LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
May 29, 2020, 12:03:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cband Alliance purposes public auction for part of Cband spectrum...  (Read 307 times)
cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

2016 Frist World Series Title in 108 years

« on: August 07, 2019, 06:24:55 PM »

see article in link...

Code:
https://www.satellitetoday.com/government-military/2019/07/17/c-band-alliance-pushes-for-private-5g-auction-at-congressional-hearing/

I love my Raydx 10.5-footer. It brings in 16APSK feeds quite well! Titanium C1 PLL LNBF & GEOSATpro SL1PLL Ku LNBF to a FreeSat GTC 4K receiver!
Jeff S.
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 12:14:38 PM »

This C Band alliance is a joke. Folks if they take any bandwidth, we will lost C Band all together. Simple as that!

Congress has no clue what they are doing. They are listening to idiots and selling our bandwidth we will not get back.

You cannot divide a bandwidth up that is already in service.

Again, call you Congress person in both houses and yell at them. They have no clue what they are doing.

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital
DAVE5

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 07:58:38 PM »

This C Band alliance is a joke. Folks if they take any bandwidth, we will lost C Band all together. Simple as that!

Congress has no clue what they are doing. They are listening to idiots and selling our bandwidth we will not get back.

You cannot divide a bandwidth up that is already in service.

Again, call you Congress person in both houses and yell at them. They have no clue what they are doing.

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital

There is a good reason for auctioning off bandwidth.  If you think back many programing  services that were on Cband have gone to fiber distribution.  This trend to migrate fiber will continue and they will not need all the current Cband spectrum.  Same thing happen to Over the Air Network TV.  If you remember there were 82 channel that  never was really  needed.  Most of the OTA TV Spectrum  was an empty waste land of spectrum.  The next thing this  will be happen with switch of from DVBS2 to DVBS2X will even require less Cband Bandwidth.  They are looking at both the near and far far into future and realized they can sell off the un-needed  now.  Same thing will with ATSC3.0 by using less bandwith all they need a small amount of OTA spectrum that allocated now.
skymaster

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 10:47:00 PM »

they have plenty of bandwidth to utilize. They dont need the cband portion. they want it so they can hijack existing systems and think its going to save them billions not sending up a large amount of sats to carry this 5g bullcrap. i live in a zone where there is no fiber and the 4glte is a joke. and if you want internet you either buy a subscription to hughes net ,or wildblue/exede, or use fixed broadband internet with a radio . anything else where i live is severely capped. comcast has tv but wont supply xfinity due to the lack of fiber. So I cant stream a video without running my cap out or pay alot extra to have the data.

I agree with Jeff. Im a ham radio operator . I know there is vast amounts of radio space available for their junk. its all about control. get rid of the cband ops and now everyone is beholden to only 2 carriers. just like the payphones. force out the landlines and poof control the market with cell phones. how u gonna call anyone if needed if the landline payphones are gone and the cell towers and services are shut down due to a national emergency?

.My family refuses to go fiber even if they bring it to my little town of just over 250.
There is a reason why they are pushing this and its not for more bandwidth. something smells rotted and its the politicians who keep saying dont worry be happy we are here to help you. Think about it. gov doesnt do something big time unless it benefits them.

skymaster.

HOOOOAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
skymaster

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 02:26:37 PM »

and you all forget. fiber doesnt cover everywhere and alot of big money companies make their money from the up and downlinks with cband. Why? because of the steady signal even with a complete washout in a rainstorm.

fiber is a joke in my opinion. They want to shut you off or control content, they can do it easier than receiving multiple signals via cband. cband has too many independent operators and thats what dish and direct , att,verizon wants. sole conrol of the rf waves. it gets to that, i will just listen to radio.

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
Jeff S.
Honored Member

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 11:58:41 AM »

Folks,

Keep-up the discussions as it is having an effect with Congress. Keep contacting your congress person because they are hearing us!

Code:
https://www.multichannel.com/news/hill-leans-toward-public-auction-of-c-band

The 5G is so ineffcient that it only uses 10% of the bandwidth, the rest is losts. Who needs a 1 gig service. So all C Band users will have to replace their LNB's outside this frequency they have proposed.

Plus they have failed to even indicate what they need this bandwidth for.

The C Band alliance thinks they are going to get a payout for this lose of bandwidth. Think again.

Eutelsat has a system we have been testing for voice over IP with no latency. It is working great! This is on a Geo bird 117.

Keep up the pressure! Pai needs to go! This is nothing but self serving for his future employment. We need to figure out how to elect FCC commissioners, Supreme Court justices and the DOJ. How can these people makes rulings without the people voting for them?

Sorry to get to political. I do not believe in political parties, they are destroying our democracy!

Regards,

Jeff Schumann
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 01:00:17 PM by Hyper » Logged
skymaster

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 07:52:03 PM »

jeff,

You said nothing wrong. wasnt political . it was to protect cband bandwidth. Ive been saying it all along. something smells in washington and it isnt the garbage that piles high. gov doesnt do ANYTHING unless it benefits them,NOT US. Im behind you 100% jeff. Yes fcc commissioners, and etc should be held to a 3 year term. not including a 6 month pre term to go over current topics and get familiar with them.

4glte is a joke unless you pay big money for your phones,etc. fiber is not available. 5g the miracle worker? NOT> . no company where i live is pushing the 5g possiblilites. so internet and phone is out regarding 5g.

It sounds like att verizon and direct and dish are pushing back agaisnt cband to get rid of the final toehold resistance to their monopolies on subscription tv.

kind of like facebook that lies to you all the time and then after you go to instagram and one other sight, you find out they own instagram and the other site too. thats why i dont facebook, twitter, or other social media. I join forums like this one and talk to real people , not the fake pasty mouth backstabbers on facebook.

THATS MY OWN OPINION. I dont trust any big company and i dont agree to anyone unless i think they have a valid point and are fighting the cause.
Jeff keep fighting the cause,man. we  are with you. if you have a petition ready to sign with a link,i will sign!!!!!.

Jeff S.
Honored Member

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 12:30:16 PM »

We have no heard that Pai has issues a letter to the Senate indicating they are going to auction off the 200 Mhz. of bandwidth off the C Band Frequency.

The article is not worth publishing.

This is to start in 2020. We know there are several lawsuits that will be coming out against this. Including from Eutelsat as they are going to use the C Band frequency for voice over IP. We are testing this right now and it works very well with no noticeable latency.

We do know our coveted C Band is being proposed use for backhauls from towers of 5G. Because they do not want to run fiber, because then they would be forced to hook-up residences as well. So now the rural landscape is going to have the huge ugly towers with the cones on them. Anyone in their path will not be able to get any C Band frequency. There is so much Fiber we have already runned, these companies (DISH, AT&T)  are trying to keep the competition out of the market. Instead of even running Wi-Fi off simple towers is a viable solution that is being overlooked.

So my discussion with my Senator yesterday I indicated this her and her people. They do now understand the situation. They understand and confirmed that the C Band frequency was ratified for the cable companies back in 1988.

Folks don't stop now, Congress is starting to hear us and the NAB is as well since they are understanding now this effects them as well.

I enclosed a post from Satellite Technology and writer Mr. O'Neal. I really like his articles and this one is no different. It explains the effect of the repake is on wireless microphones anyone can understand. For you Christians & your churches along with local musical and band productions, this greatly effects you.

Code:
https://www.tvtechnology.com/repack/repack-impact-how-is-it-affecting-wireless-mics?utm_source=Selligent&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=10019&utm_content=TVT+11%2F14+&utm_term=1188429&m_i=ehGeEjJo__Qnj06RDgXcLN%2ByKbt5ffYv8FK4ruJxx7j52UvcfvgbjZvV6D1BD5GzZi_h26cpiloU51HXfNFG5D%2BIDFSKm0ueeS&M_BT=706365368497

Take care everyone and do not give up the fight!

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital

« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 10:24:35 PM by Hyper » Logged
skymaster

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2019, 09:32:21 PM »

Jeff,
One other angle we all need to look at ,is military usage.if cell providers are down due to martial law,cband is perfect for cross country commo.doesnt wash out during fog or snow or light to heavy rains.I think this is a precursor to media takeover,blackout and they know slot of us have the equipment to transmit with our dishes too with the right transmitter.heck homebrew transmitter is what us hams do quite a bit.but just thinking far out of the box,this also helps block uplinks and downlinks from independent ops.guess my Air Force Satellite commo regulates my thinking!!!!.If you have a petition I will sifn

skymaster

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2019, 09:46:32 PM »

Jeff,
Thinking way out of the box,scifi wise,maybe this is a smoke screen to secure a life ink for the elites.fiber can be cut,cell providers shut down with a flick of a couple of switches,land line being mothballed for decades,.what if the gov buys up the spectrum to be able to carry data to their bunkers when or if something happens.oh well buff of the stupid talk.sorry.but I was seeing the writing on the wall since the big 6 was diligently working to shut down cband in the early 80s

Skymaster

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: