LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
June 02, 2020, 10:32:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATSC 3.0 Receiver Chip Rollout, 5G, from CES 2019  (Read 1316 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« on: February 28, 2019, 08:50:09 PM »

Mark Aitken Talks CES 2019, 3.0 Receiver Chip Rollout, 5G—Part 1

ONE Media LLC president and Sinclair VP of Advanced Technology recaps CES 2019

by:Phil Kurz
Jan 23, 2019

HUNT VALLEY, MD.--Fresh off the rollout of a multistandard DTV receiver chipset with support for ATSC 3.0 at the International CES 2019 in Las Vegas, Mark Aitken, president of ONE Media LLC and VP of Advanced Technology at Sinclair Broadcast Group is greatly encouraged about the prospects for ATSC 3.0.

Taking center stage for ONE Media at the annual consumer electronics extravaganza was the rollout of a receiver chipset capable of receiving 12 different digital television standards, including 3.0.

But Aitken’s enthusiasm extends well beyond the favorable reception the receiver chipset received at the show. The exhibit also featured a new broadcast radio head designed to integrate the inherent efficiencies and effectiveness of one-to-many OTA broadcasting into 4G and 5G wireless data networks.

Aitken–a long-time proponent of offloading the one-to-many portion of wireless network operators’ traffic to broadcast—says the broadcast radio head was favorably received by representatives of wireless networks and their suppliers in Las Vegas.

In this, the first of a two-part interview, Aitken talks about the multistandard DTV receiver chipset, the new broadcast radio head, LTE Broadcast and 5G and how 5G standards development envision integration of multiple wireless networks. He also provides an update .......................

...... Full Article Here:

Code:
https://www.tvtechnology.com/atsc3/mark-aitken-talks-ces-2019-3-0-receiver-chip-rollout-5g-part-1

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 10:57:50 PM »

I hope Hauppauge comes out with a ATSC 3.0 USB tuner dongle quickly.

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: