LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
July 17, 2019, 10:55:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Linkbox 9000i HD V169 Firmware Update  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=49798.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are settings for scanning Galaxy 19 ku  (Read 428 times)
ezjob

« on: June 07, 2019, 07:57:25 PM »

I did  a factory reset for my Geosat Pro hd3500 and lost all my info for scanning satellites.

Where do I get the set up info for getting this thing back up? zip 38821
Latitude: 33.9291
Longitude: -88.4784

Am I north or south? East or West?

Where do I find my Dish Settings and my Positioner settings for 97W ku 36" dish?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 08:50:57 PM by ezjob » Logged
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 10:37:05 AM »

Your latitude is North, and longitude is W

For positioner/dish settings go to:

>> Menu

>> Then "Blue" button

Now you are in settings menu

2nd on the left under "Installation" is "Positioner Setting"

smiley

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
ezjob

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 04:59:43 PM »

Thanks Hyper! It's been so long since I fooled with this I forgot it was "North" and "West" in the Latitude and Longitude.

Can you recommend a good satellite finder that I can hook up to the dish outside and zone in the satellites?

My wife is really tired of holding the phone telling me what the signal is.  grin

Somehow I have gotten off 97W ku and on another because I've only gotten 27 channels on 97W.

Thanks,
ezjob
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 05:54:29 PM »

No problem at all ezjob! That is what this forum is for.

For a meter, i would recommend the SatHero SH-200HD.

You can find it here:

http://hypermegasat.com/Sathero%20SH-200.htm

With this meter, you will no longer need to use the old 2 person on the phone method like so many of us have done!

The thing about meters is there is the $15-$45 meters that are really not much help at all, they will help you find and peak a signal, but you do not know what signal it is, so not very helpful.

Then you must  jump into the $125-$300 plus range to get a really good meter.

This SatHero SH-200 is the best in that price range in my opinion and that is why we sell it at HyperMegaSat.com.

With this meter, you pick your sat, pick a Transponder and it will show you when you have found that signal.

Hope this helps.

Cool

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 05:58:00 PM »

Also, one more thing, any time you want to or have to do a factory reset on the HDVR3500, check here for the latest sat list, and load this after the factory reset:

http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=50147.0

It will give you the latest Sat names and some updated TP info, and also i am working on adding a bunch of music channels for 103.0W Ku as well.

May as well load the latest Sat list if you are re-doing everything anyway, will make it much easier.

agree

ezjob

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 06:26:35 PM »

This satellite meter you are talking about does it show you where the satellite is and which way to move the dish?
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 06:33:06 PM »

This satellite meter you are talking about does it show you where the satellite is and which way to move the dish?

No, it can not do that unfortunately. There are some meters out there that can identify any random signal you are on such as the Birdog, but you are going to spend a whole lot for this, like north of $400 for this kind of technology. The way the SatHero SH-200 works is you tell it what signal you want to find including Sat, TP info etc ..., and when you move the dish to the correct position it will tell you. To point the dish, i use dishpointer.com. They have a really cool app for your smart phone that lets you see where the sat is in the sky while you point your phone. Point your dish to that general location, then use a good meter like the SatHero to dial in and peak the signal.

ezjob

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 07:21:55 PM »

So, this meter will allow me to enter the satellite name I'm looking for and block all other satellite signals?

Will it alert me only when I zone in on the satellite I'm searching for?

Do I enter Galaxy 19 or 97W?
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 07:29:34 PM »

So, this meter will allow me to enter the satellite name I'm looking for and block all other satellite signals?

Will it alert me only when I zone in on the satellite I'm searching for?

Do I enter Galaxy 19 or 97W?

Maybe take a look at the user manual i think it will answer more questions for you.

http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=11267.0

Also maybe do a search on youtube and you can see videos of it working?

« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 10:30:09 PM by Hyper » Logged

ezjob

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2019, 09:16:59 PM »

I'm not finding any videos about how to use the "SATHERO SH-200HD Digital Satellite Signal Meter".

Can you please direct me to any?
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: