LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
October 20, 2019, 03:00:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OCTOBER HALLOWEEN DEAL @ HYPERMEGASAT.COM  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=50666.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are settings for scanning Galaxy 19 ku  (Read 1141 times)
ezjob

« on: June 07, 2019, 07:57:25 PM »

I did  a factory reset for my Geosat Pro hd3500 and lost all my info for scanning satellites.

Where do I get the set up info for getting this thing back up? zip 38821
Latitude: 33.9291
Longitude: -88.4784

Am I north or south? East or West?

Where do I find my Dish Settings and my Positioner settings for 97W ku 36" dish?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 08:50:57 PM by ezjob » Logged
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 10:37:05 AM »

Your latitude is North, and longitude is W

For positioner/dish settings go to:

>> Menu

>> Then "Blue" button

Now you are in settings menu

2nd on the left under "Installation" is "Positioner Setting"

smiley

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
ezjob

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 04:59:43 PM »

Thanks Hyper! It's been so long since I fooled with this I forgot it was "North" and "West" in the Latitude and Longitude.

Can you recommend a good satellite finder that I can hook up to the dish outside and zone in the satellites?

My wife is really tired of holding the phone telling me what the signal is.  grin

Somehow I have gotten off 97W ku and on another because I've only gotten 27 channels on 97W.

Thanks,
ezjob
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 05:54:29 PM »

No problem at all ezjob! That is what this forum is for.

For a meter, i would recommend the SatHero SH-200HD.

You can find it here:

http://hypermegasat.com/Sathero%20SH-200.htm

With this meter, you will no longer need to use the old 2 person on the phone method like so many of us have done!

The thing about meters is there is the $15-$45 meters that are really not much help at all, they will help you find and peak a signal, but you do not know what signal it is, so not very helpful.

Then you must  jump into the $125-$300 plus range to get a really good meter.

This SatHero SH-200 is the best in that price range in my opinion and that is why we sell it at HyperMegaSat.com.

With this meter, you pick your sat, pick a Transponder and it will show you when you have found that signal.

Hope this helps.

Cool

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 05:58:00 PM »

Also, one more thing, any time you want to or have to do a factory reset on the HDVR3500, check here for the latest sat list, and load this after the factory reset:

http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=50147.0

It will give you the latest Sat names and some updated TP info, and also i am working on adding a bunch of music channels for 103.0W Ku as well.

May as well load the latest Sat list if you are re-doing everything anyway, will make it much easier.

agree

ezjob

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 06:26:35 PM »

This satellite meter you are talking about does it show you where the satellite is and which way to move the dish?
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 06:33:06 PM »

This satellite meter you are talking about does it show you where the satellite is and which way to move the dish?

No, it can not do that unfortunately. There are some meters out there that can identify any random signal you are on such as the Birdog, but you are going to spend a whole lot for this, like north of $400 for this kind of technology. The way the SatHero SH-200 works is you tell it what signal you want to find including Sat, TP info etc ..., and when you move the dish to the correct position it will tell you. To point the dish, i use dishpointer.com. They have a really cool app for your smart phone that lets you see where the sat is in the sky while you point your phone. Point your dish to that general location, then use a good meter like the SatHero to dial in and peak the signal.

ezjob

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 07:21:55 PM »

So, this meter will allow me to enter the satellite name I'm looking for and block all other satellite signals?

Will it alert me only when I zone in on the satellite I'm searching for?

Do I enter Galaxy 19 or 97W?
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 07:29:34 PM »

So, this meter will allow me to enter the satellite name I'm looking for and block all other satellite signals?

Will it alert me only when I zone in on the satellite I'm searching for?

Do I enter Galaxy 19 or 97W?

Maybe take a look at the user manual i think it will answer more questions for you.

http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=11267.0

Also maybe do a search on youtube and you can see videos of it working?

« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 10:30:09 PM by Hyper » Logged

ezjob

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2019, 09:16:59 PM »

I'm not finding any videos about how to use the "SATHERO SH-200HD Digital Satellite Signal Meter".

Can you please direct me to any?
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2019, 09:05:41 PM »

I'm not finding any videos about how to use the "SATHERO SH-200HD Digital Satellite Signal Meter".

Can you please direct me to any?

I have not found any videos showing how to use this meter as of yet.

But plenty of folks have one of these, if you have specific questions, i am sure someone can help.

skymaster

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 03:07:56 PM »

ezjob,
I own one and use a generic sat locator inline with it. This setup tells me how im tracking the sats and it tells me when i hit the transponder of the satellite im looking for. high light your satellite and arrow over until it says galaxy 97. then arrow down to the transponder and highlight the one ur looking for. if not, then push big button and color of transponder will change. then manually enter the transponder frequency, and whatever else it asks. then push big button again and make sure ur type of lnbf is correct. universal or standard. then make sure u have the correct oscillator frequency .standard is 10750. then, after you get it all set, go to your dish hook up ur cable and you should hear the sathero start to squeak and the stronger the signal more leds will be lit on top of sathero. I use a generic meter inline so i know im on a sat. it will just squeal. Then fine tune the dish alitttle to the left,little to the right, littleup,down etc until you have peak signal on sathero. Sathero will display signal strength and leds. Sometimes if ur a little off but still indicate a sat with generic signal meter, you wont get a tone or lights from sathero unless ur dead on it.The method i use works for me, so you will have to find what works best for you.Sathero will find alot of the good signals.Ive been using mine for several years,and upgraded it with software thru their website. hope this helps. Bythe way it can test the lnbf and also test the receiver also.

skymaster

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
skymaster

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2019, 03:20:58 PM »

ezjob,
you also have to remember that going from one sat to another, you will have a slight elevation or declination depending direction you are going.That is why people get confused . the polar mount settings will be more detailed than manually parked.If you look at the clark belt from highest point which should be your most southern setting(true south), then just picture a face with a gradual frown . from center of highest setting either way east or west you should be declining in elevation slightly on each satellite.hope this helps.take a 2x4 and bracket it on back of mast. find ur true south sat. mark the board lining up the lnfb with either a straight edge or eyeball. then go thru and every time you hit a sat,mark it when u line up the imaginary line from center of lnbf to board. after you do this u can reference these marks ,tune them in and note which sats are which. then after aligning ur motor and usals or disque settings on receiver, you can tell if its the motor has problems or not. also you have a visual reference at all times with the board where you are on the clark belt.

skymaster

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
skymaster

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2019, 03:44:07 PM »

ezjob,

like hyper stated, you can use dishpointer also. Its pretty good and easy to use.

The board i mentioned, if using this method, dont forget to mark a line vertically centered to the pipe and also centered to your true south sat. that way if a storm hits,and ur meters are not charged up etc, just reference the marks on the board or pipe if you have one. Ive used 2x4s and also 1/2"emt pipe. after putting marks on board,etc coat them with a polyurithane or whatever is waterproof. I did this to mine . it helps. recently when i was getting my gallbladder removed, we had a strong wind storm come thru and my son went out and realigned the dish according to the marks. bingo. hit the sats exactly. not bad for my son not using  sat meter.took him less than 5 minutes with a little cranking on the mast bolts going to the dish.This works of course if you can set ur dish back up to true south after having reciever put the motor back to true south sat. I guess I do mine the hard stupid way and im sure alot of more seasoned fta guys here do it alot differently and more quickly and smarter, but im an old hillbilly. sorry.

skymaster

skymaster

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 04:01:33 PM »

ezjob ,
forgot to say this, but put a mark on the dish lining up with vertical mark tru south sat on mast and board. that way you have reference for base alignment of everything is off . just line up the mark on the dish to the vertical mark on the mast pipe,,. then if you decide to go manual just go by the marks on the board and or pipe.

hillbilly style, i know.

skymaster

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: