LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
October 31, 2020, 03:43:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Channel Master JOINtenna TV Antenna Combiner Join 2 TV Antennas to 1 Coax Cable  (Read 2194 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I never lied to you."

« on: September 30, 2019, 10:31:00 PM »

Curious if anyone has tried out one of these? I have a much more expensive/complicated set-up joining 2 antenna's. This product looks pretty good to me.

Channel Master JOINtenna TV Antenna Combiner Join 2 TV Antennas to 1 Coax Cable

The Channel Master JOINtenna combines coaxial inputs from two individual outdoor TV antennas allowing for distribution of the two antennas on a single coaxial cable. Plus has a built in LTE Filter!

The Channel Master JOINtenna is designed to simplify installations in which a user desires to receive television signals from two different transmitter locations/directions without the use of an Antenna Rotator. The JOINtenna is built for outdoor applications with an all-weather housing and has two coaxial inputs and a single coaxial output. The most common application for the JOINtenna is in the several locations across the United States where television reception is available from two DMA’s (Designated Market Area) otherwise known as “Local Markets”.

Typically most antennas are directional in nature making it very difficult if not impossible to receive signals from both locations with a single antenna. Channel Master's Antenna Rotator has served as a solution to this problem for many years and while it allows the user to only use one antenna, the installation and user experience can be more complicated.

If looking to avoid the installation of an antenna rotator by using two antennas, the JOINtenna is the answer. Simply connect the output of two antennas to the two inputs on the JOINtenna and then connect the JOINtenna output to the residential/commercial coaxial cable network to be distributed to a single or multiple televisions.

In addition to it's antenna “Joining” capabilities, the JOINtenna is also equipped with a built-in LTE filter to eliminate cellular LTE signals from interfering with your TV signals.

Combines 2 UHF/VHF antennas
All-weather housing
Low-insertion loss
Built-in LTE Filter
Easy install

Specifications

Bandwidth     54-216 MHz, 470-700 MHz
Insertion Loss     <2dB
Input Return Loss     <16dB
Impedance     75Ù
Input Connector     F-type
Output Connector     F-type
Size (product/packaging)     .875 x 5.375 x 2.5 in
Weight (product/packaging)     7 oz

« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 10:33:47 PM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I never lied to you."

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 05:43:27 PM »

Here is the product spec sheet for the Channel Master JOINtenna CM-0500

pdf attached

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 06:24:26 PM »

It's only a very expensive splitter, and nothing like the original Jointenna devices from years ago.

Don't even waste your time with it.

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I never lied to you."

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 06:25:39 PM »

Hey MikeBear, i have not (yet) used one so i can not argue with you and your experience with the Jointenna. But i have tried just splitters before and i know that doesn't work well or at all lol. But this product seems like much more than a run of the mill splitter. CM says it was designed specifically to join 2 OTA antenna's, plus it has a built in LTE Filter. But again, i cant say, i have yet to use one.

On the CM website it has 39 reviews with 4.5 out of 5 stars    <<< i know this is their website.

But on Amazon it has 90 ratings and is 4 out of 5 stars, so seems like folks think it is a good product.

Just my 2 cents.

smiley

MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 07:53:03 PM »

Well, splitters CAN work for certain people in certain instances, and most people that are using this, have no idea just how good it may be working. As long as they get the channels they want, they are happy. That's good, but it's still nothing but a fancy expensive splitter.

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
El_Viejo
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 10:37:45 PM »

I agree with mikebear, you cam still get signals off of the back of each antenna, possibly. This box cannot stop that from happening. Ideally, a device should have tuneable traps to remove unwanted channels that might be received from such an installation. Even antennas with a very high front to back ratio may still get some undesired signals. Just my dos pesos.

E_V
The old tomcat sat on the backyard fence, his feet were full of blisters; his head was up and his tail was down, and the wind blew through his whiskers.
Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS AMD64 ASUS M4A7XTD EVO
True FTA: DMSI Hotdish90 (37") for 91W, 97W and 103W; Samsung JS851C11 (33") for 123W ITC; DN pro plus for 118 ITC & 125W; Winegard DS3101 1Meter 103W, Prodelin 1.2m for 99W-C.    All going to a Amiko Nano HD, an OpenBox S9, Linkbox 9000i Local, and Manhattan 1978.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: