LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
July 17, 2019, 10:59:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got Orby TV today  (Read 391 times)
ezjob

« on: June 17, 2019, 12:19:56 AM »

I installed Orby Tv myself and it's a pretty good picture. No problem, once I got the elevation on the right mark it zoomed right in.

(I had it set on the middle of the bolt instead of the metal line that's outside of the bolt.)

Couldn't get my signal better than 90. By the time it got to TV it was 82. Still has a good picture. I miss a few channels but it's much cheaper than the others and I actually watch many of these channels.

Not bad for $44/mo. with DVR.  If I had high speed internet I could have just went with Philo but unfortunately my area is still in the stone age.

I recommend it. I might try to figure out how to load a photo. Still have my old DirecTv dish up.

I love the free local antenna that comes with Orby. It works really well.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 07:55:33 PM by Hyper » Logged
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

My son Evan. I miss you son.

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 07:57:57 PM »

Hey ezjob, i fixed your post above and added the picture for you.

I am curious about the Free OTA antenna that Orby TV uses?

Is that it, in your picture above the Orby dish?

Is it Orby brand, or from another manufacturer?

What is the model #, etc...?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 07:59:49 PM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
danristheman
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 10:22:27 PM »

You can get the local channels using a t.v. antenna thats how they provide them.
ezjob

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 10:25:02 PM »

Hello Hyper,

Yes, that is the antenna that came with the dish. I don't remember a model number or a name on it anywhere.

I ordered the self install kit and it comes with everything you need to mount it on your dish pole. It didn't have any instructions in the box.

Pretty much had to figure out on my own but wasn't hard.

I had to download a pdf of the dish assembly. I was impressed with all of it and the way the local OTA combines with the satellite dish.

They connect at the dish and you have one line running into the house.

Just be sure that your OTA is pointing in the direction that gives you the most local stations. When you start-up your service it will do a scan and include your locals on the Orby receiver.

I've had that old directv so long I didn't realize the picture quality was so bad until I got the Orby TV.

It's $40 plus ($4 per month for DVR) for the smallest package.

That's it. Tax and all. Start and stop anytime you want it.

I bought the Orby TV receiver at Best Buy so I could get a 2 year warranty.

I like it. It cost much less that directv and no hassle. It has way more channels that you will actually watch with local stations than FTA and it's not expensive.

I just hope they keep the price down.
ezjob

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 10:27:16 AM »

Hyper,
I went back and looked and the OTA antenna does have a model number.

Here are a couple of photos.

{img}https://ibb.co/G7jCnPt{/img}

{img}https://ibb.co/ydvDQZP{/img}
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 01:09:12 PM by ezjob » Logged
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: