LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
June 06, 2020, 03:44:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: easy 6 meter beam antenna  (Read 316 times)
skymaster

« on: March 24, 2020, 09:07:35 PM »

skymaster here,

2 pieces of wire 120 inches long. 2 pieces of fiber rod or 2 1/2 inch 10 ft conduit. 1 piece 40 inch pvc pipe for boom.

director is 119 inches divde that number in half and it gives you your dipole lengths. reflector is 120 , full 10ft wire or conduit.

drill 1/2 hole thru pvc pipe  spaced at 35 inches.
slide conduit into holes until its even on both sides. 54.5 .director has to have two holes drilled, spaced 1/4 to 1/2 inch. to secure, you can use clamps, etc.to match antenna wrap 8 turns of coax tightly wrapped and taped and secured to boom.the coil is going to be part of the feedline running up to the dipole section.so in other words make a coil with your feedline , tape ,secure, and the strip out ends to connect to dipole seciton.then
drill two holes for mast pipe clamp.

this 2 element beam will boot your signal for 6 meters . this is a gain antenna.

skymaster

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 09:13:02 PM »

Any chance you got a pic of one of these made?

smiley

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
skymaster

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 07:06:53 PM »

Hyper,

here are some pics. It was gloomy today but you can still see the construction. the fiber rods are clamped using the adjustable band clamps used for radiator hoses.That is all i had

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
skymaster

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 07:10:06 PM »

Hyper,
you can see that i ran out of silicone sealant so i broke out the rubber tape and taped the clamps to protect from weathering and of course o taped the actual director connections after siliconing.

skymaster

skymaster

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 07:28:00 PM »

hyper,
I would have loved to build this with 1/2 emt conduit but i didnt have any and was short on cash. So i built it this way. by the way it loads up on 10,12,15 bands.Not efficient at the other bands but i picked up some ft8 signals on 15, for about 3 hours . actually tried 17 meters and dint like it too much but heard some ssb, and some ft8 signals so its not doing too bad. Cranked the power up on 10 meters and it held. 6 meters with my autotuner in the radio , perfect. Im using an Icom 746 non pro.6 meters has a problem with it. i cant vary the power down. just full 100 watts. had it into a professional shop and had the ic151 repaced. due to no power on all bands.

cost me $328 not including shipping.now it has full power on 6 with no variable. Im going to settle for the lesser of two evils and stop there, unless something else goes bad, then im getting a another rig. I have a little htx-10 radio shack 10 meter rig and i have a transverter coming for it. 6 to 10 meters.so i might not have to run full power on 6.

skymaster

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: