LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
July 04, 2020, 07:43:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GEOSATpro HDVR3500 Updated Sat List 121519  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=50147.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SES selects 2 US companies to build 4 C-Band satellites  (Read 123 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« on: June 27, 2020, 05:47:08 PM »

SES selects 2 US companies to build 4 satellites as part of Accelerated C-Band Clearing Plan

by Staff Writers
Luxembourg (SPX) Jun 22, 2020

SES, the leader in global content connectivity solutions, announces it has selected two U.S. satellite manufacturers, Northrop Grumman and the Boeing Company, to deliver four new satellites as part of the company's accelerated C-band clearing plan to meet the Federal Communications Commission's objectives to roll-out 5G services.

Northrop Grumman will deliver two flight-proven GeoStar-3 satellites, each equipped with a high-quality C-band payload to deliver the superior customer experience that end users are accustomed to. The two satellites - SES-18 and SES-19 - will be designed, assembled and tested in Dulles, Virginia.

The Boeing Company will deliver a pair of highly efficient all-electric 702SP satellites. The two satellites - SES-20 and SES-21 - will be manufactured and assembled in Los Angeles, California.

These four C-band only new satellites will enable SES to clear 280 MHz of mid-band spectrum for 5G use while seamlessly migrating SES's existing C-band customers. Each satellite will have 10 primary transponders of ...................

Full Article Here:

Code:
https://www.spacedaily.com/reports/SES_selects_2_US_companies_to_build_4_satellites_as_part_of_Accelerated_C_Band_Clearing_Plan_999.html

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
skymaster

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 09:40:15 PM »

hyper,

if there are 40 transponders total, hopefully they wont forget the fta community. Maybe they will go to a new 32apsk format and leave some channels open? hope hope hope.

skymaster

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I'm Batman"

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 09:53:17 PM »

With DVB-S2 and now DVB-S2X they can fit many channels on a single Transponder

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Bass Player 1964

FTA In The Backwoods

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 01:40:51 PM »

With DVB-S2 and now DVB-S2X they can fit many channels on a single Transponder

I haven't been keeping up with the receivers lately. Are there many models available that will support S2X ?

Hopefully with 5G looming as the demise of C Band maybe there will be some of the displaced content on KU?
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: