LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
August 09, 2020, 03:58:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GEOSATpro HDVR3500 Updated Sat List 121519  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=50147.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SES selects 2 US companies to build 4 C-Band satellites  (Read 732 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

Boink Boink Boink du du du du

« on: June 27, 2020, 05:47:08 PM »

SES selects 2 US companies to build 4 satellites as part of Accelerated C-Band Clearing Plan

by Staff Writers
Luxembourg (SPX) Jun 22, 2020

SES, the leader in global content connectivity solutions, announces it has selected two U.S. satellite manufacturers, Northrop Grumman and the Boeing Company, to deliver four new satellites as part of the company's accelerated C-band clearing plan to meet the Federal Communications Commission's objectives to roll-out 5G services.

Northrop Grumman will deliver two flight-proven GeoStar-3 satellites, each equipped with a high-quality C-band payload to deliver the superior customer experience that end users are accustomed to. The two satellites - SES-18 and SES-19 - will be designed, assembled and tested in Dulles, Virginia.

The Boeing Company will deliver a pair of highly efficient all-electric 702SP satellites. The two satellites - SES-20 and SES-21 - will be manufactured and assembled in Los Angeles, California.

These four C-band only new satellites will enable SES to clear 280 MHz of mid-band spectrum for 5G use while seamlessly migrating SES's existing C-band customers. Each satellite will have 10 primary transponders of ...................

Full Article Here:

Code:
https://www.spacedaily.com/reports/SES_selects_2_US_companies_to_build_4_satellites_as_part_of_Accelerated_C_Band_Clearing_Plan_999.html

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
skymaster

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 09:40:15 PM »

hyper,

if there are 40 transponders total, hopefully they wont forget the fta community. Maybe they will go to a new 32apsk format and leave some channels open? hope hope hope.

skymaster

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

Boink Boink Boink du du du du

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 09:53:17 PM »

With DVB-S2 and now DVB-S2X they can fit many channels on a single Transponder

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Bass Player 1964

FTA In The Backwoods

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 01:40:51 PM »

With DVB-S2 and now DVB-S2X they can fit many channels on a single Transponder

I haven't been keeping up with the receivers lately. Are there many models available that will support S2X ?

Hopefully with 5G looming as the demise of C Band maybe there will be some of the displaced content on KU?
skymaster

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 11:32:52 PM »

bass player 1964,

this is what i understand of it.:Compared to DVB-S2, efficiency gains up to 51% can be achieved with DVB-S2X.

Amongst improvements are:

Higher order modulation schemes (64/128/256APSK)
    Smaller roll-off factors of 5%, 10% and 15%
    Improved filtering making it possible to have smaller carrier spacing
    Channel bonding can combine several different carriers increasing efficiency in DTH applications

Meaning we will have to have new receivers.Dont think regular residential fta receivers reach up to the levels of 64/128/256apsk.
Might mean more channels opening up for us.Of course they might all go scrambled too. Just have to wait and see what the companies that have fta channels will do.

6 ft dish , openbox z5,amiko alien receiver, glorystar dish,modified hughes net dish,10 ft wineguard mesh motorized for c band with ,modified wild blue dish,

future:tbs box usb to satellite receiver,.linkbox 9000 i hd local, 8 more ku dishes unless i can build or find a 6 ft ku.
skymaster

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 11:49:57 PM »

Bass player 1964,

The change to the format for transmission of sat signals will be interesting to see what changes to the fta receiver community. It seems like everything else. They pulled the payphone.Now you have to get a cell phone. people dying from rf radiation to the brain area. Im an amateur radio operator and even i know its bad for you.. then they pushed for pulling the landlines. Seems like everyone who is on the dark side wants to take your ability to be free, away.what happens when all cell towers are shut down due to someone getting a burr up their pants and decides to pull the plug? or a national disaster?oh oh no more land line.Your cell phone will be a piece of plastic.your cable tv will be shut off ,and the only ones communicating will be us Amateur radio operators and CB operators with solar panels. now they want this 5 g. think about the frequencies used. technically it can cause your blood to boil if its concentrated enough. why the big push? Curious isnt it?Now we freebanders like the payphone users and landline users are being told that the bands used for fta are going to be sold off. not all, but alot.what does the future hold?who knows.new subscription services? more fta channels?New receivers? Question is is the sat owner be willing to carry the fta channels like they have been. when the Gov. offers bids and takes bids for big big money, we the people are always left behind.Left behind in a lake in a boat with multiple holes and no buckets.

skymaster

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 12:03:39 AM »

bass player 1964,

Edision Mio 4K UHD HEVC h.265 DVB-S2X FTA STB E2 OS Linux

Important Notice: We provide technical support for the pre-loaded Enigma 2 image, The North America Project modded SatDreamGR . You may install up to 4 images in multiboot mode and switch between images by simply selecting a different multiboot image and restarting the STB!
Technical features:
Type: 4K UHD E2 Linux Combo Receiver DVB-S2X + DVB-T2/C with Multi Stream Support
1 x Tuner DVB-S2X
1 x Tuner DVB-T2/C (Please Note: The built-in tuner is not compatible with North American ATSC OTA or Cable TV standards)
Supports Multiple ATSC USB Tuners - Hauppauge models 850, 855, 950, 955 with EPG!
Supports DVBS2 USB Tuners - TBS5925
Decoding: H.265/HEVC Decoding Support (covered by: listepatentlist.hevcadvance.com)
Normal FECFRAME (64800 bits) Symbol Rates:
QPSK 1- 60 MSps
8PSK 1- 60 MSps
16APSK 1- 58 MSps
32APSK 1- 55 MSps
64APSK 1- 34 MSps
Short FECFRAME (16200 bits) Symbol Rates:
QPSK 1- 56 MSps
8PSK 1- 55 MSps
16APSK 1- 51 MSps
32APSK 1- 45 MSps
CCM /VCM / ACM
Multi Stream T2MI & Blind Scan
Interactive Services Profile Support
Linux Operational System (Enigma 2)
Processor: Dual Core ARM 1.5 GHz / 64 bit
FLASH 8GB eMMC / RAM 2GB DDR4 2400Mhz
4K UHD Multimedia Player
Web Browser & HbbTV Support
Free Internet Streaming TV and Radio
Dual Band 2x2 Wi-Fi 802.11ac 5G / 2.4G with MU-MIMO
2 x Pluggable Wi-Fi Antennas
Bluetooth: Embedded v2.1 / 3.0 / 4.0
Unlimited Channel Memory
Hyper-Sensitive Tuners for Weak Signal Reception and Exceptional Blind Scan
1 x Smartcard Reader
10/100 Mbps Ethernet Interface
2 x USB2.0 Ports
1 x HDMI 2.0a Connection
1 x Jack to RS232
1 x Jack to IR
1 x S/PDIF
Channel Change less than 1 Second
Extensive ΕPG and Programmed Viewing via EPG
Expandable Add-Ons & Plug-Ins

Bass player 1964, this receiver will do 64apsk....

skymaster

skymaster

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2020, 12:25:43 AM »

here is a little chart i have from a website i love to go to:

APSK. :spin If you don't know what this means, basically, the higher the APSK, the more complex the signalling scheme, which means more efficient use of bandwidth. The providers will almost certainly take advantage of the higher order signalling for 4K/8K transmissions in order to conserve bandwidth. The downside is that you will need a bigger dish to handle the demodulation. We know that the 10ft dish handles 8PSK (2^3bits) just fine but struggles with 16APSK (2^4bits). But using the same bandwidth, they can transmit 4bits/3bits = 33% more data.

We know the future of TV broadcasts will be 4K and at the moment SES manages to squeeze 4 such channels in a single transponder using 8PSK / HEVC, so extrapolating a bit for the higher order schemes we get the table below.

Modulation   Bits/Signal   4K channels/transponder   Dish Size (ft)
QPSK   2   2   8ft
*8PSK   3   4   10ft
16APSK   4   5   12ft
32APSK   5   6   13ft
64APSK   6   8   14ft
128APSK   7   9   15ft
256APSK   8   10   16ft

as you can see, the higher modulation formats will practically be out of our hands if they go that way. I for one will not be able to afford a 16 ft c band dish unless i build it.

elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2020, 09:37:22 AM »

The Edision MIO receivers work very well on DVB-S2X and T2MI transponders.

The satellite dish size chart was probably made by a tek2000 satellite dish salesman, and does not reflect what can actually be used. For example, I remember getting some APSK transponders using a 6 foot dish, but your chart shows a 10 foot dish is needed. The size of dish needed depends on how much power is being transmitted from the satellite for a particular transponder.
Bass Player 1964

FTA In The Backwoods

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2020, 05:19:24 PM »

It's beginning to look like that our days are numbered being able to receive TV without a hassle. My location is in a hollow of sorts and limits any OTA chances
Streaming will work to an extent but our internet lacks the bandwidth to do anything else while attempting to watch a streaming program.

I hate paying the pizza pan vendors $100+ a month for an overly compressed picture and 100 channels I have 0% use for.

It's all about $$$$

WT
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2020, 07:06:31 PM »

A dish salesman releasing a dish size chart does not change anything. For example(s), we still have a satellite transponder with an analog channel. Several transponders are still DVB-S. While I do see some 32 apsk transponders that have fta channels, they are few and far between.
skymaster

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2020, 03:57:13 PM »

like i said far and few between. and if it goes up to 64 or higher,very little. just the left leaning government officials controlling what ,when, where you watch tv. My advice, get a ssb cb or get your amateur radio license. hard to triangluate a packet stream of about 1 minute at high power delivered to everyone with the decoding software. i believe the charts. no i dont believe in the salesman trying to sell a dish,beecause they know alot of fta hobbiests dont have room for big ugly dishes. this is a liberal left wish to ban dishes altogether and stream all news,radio etc and be able to silience the broadcasts of stations that dont protray the ideology of the regime..el bandidio i respect your knowledge ,but just watch the stations lower their power, and increase compression higher than 64apsk. Im predicting this. mark it down on calender. 1 year from now,64apsk or higher.

skymaster

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2020, 04:01:38 PM »

oh, and the chart by the way is from an independant source,not tech2000,or anyone else. it is from a reputable source i wont name, but they dont sell equipment.

skymaster

skymaster

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2020, 04:13:24 PM »

Im not stopping buying stuff from hyper or anyone else.

i will stop will be when the signals go black,and says scrambled. even then i will continue to look,scan,hope, .but i dont post anything technical from a sales website. that i dont do. this is from a reputable engineering firm.

anytime comcast had their stooges reading here or any fta forum and seen that we were enjoying a channel open and they think"how dare these peasants wathc what us elites watch. we will shut them down quickly.

yea. just watch them lowering the power so you have to watch with a 20ft dish. or use a receiver with 256apsk. how much for that receiver? pricing us out of watching the fta channels. and most fta stations will either shut down or hopefully go to ku.

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: