LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
June 03, 2020, 12:20:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: STAB HH-90 Ku Band Dish Motor ON SALE  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=50773.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (STELAR) Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act Reauthorization  (Read 1339 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« on: May 09, 2019, 05:27:31 PM »

STELAR - The Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act Reauthorization

May 9th, 2019

Congress is currently debating legislation that prevents some viewers in rural America from getting news and emergency information from their local TV stations. Is local news important to you?

The Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act Reauthorization (STELAR) is a law that allows satellite companies to deliver television channels from faraway big cities into homes, instead of their local broadcast stations. Congress is deciding whether to let the law expire or extend it. Letting this law expire ensures all Americans have access to the most relevant, accurate and timely source of community news – their local broadcasters.

Learn more about STELAR here:

Code:
http://wearebroadcasters.com/americasStories/stelar.asp

And if you want to take action go here:

Code:
http://wearebroadcasters.com/act/default.asp

reading

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 07:37:25 PM »

07/27/19

Congress is currently debating legislation that prevents some viewers in rural America from getting news and emergency information from their local TV stations. Is local news important to you?

The Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act Reauthorization (STELAR) is a law that allows satellite companies to deliver television channels from faraway big cities into homes, instead of their local broadcast stations. Congress is deciding whether to let the law expire or extend it.

Broadcasters are on Capitol Hill this week asking lawmakers to let STELAR expire, ensuring all Americans have access to the most relevant, accurate and timely source of community news – their local broadcasters.

Show your support for local broadcasters by asking your legislators to let STELAR expire.

You can take action here:

http://wearebroadcasters.com/act/default.asp

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 06:46:57 PM »

NAB Statement on House Judiciary Passage of Satellite TV Legislation

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 21, 2019

WASHINGTON, D.C. –In response to today's passage of STELAR legislation (“Satellite Television Community Protection and Promotion Act of 2019”) by the House Judiciary Committee, the following statement can be attributed to NAB President and CEO Gordon Smith:

"Local TV stations and broadcast networks thank the House Judiciary Committee for advancing this balanced approach to satellite carriage of local broadcast signals. While we continue to question the need for STELAR reauthorization, we support this legislation that would have AT&T-owned DIRECTV fulfill its decade-old pledge to provide tens of thousands of subscribers with access to local TV stations serving their communities. We appreciate Chairman Nadler and ranking member Collins’ leadership on this legislation and look forward to working with lawmakers on ensuring every American has access to local broadcast television."

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: