LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
September 25, 2020, 02:23:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: STAB HH-90 Ku Band Dish Motor ON SALE  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=50773.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Product Coming Soon - Manhattan ATSC-301 Box  (Read 1456 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

I regret nothing. The end.

« on: April 29, 2019, 06:53:50 PM »

Manhattan-Digital is proud to announce their new ATSC 3.0/IP Android 9 Certified box to the market.

Dual ATSC 3.0 tuners so that you can watch and record at the same time.

Sony Tuner and Demodulator combo, the best performing in the market today.

Arrival - late July to early August delivery.

More info to be released soon ....

(These pics are renderings only)

thumbs_up
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 07:17:20 PM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 08:24:06 PM »

Is there any approximate MSRP announced?

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 08:45:25 PM »

Is there any approximate MSRP announced?

Not yet,

but stay tuned.

Cool
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 08:48:25 PM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
FTA-NWA

It all began for me with a fixed Hotdish75 on 97W.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 04:57:14 PM »

Is this a box that will be able to due 4:2:2 format Video?

Fixed Patriot 85E 36X31 Elliptical KU Band Dish on 91W, 97W & 103W,
QualiTV 4x1 DiSEqC Switch,
GeosatPRO MicroHD STB, Manhattan DJ-1997 STB,
Fixed WS9036 (HotDish90) 1 Meter Mini-BUD on 91W C-Band using Titanium C1-PLL LNB with W-MAX Filter.
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 05:19:05 PM »

NO, this is not a satellite box at all.

It's only for over the air tv channels, but the new format ones coming up called ATSC 3.0

DAVE5

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 05:23:29 PM »

NOPE There is no 4:2:2 requirement in the ASTC 3.0 Standard  They would not do that. The License fee would be too excessive for a consumer product.

Dave5
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 05:26:09 PM by DAVE5 » Logged
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 06:33:09 PM »

Here is some more info i can release on the new Manhattan ATSC-301 box relating to it's design.

(I will post Features and Specs soon)

The Manhattan ATSC-301 has a sturdy casing built on a metal chassis. Any box that has an antenna input should have a metal chassis for better performance, so we used this design along with a dual band Wi-Fi element that requires no external antenna.

Front Panel

The front of the box has the infrared remote pickup, and also incorporates the Bluetooth wireless voice unit. Phones and Tablets can also be used to control the ATSC-301 box.

Back Panel

Features include On/Off  switch, HDMI, USB, LAN. Three RCA jacks instead of miniature jack with cable adapter provide better audio quality as well as better ability to connect to older TV sets needing composite video. There is also a SATA USB 3.0 output for connecting an external hard drive.

Side Panel

The side panel features a true SD card reader, a USB 2.0 port for additional external devices, and a USB 3.0 port for high speed data transfer.

thumbs_up

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:34:49 PM by Hyper » Logged

Jeff S.
Honored Member

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 06:30:27 PM »

I wanted to report to everyone that this box under the Hisilicon chipset will not be offered. The Huawei issue is forthcoming and Android will not support Huawei and Hisilicon. So we are going to use a different processor instead. The new processor is have not been announced in the trades. So we do not have permission to release this information at this time. What we do know it will support 8K and another major format. Not that we will see 8k OTA video, but more in IP delivery.

Stay tune for further details. This box will eventually have the S2 element in it as well.

We do have a possible low costs ATSC 3.0 and S2 in a very small box with no display. It will be a very low-costs box as well. We are waiting for the board samples and we are looking to produce this in Milwaukee.

Our low costs 4k unit has been scrapped as well because it is in Hisilicon. We are not saying that Hisilicon is bad, actually the opposite. We cannot get the support needed for this product.

Regards,

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 10:14:37 PM »

Do you have a suspected release date when they'll be available for sale? I assume with this change, it could take longer?

Jeff S.
Honored Member

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 04:47:33 PM »

Mike, no we do not have a release date because the stack and other APL SW needs to be done with this new chipset. The chipset company is not supporting ATSC 3.0 like our current chipset provided us. The reason is unlike the false news in the market that all countries will adapt to ATSC 3.0, which is not true.

There are only a few companies that are going to offer the ATSC 3.0 products and very few companies that have their chipset available with the support for ATSC 3.0. The current chipset provides the support and we have the boards ready in front of us. But now we cannot use them.  Others are slow to respond to the exclusive market. Like the Koreans, the ATSC organization wants residuals off this technology even though the taxpayers paid for the development. That includes Dolby, which you have to incorporate into the box their standards. That adds about $1.40 for each box for their residual. Even though the program is not in Dolby. These are the kickback deals congress and the FCC has made that are useless. Plus why other countries will not support/adapt to this format. To corrupt!

The lost of our current chipset will costs about 250k in development costs and about 1-4 million in sales. We could sue the government over this, but they have no money either since we are paying about a billion a week in interest for our current debt.

I sent Casey the information on the difference between ATSC 3.0 and T2. I think you will find it very interesting and informative.

We have left the ATSC group and did not renew our status with them. I can go on, but we are stuck with this systeem and have to move forward.

We still hope to bring out the higher-end unit this fall in Android 9. Where we are going to manufacture this, we have options, including the USA. We just have to do the costs analysis to determine the best course for us and the market.

Will post once we know and more details of the product. There will be some surprises as well!

Regards,

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital
Jeff S.
Honored Member

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 10:14:18 AM »

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to update you that we are still working on this product. There are so many moving pieces to this project including the SW development. We have changed processors several times as new/better chipset are coming out. The one we decided on is not even available at this time, but in Q4 of this year.

So it will take about 3-4 months for SW development as the SDK (Software Development Kit) is just coming out. So I think we will be ready 1st quarter of next year. We can incorporate the S2X part of it into the SW (software) using the proper tuners/demodulators. We do have permission to incorporate NORAD into the SW for the motor drive control. I think that will be an update later.

The costs of the SW is 480k plus residuals up to 7 million for support. So this is not cheap product that anyone can do. To get into standards of Dolby AC4 and others was very difficult. The good news, other services to replace old expensive ones are coming in. Like the HEVC protocol is being changed with another company with an open format system. Plus HDMI & Dolby lowered their pricing which helps.

This is the hardest product we have done, but once completed, we should have a great hybrid box with Android 11 installed in it.

We will be bringing a sample box for the S2X which indicates it runs 4.2.2 in MPEG4. I guess we will see upon testing. That will be incorporated into this hybrid box after.

The hard part of this is we have to finish the SW financing with a Crowd Funding Source. I do not want to do traditional loan for this SW. Talking with the finance people it did not make sense. Especially after the Hisilicon issue and what we spent on that development that never happened.

So I will be asking for your support in this area.

We are going to use the State of Wisconsin's Crowd Funding System. So we are going to sell 2000 shares at $200.00 each. to raise the funding needed to support the SW and final product. The pay-back will be an ATSC 3.0, Android 11 OS quad tuner unit ($250.00). Very close to the model listed and possibly a subscription to our new OTT service called BLENDTV.

All of the HW & SW design will be done here in Wisconsin. We are not sure on the factory as preliminary costs indicate it was too high for Wisconsin. Our discussions with this factory and others around the country think they can meet our price objective. So we are confident we can perform made in the USA. If not we have off shore capabilities that does not include China if needed to bring the costs down.

This whole virus thing, plus some medical issues I have to deal with has set us back. I think everyone is in the same situation. I have an issue with my spine and having spinal surgery next week. It was delayed due to the virus as I'm having a difficult time dealing with the pain. It should all work out well!

Let me know your thoughts regarding this product and funding. I wish everyone good health and most important, stay safe!

MY best,

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital LLC

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: