LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
February 26, 2021, 01:35:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorizing a Geosat Pro 90 KU Dish  (Read 536 times)
Bass Player 1964

FTA In The Backwoods

« on: May 12, 2020, 08:40:57 PM »

Has anyone run into problems using this dish on an SG6000 or HH90 Motor?
I had a chance to play with mine this afternoon after a couple of DTV installs and could not for the life of me get it to lock on 87 no matter what I  tried.
I did turn the pole clamp part of the mount to accept the motor shaft coming in from the top instead of on the bottom as in a pole mount.

Just wondering if anyone had run into a problem using this combination before I start dragging out too many tools :)

Thanks

WT
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

The NEW HYPERMEGASAT.com website!

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 07:07:52 PM »

Hello WT,  I have sold a lot of these Geosatpro 90cm Ku Dish's and have not heard of a problem with them. Only GREAT feedback over the years. The SG6000 is older of course, but we are pairing them with the STAB HH-90 these days and these work great together. You might want to look and see your sig/quality levels over the whole arc, see if any other sats may be low s/q.  If so you maybe are off on the arc, if not, it is some kind of scanning/setings problem if you are only missing one sat, and all else is good. BTW, what model receiver are you using?

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Bass Player 1964

FTA In The Backwoods

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 10:47:47 PM »

Thanks for the reply!
Currently, I am using a STAB HH90 my SG6000 which is my favorite seems to have lost its mind so to speak.
At the moment it's feeding an Amiko Alien 3  and a U5.
For some reason, I couldn't get as much gain from the Geosat Pro as  I am getting using the Hotdish 90.
It's bound to be something I am not doing. I noticed that I had to run the through-bolt for the elevation setting part of the dish through the shaft of the STAB. That was the only way I could seem to get it to work halfway right. I was getting about 9.5 to 10 db S/N on my Super Buddy with the Geosat and around 10 with the Hot Dish 90. I always use the CNN transponder on 87 west to set up with being that 83 is gone.

Hopefully tomorrow I will have more time to look things over. I hope to get a test pole in the ground for ironing out these gremlins before things go hot :)

Thanks again!

Wayne
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

The NEW HYPERMEGASAT.com website!

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 05:01:48 PM »

Thanks for the reply!
Currently, I am using a STAB HH90 my SG6000 which is my favorite seems to have lost its mind so to speak.
At the moment it's feeding an Amiko Alien 3  and a U5.
For some reason, I couldn't get as much gain from the Geosat Pro as  I am getting using the Hotdish 90.
It's bound to be something I am not doing. I noticed that I had to run the through-bolt for the elevation setting part of the dish through the shaft of the STAB. That was the only way I could seem to get it to work halfway right. I was getting about 9.5 to 10 db S/N on my Super Buddy with the Geosat and around 10 with the Hot Dish 90. I always use the CNN transponder on 87 west to set up with being that 83 is gone.

Hopefully tomorrow I will have more time to look things over. I hope to get a test pole in the ground for ironing out these gremlins before things go hot :)

Thanks again!

Wayne

You own a U5 PVR Deluxe 4K Android Receiver - me too. I didnt think there was anyone else on this forum with one of those.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 05:04:00 PM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Bass Player 1964

FTA In The Backwoods

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 06:02:03 PM »

I really like that receiver. I've learned a lot about the firmware and which ones fix troubles and which ones cause trouble LOL.  I haven't played much with the 4K part yet. Been digging holes and setting poles so I'm about to get back into the experimentation part of the hobby again I hope.
I've got some AU9 Slimline's I want to get the max from. I believe they could be a useable tool in our arsenal. Finally found the LNB mounts I ordered from you a few years back before we moved LOL.

EDIT:
The Slimline journey continues. With the last LNB in my bag, which was an Amiko Slim type I managed to lock 12180 30000 at 12.6 DB on my SB with just a rough-in alignment in the dark!  Maybe some hope for those yet.    grin
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 08:06:27 PM by Bass Player 1964 » Logged
Bass Player 1964

FTA In The Backwoods

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 12:35:08 PM »

Back on the Geosat Pro Dish. I am still having some trouble getting it to lock as good as the Hotdish 90 it's supposed to place.
I notice there are 2 settings that affect elevation. Which position A or B is everyone getting the best results from? I'm using a STAB HH90 on this adventure.
I did the old string test and the reflector seems fine. Looks like the LNB might be just a hair off from dead center for the LNB on the reflector but I haven't rigged up any sort of laser test to verify that just yet.

I would normally try all possible setting but the way the weather has been here lately I haven't had much sunshine to work on this project, so I'm bugging everyone for some ideas :D

Thanks!

Wayne
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: