LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
April 25, 2019, 03:54:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IPTV Channel Update Manhattan RC-1978 111218 >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=47345.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NBC Problems on 103 KU Anyone??  (Read 561 times)
Bass Player 1964

« on: February 09, 2019, 03:41:54 PM »

Anyone but me having problems with the NBC channels on 103W ?   I always record Dragnet, Emergency, and Adam-12 but this Saturday there is no indication of a signal on any of the NBC channels but there is a good signal on several other carriers on 103W. Has NBC made changes? A blind scan doesn't show anything either. I'm in a worse place for OTA than I ever dreamed of before so this is my only TV possibility. 

Thanks for any suggestions
cpr43
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 05:27:34 PM »

Last night I only found the Fedex channels.

Proud to be a subscription-free household - FTA & OTA only
(1) Openbox X5,(1) Linkbox 8000HD Local, X2 Premium II & III HD
(2) 10' SAM I/Channel Master (2) 6 Footer Channel Master
Bass Player 1964

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 05:20:59 AM »

Last night I only found the Fedex channels.

I think mine was working earlier Friday night but early Saturday morning when I set my timers it was not working. We had some wind so I thought it had blown things around but when I checked Saturday midday it was dead on with 87 west which is my most southern satellite now since 83 fell out of the sky :)  Just not sure if they have lowered the power or what's up.

I sure miss my Emergency, Dragnet, and Adam12 fix!
No chance at OTA here and the streaming options plain suck that we have so I just don't know :)
Slayers
Honored Member
LFTA Legend

-Rock Chalk Jayhawk Ku-

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 11:29:00 AM »

Watch all the channels on SES-3 at 103W like Cozi, Nbc, Rt & Nhk news every day

never noticed them missing...A few screen captures of Cozi... Q at 86 using my hot

dish 90... smiley

Slayers

Testing (1)TBS.6922.PCIe Express Satellite TV Card On
Ubuntu-64-Bit-Linux...
Windows-8.1-64-Bit-Build-9600...
Windows-10-64-Bit-Build-10240....
Bass Player 1964

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 06:06:35 PM »

Watch all the channels on SES-3 at 103ºW like Cozi, Nbc, Rt & Nhk news every day

never noticed them missing...A few screen captures of Cozi... Q at 86º using my hot

dish 90... smiley

Slayers

That is the same dish that I'm using. Only thing different for me is I had to change the lnb from my Amiko to a DMSI model a week or two ago because of the throat cover being cracked and I was afraid it would take water.
I have never had any troubles with that setup before.

Seems like ever since we moved nothing here seems to work for any length of time.

Thanks for the verifications!

Found a temporary fix. Signal and quality were normal at my East and West extremes but in the middle, it was 0. Switching to a DiSEqC position and moving westward several clicks restored COZI and the rest perfectly. At least it's back working until I can get a break in the weather and investigate why USALS don't like 103°W here :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 06:31:09 PM by Bass Player 1964 » Logged
Jimlw1
Know's FTA

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 06:29:20 AM »

I find it best to find channels using USALS, then switch to DiSEqC 1.2 to fine tune them and then save as DiSEqC 1.2.

With MOST-BUT NOT ALL receivers, you can use your own position numbering system too.

Then you can always fine tune to find the "sweet spot" and re-save.

Been doing it that way for years.

jimlw1

Edit:  I forgot to mention that i use a separate position number for locating C-Band and Ku-Band satellites,

Meaning that there are (2) position number(s) for each Satellite, (1) for C-Band location, and (1) for Ku-Band location.

Fine tuning a C-Band position does not change an already fine tuned Ku position, and Ku changes do not change C-Band.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 09:31:18 PM by Jimlw1 » Logged
jtb3-
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 02:03:49 PM »

I find it best to find channels using USALS, then switch to DiSEqC 1.2 to fine tune them and then save as DiSEqC 1.2.

With MOST-BUT NOT ALL recievers, you can use your own position numbering system too.

jimlw1
As Jimlw1 has just described this is a great way to fine tune sat positions...I have been fine tuning a little differently
the last year or so.  If when using USALS to find sats and the dish has been tweaked so that all sats are found
across the arc and yet one of them seems weaker then others, I go to the Sat list and change the sat number
slightly.  For example change 97w to 97.1 or 96.9  and save the change if the signal strength improved......
but only do this if all other sats are good. But also the sat list in your receiver may already be wrong on some sats(?)
 Like sat 99w.....the true position of that sat in USALS should be 99.2 or USALS will track off by .02 deg.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 05:16:18 PM by jtb3- » Logged
Bass Player 1964

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 01:12:53 AM »

With MOST-BUT NOT ALL recievers, you can use your own position numbering system too.

jimlw1
As Jimlw1 has just described this is a great way to fine tune sat positions...I have been fine tuning a little differently
the last year or so.  If when using USALS to find sats and the dish has been tweaked so that all sats are found
across the arc and yet one of them seems weaker then others, I go to the Sat list and change the sat number
slightly.  For example change 97w to 97.1 or 96.9  and save the change if the signal strength improved......
but only do this if all other sats are good. But also the sat list in your receiver may already be wrong on some sats(?)
 Like sat 99w.....the true position of that sat in USALS should be 99.2 or USALS will track off by .02 deg.

It seems like it never quits raining here long enough to make any time-consuming repairs :)  My dish did track fine until this last round of rain. I've got water standing all around now and I could probably pass as a swamp man LOL!  Kinda odd that I'm good all around 11760 though.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: