LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
July 22, 2019, 04:12:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ASC1 Positioner New Firmware + Loader/Editor 2.0  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=36472.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC Resolves White Spaces Issues  (Read 501 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« on: March 25, 2019, 07:46:49 PM »

FCC Resolves White Spaces Issues
Finalizes tweaks and changes, responds to recon petitions, to White Spaces order.
John Eggerton
Mar 21, 2019

WASHINGTON—The FCC has sent the signal that allowing the so-called white spaces between TV channels to be used for fixed and mobile wireless devices are ready for prime time.

That came in a report and order adopted Wednesday, March 20. The FCC also resolved a number of petitions to reconsider (recon) the TV White Spaces Order that initially opened up the spectrum to broadband.

Specifically, the FCC finalized its reconsideration proceeding and its database accuracy proceeding so that broadband providers can invest in rural connectivity.

The FCC is permitting the use of white space devices (notably computers), both fixed and mobile, in unused channels, ch. 37, guard bands between broadcast and wireless spectrum and between uplink and downlink spectrum in the 600 MHz band--which they are sharing after the incentive auction.

It is part of the FCC's focus on freeing up more spectrum for advanced wireless and closing the rural digital divide, which computer companies argue "white spaces" play a key role.

Microsoft, Google and other computer companies on one side and the National Association of Broadcasters on the other have been at loggerheads over the issue. Microsoft has been pushing for as much spectrum as possible, saying that remote sensing ...........

Full article here:

Code:
https://www.tvtechnology.com/news/fcc-resolves-white-spaces-issues?utm_source=Selligent&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2441&utm_content=TVT_eNews_3%2F25%2F19+&utm_term

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 07:51:48 PM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 07:49:55 PM »

Microsoft, Google and other computer companies were on one side of this issue and the National Association of Broadcasters on the other.

This is considered a win for the National Association of Broadcasters!

Quote from NAB:  "NAB appreciates the FCC’s decision to strengthen its white spaces rules. Requiring automatic geolocation in white spaces devices will help increase accuracy and protect television viewers from harmful interference.”

NAB: The Voice for America's Radio and Television Broadcasters

Code:
https://www.nab.org/

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 07:52:27 PM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: