LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
June 02, 2020, 11:25:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GEOSATpro HDVR3500 Updated Sat List 121519  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=50147.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Viacom acquires Pluto TV for $340 million  (Read 1623 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« on: February 21, 2019, 06:54:31 PM »

Viacom acquires Pluto TV streaming service for $340 million

Aims to attract a younger audience and monetize old content

By Jon Porter@JonPorty Jan 23, 2019, 4:48am EST

Viacom has acquired Pluto TV, the free ad-supported streaming service, for $340 million in cash. The service, which has around 12 million monthly active users, will operate as an independent subsidiary within the company, and will retain its existing CEO. Pluto TV currently offers around 100 ad-supported channels and a library of on-demand content, both of which can be viewed for free without a subscription.

For Viacom, the acquisition of Pluto TV is all about getting direct access to millions of consumers, many of whom will be younger than a typical pay-TV subscriber. As well as earning money from its existing back-catalogue through serving ads, Viacom is also hoping that Pluto TV will serve as a new way to ...............

Full article here:

Code:
https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/23/18194071/viacom-pluto-tv-acquisition-340-million

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
cpr43
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 11:03:34 PM »

Doubt Viacom will continue the service as free w/out subscription

Proud to be a subscription-free household - FTA & OTA only
(1) Dreambox DM800HDse,(1) Linkbox 8000HD Local, GTMedia V8pro2/ Nova
(1) 10' SAM I/Channel Master-Scanning the arc from 43w to 131w
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 10:27:56 AM »

Doubt Viacom will continue the service as free w/out subscription

They will keep it free, with the possibility of some paid services for those that want it. The free service will likely be inundated with forced ads though.

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: