I found this attached to my front gate (we don't live where there is an HOA). As a side note I believe she thinks I talk to aliens on my 10' dish. (no transmitters in the house)

« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 03:37:58 PM by n5x » Logged
cspand

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 03:56:03 PM »

She must have some other issue. Maybe stop by and see if she needs help. I am in an HOA and i replace the front common area lights. One time the light was flickering and creating an issue with their cable tv channels. So i looked up some issues via google. And sure enough that can happen. So i replaced the whole light fixture and it was gone. Any ways i think my antennas are cranked up all the way. Well tuned anyway. grin             Tony
n5x
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 04:01:38 PM »

I'm pretty sure she is using set top antennas. I've never been in her house and don't see an outside antenna. We live in a fringe area and I have to have a large outside antenna just to get signal. With all of that I still see signal drop out sometimes during football games. I nicely suggested she get an outside antenna.
cspand

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 05:05:45 PM »

Oh wow inside antenna is no bueno. No wonder. Her washer is running and she would get no signal. And tin foil won't help there. Definitely outside antenna needed.  thumbs_up
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 06:03:24 PM »

Install a cheap outside antenna for her. Just as a next door neighbor public relations move. Probably easier than trying to explain to her why "your antennas" can't possibly be interfering with her iv reception.

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
ftasami

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 08:24:06 AM »

Show up at her front door in a martians costume.  grin  Say I'm here to fix your TV.
n5x
LFTA Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 09:46:11 AM »

This neighbor probably won't remember the note in a week. I appreciate the advise. But, I have a feeling she needs to figure this out on her own. I'm not sure my wife would appreciate her calling every time there is signal problems lol .
El_Viejo
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 06:35:16 PM »

Don't feel bad. When I was working we had a customer call that she was having interference with her tv. When we got there, she told us someone was spying on her by listening through her tv. Also, she said they were flying a plane between her porch and a tree in the front yard. When we asked did she get the numbers off the wing of the plane, she said they were covered over with tape. I think we put it down as no problem found.

E_V
The old tomcat sat on the backyard fence, his feet were full of blisters; his head was up and his tail was down, and the wind blew through his whiskers.
Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS AMD64 ASUS M4A7XTD EVO
True FTA: DMSI Hotdish90 (37") for 91W, 97W and 103W; Samsung JS851C11 (33") for 123W ITC; DN pro plus for 118 ITC & 125W; Winegard DS3101 1Meter 103W, Prodelin 1.2m for 99W-C.    All going to a Amiko Nano HD, an OpenBox S9, Linkbox 9000i Local, and Manhattan 1978.
cspand

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 06:55:07 PM »

omg Good story. Wow
n5x
LFTA Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 08:46:21 PM »

That is a pretty good story
n5x
LFTA Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2019, 08:47:50 PM »

Show up at her front door in a martians costume.  grin  Say I'm here to fix your TV.

LOL
Moke

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2019, 11:53:07 PM »

I know exactly what you are talking about. Most people donít know the difference between a receiving antenna(sat dish or TV antenna) and a transmitting antenna. Being a ham radio operator, just because I have a few antennas outside, anytime there was any little interference, real or imagined, in someoneís radio or TV, I was always the first one to blame. I had one neighbor in particular that came over to my house after I had returned home after being gone all day to tell me to get the h??? off of my radio because for the last hour she couldnít watch anything on her TV because of the interference I was causing. When I asked her how I could have been causing that interference when I wasnít even home to transmit on my radio, she told me to stop making excuses or she was going to call the police. With some people, no matter how much you try to explain, you are just guilty. Being a ham, I have just learned to accept the fact that no amount of reasoning or just plain common sense will ever satisfy some people or make them happy.
n5x
LFTA Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 10:05:48 AM »

I can totally see these stories happening :)
El_Viejo
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2019, 10:22:02 AM »

Common sense is not as common as it once was!!! Also,as an amateur radio operator, it is hard to convince someone that I am not 'Chicken choker' and I did not get into their tv. Hi. Hi. There are many ways people deny common sense, but I don't have the space or time to list  them.

E_V
The old tomcat sat on the backyard fence, his feet were full of blisters; his head was up and his tail was down, and the wind blew through his whiskers.
Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS AMD64 ASUS M4A7XTD EVO
True FTA: DMSI Hotdish90 (37") for 91W, 97W and 103W; Samsung JS851C11 (33") for 123W ITC; DN pro plus for 118 ITC & 125W; Winegard DS3101 1Meter 103W, Prodelin 1.2m for 99W-C.    All going to a Amiko Nano HD, an OpenBox S9, Linkbox 9000i Local, and Manhattan 1978.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: