LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
June 06, 2020, 04:01:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GEOSATpro HDVR3500 Updated Sat List 121519  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=50147.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Satellite operator Intelsat files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy  (Read 142 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« on: May 16, 2020, 06:11:41 PM »

Satellite operator Intelsat files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

The move helps Intelsat join an FCC C-band clearing program.

By Tariq Malik 2 days ago

Satellite operator Intelsat, which launched the world's first commercial communications satellite Intelsat 1 in 1965, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy Wednesday (May 13) in order to ease a multibillion-dollar debt and join an FCC spectrum clearing program.

In a statement Wednesday, Intelsat representatives said the bankruptcy filing was spurred, in part, by the company's plan to join the FCC's accelerated clearing of the C-band spectrum to make way for faster 5G wireless satellite communications.

"To meet the FCC's accelerated clearing deadlines and ultimately be eligible to receive $4.87 billion of accelerated relocation payments, Intelsat needs to spend more than $1 billion on clearing activities," Intelsat wrote in the statement. "These clearing activities must start immediately, ......................

Full article here:

Code:
https://www.space.com/intelsat-satellite-operator-files-for-bankruptcy.html

reading

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: