LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
July 22, 2019, 03:47:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Linkbox 9000i HD V169 Firmware Update  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=49798.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about receiver and correct LNB  (Read 453 times)
MAA

« on: April 05, 2019, 11:09:20 AM »

I just bought a Linkbox9000i Local, from HyperMega, will be here soon. (fingers crossed)  I have a new STAB HH90.( also from HyperMega), a Maverick MK 1 PLL Standard Linear KU from Amazon, and
GEOSATpro 36"/90cm FTA Satellite Dish from Amazon. (on its way) Do all of these play nicely together?

My new motor does not move, but I am thinking it is because of my new, cheap, receiver I bought from Amazon and is now on its way to my great nephew who suggested I buy it.

I have wasted a lot of time and money trying to use old components. Should have just bought the whole package from HyperMega to start with.
Bass Player 1964

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 03:00:10 AM »

May not be the case here but I have had motors that required an LNB be connected before they would operate. Just remembered that and thought I would throw it in just in case  grin
MAA

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 03:01:10 PM »

Thanks for the replay. My LNB was connected. I checked just to be sure. I now have my linkbox, new dish and put my LNB on the new dish. I do show power now with my sat finder, but I can't figure out how to set the motor.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 05:49:16 PM »

Hello MAA. To answer your first question - Yes, all the things you bought will work great together. The best way to install the motor is to follow the instructions in the user manual that came with the STAB H-H 90. This is a very detailed user manual and will take you step thru step through the proper install. It is key that you follow instructions for the best results. Then, come in to the forum to ask any questions that may arise as you do the install and we can help. Is this your first Ku Band dish install? If so, i would install the dish WITHOUT the motor first.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 05:54:19 PM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: