LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
May 28, 2020, 11:53:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone see one of these before ?  (Read 298 times)
techristian
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« on: November 19, 2019, 02:17:34 PM »

Anyone see one of these before ?

It is supposed to be a c-ku lnb ?

Dan

teachmedrums.com
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 07:19:12 PM »

That is a nice one. I believe the long skinny LNB is Ku Band, and the other is C band. Check the labels on the LNB and you can be sure by the L.O. Frequencies.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
techristian
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 11:24:44 PM »

Thanks Hyper.  Someone I know is giving me a bunch of old computers and this sat stuff. Also a 24" round Star Choice dish.

I haven't had very good ku reception with combined LNBs before. I suspect that this may surprise me.

Dan
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 12:04:29 AM by techristian » Logged

teachmedrums.com
Titanium
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 02:55:21 AM »

The Chaparral feedhorn has a servo motor to rotate the probe between the Horizontal and Vertical polarities or adjust the skew to optimize. This feed is unlike a LNBF, which is switched between vertical (13Vdc) and Horizontal (18Vdc) polarities by the LNB DC voltage provided via the coax from the receiver.

The rectangular blue plastic unit on the rear of the feedhorn is the polarity servo motor. You will need a PCM servo polarity controller to position the servo motor. You could use a legacy analog or 4DTV IRD to control the servo. Other optionas are to find an ASC1 positoner, build your own servo control or there was a servo control unit built by a hobbyist that was sold by a few sites.

Titanium Satellite
Brian Gohl - AI6US
Proud to Support LegalFreeTo Air
Jeff S.
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 12:12:34 PM »

Those units actually worked fairly well for combo units. If you can take the Elbows off, the signal gets even better! Those are crappy LNB's though!

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital
techristian
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 09:28:48 PM »

Another item in the package.

teachmedrums.com
Jimlw1
Know's FTA

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 10:29:59 PM »

I remember them being advertised - to be mounted on a dish - dish size eludes my aging mind - rotating dish/ant combo was to aim OTA TV antenna you are showing.

Jimlw1
techristian
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 02:17:51 AM »

I remember them being advertised - to be mounted on a dish - dish size eludes my aging mind - rotating dish/ant combo was to aim OTA TV antenna you are showing.

Jimlw1

A little tricky though. It is amplified by the sat box and comes with what looks like a few splitters or combiners. "diplexer"s.  It is tricky for me because I am using switches, so I guess it will only get power when THAT dish is alive...unless I can connect it directly to the box and then to the switches.

4 terminals only marked out1 out2 in1 in2

Instructions sketchy at best.

Dan
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 02:27:27 AM by techristian » Logged

teachmedrums.com
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: