LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
March 23, 2019, 08:25:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ASC1 Positioner New Firmware + Loader/Editor 2.0  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=36472.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Act Now: Tell Congress Why Local Radio and TV Matter  (Read 228 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« on: February 28, 2019, 05:08:49 PM »

February 26th, 2019

No matter where you are, your local TV and radio stations bring you the information and entertainment you seek on every screen in your life. They deliver the breaking news and emergency information you rely on, develop deep relationships with their local communities and provide the music and shows that you love most.

This week, hundreds of radio and TV broadcasters from around the country are on Capitol Hill to talk to policymakers about their unique local work. Please help us by adding your voice!

Take action now and tell Congress why local radio and TV matter.

Go Here to tell all your local rep's why local radio and TV matter with just one click:

http://wearebroadcasters.com/act/default.asp

No matter where you are, whenever important news happens, your local TV and radio stations bring you the information and entertainment you seek on every screen in your life.

Whether itís your TV, smartphone, car dashboard, laptop, tablet or radio, broadcasters are at your fingertips Ė anytime of the day Ė delivering the breaking news and emergency information you rely on and providing the music and shows that you love most.

Tell Congress why local radio and TV matter.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 05:10:06 PM »

I acted and filled out that form.

Of course me and my rep's dont see eye to eye on almost anything.

LOL.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Jimlw1
Know's FTA

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 07:27:39 PM »

I'm a Democrat and with my money who can i buy to listen ?

Jimlw1
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 07:38:06 PM »

I believe they all can be bought, LOL.

Democrat, Republican, Green Party, whatever.

As long as you got $$, they listen.

agree

skymaster

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 10:06:21 PM »

Hyper,

You are right.I found a quarter next to a soda machine in D.C.,and had 60 lobbyists,and most of both house and senate wanting a cut for favors.

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with xbox,modified wild blue dish,
if i passed out on my dish, i would be beamed all thru the universe.
the pic is  my grandson.:) he is actually wondering why i have a low quality signal on my receiver.:).grandpa twist the lnbf!!!!

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 05:49:48 PM »

8 days later i got a response from both the Democrat representatives that i sent this to on the WeAreBroadcasters form.  Both responses came on the same day, about an hour apart - weird. Just to be clear i am not a fan of either of these folks, i do NOT vote Democrat, nor do i support these 2 people.

Response from Dan Kildee:

I want to thank you for contacting my office. I appreciate your views on this very important issue, and I value your opinion.

Being your Representative is not just a title, it is a job description, and I am committed to representing all the people of Michiganís Fifth District. By reaching out to me, you help me better understand the needs of my constituents, and allow me to be your voice in Congress. It is vital for a democracy that citizens play an active role in government, and I thank you for making sure I understand the issues that are important to you.

In the future, please do not hesitate to contact me about any issue. Itís important for me to hear your views so that I can best represent you and the Fifth Congressional District.

I hope you stay in contact with me by visiting my congressional website at dankildee.house.gov and signing up for my email newsletter. You can also connect with me on Facebook (Congressman Dan Kildee) or follow me on Twitter (@RepDanKildee).

Response from Debbie Stabenow:

Dear Casey,

Thank you for contacting me about protecting local television programs. I share your views.

I am working to protect public access to broadcast television and have asked the Federal Communications Commission to ensure that broadcast television is preserved for American families. Local television is vitally important to families in Michigan and across the country, providing local news, emergency information, and educational programming that many people rely on. As the Federal Communications Commission and Congress look at ways to improve television services, you can count on my continued support for local broadcasting.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator

So at least Debbie Stabenow responded to the issue i had contacted her about.

The response from Kildee doesnt even reference the issue not 1 time.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 05:57:13 PM by Hyper » Logged

MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 06:53:46 PM »

Expect that you will soon start receiving emails from both of them asking for money for campaigns or whatever. They won't miss a chance to put you on their sucker lists, lol.

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: