LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
October 31, 2020, 02:21:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GEOSATpro HDVR3500 Updated Sat List 121519  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=50147.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: recommendation on best receiver available today  (Read 771 times)
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2020, 11:06:26 AM »

yep !!!!!!!!!!,

ebay. bought it for less than $80 dollars plus no shipping.

I went on ebay and when i found one that had demod of at leat 16 to 32, i found 10. then i went to the prices. next one i buy for my other room will have 4k ability.

petty simple, GOOGLE IT. it led me to ebay.Some people may not like the answer, but when you are doing this for a hobby and for enjoyment

i go for the 1. quality and 2. price and 3. shipping.when dealing with ebay. And it has to be a USA seller too. I had an openbox s9 and it was a great one until it quit. fried. had it for years. went on line to find another openbox s9 and the search came up with a newer openbox z5.WAHLAH.

pretty simple.

skymaster

I did GOOGLE IT.  My search shows the openbox z5 is no longer being sold.
Let us know if you find someone that is selling a new one.
skymaster
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2020, 11:49:12 AM »

tech2000 used to sell them.
i bought off them.

hey el bandido, instead of nitpicking everyones posts, how about being a little more laid back. quit being so haudy on your answers. i bought mine years ago. and if you search can probably get one from alibaba.com,etc.maybe they are being discontinued,maybe not but there are newer openbox receivers on the market. less than $100. What, you dont like someone giving common sense answers to others? sounds like liberal whinyness.
example of part of your post:

Changing the feed may or may not improve the signal, depending on what the problem is.
There is no information on how you got this satellite system, how long you have had it, and what you are wanting to use it form. More information from you in these areas may help

pretty obvious he wants help,not a lecture,not an analysis, not a shoot down. and when i post on here about what im using you are real quick to try to debunk me. WHATS THE MATTER TOO MUCH FREE TIME ON YOUR HANDS?,OR MAYBE YOU  THINK MY SUGGESTIONS WILL DIVERT A SALE FROM HYPER? so take the bitterness out of your posts. this might get me banned, but ohhhhh well. im banned on facebook,twitter,instagram,etc. the fellow just wanted a simple answer for his situtation. not a supreme court analysis of what when where why. or i dont understand your question,blah blah blah.iVE SEEN THIS DONE TO OTHERS ON THIS FORUM AND IT DOESNT HELP WHEN YOU ACT LIKE OTHERS HAVE LITTLE KNOWLEDGE.ohhhhhhh great guru. ohhhhhhh.yes i bought an openbox z5 from tech2000.com they gave me a great price . at the time I bought it, it was less than $100 dollars. who cares where i bought it. if its discontinued then there is an upgraded receiver. they are also called skybox in other circles also.I suggested it since i use it everyday.i looked and ebay has a new model:OPENBOX V8S.not for sure if its the same . by the way there are hundreds of fta receivers that do dvb-s2,4k, etc for under $100 dollars.
and for someone like myself who is on a fixed income, less than $100 is great. and there are plenty for less than $50 dollars also.

skymaster
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2020, 12:23:30 PM »

Skymaster, I am sorry if you are upset or offended. I spent time searching for a source of the openbox z5 since you are recommending it as a replacement receiver. I find the openbox z5  is no longer produced or sold. There is no reason to be offended about that.
skymaster
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2020, 01:23:09 PM »

not upset or offended.
couldnt care one way or the other.

tehp asked a question for help and like a few others, some post snide remarks for answers. this is not the way to help others. and frankly i dont care one way or the other if you GOOGLED it right after i posted it. acting like a school boy pouting.If you researched it, you would know its also called skybox.

Personally if find some outlets for fta receivers offered here in the USA are severely lacking choice . and when i look elsewhere, hey, why not, there are plenty under $50 dollars that work great,receive dvb-s2,will decode up to 32apsk, and do hdmi every day,and some do 4k too.

So,
like i said,when a new guy or someone trying to learn the subject matter of this hobby, Dont flock together to shoot someone down if they suggested a certain receiver. the fellow is quite smart enough to go to ebay and look at all the fta receivers offered, for a lot less money.So what if its discontinued, i dont keep track of it .i only buy them if the reviews are good on the internet.

skybox is what their called in the uk,and other parts. there are many many that can be bought off ebay for less than $100 that does even more than what my openbox z5 does. check tech2000.com they used to sell it. thats where i bought mine..

as for being upset because you are deliberately trying to undermine my simple post, is laughable. your last post is a joke. an insignificant post trying to start problems. your problem is you dont know everything,but think you do.On hypers webpage either they are sold out or discontinued. big deal. go somewhere else to buy one. who cares? this is a forum for answers ,not snide remarks because someone stepped on your toes.tehp needs to go to amazon,ebay,or wherever to buy a good receiver. nothing wrong with it. So dont assume im upset or offended. Your words form a person of your character will never offend me. You have a lot to learn.I get amusement out of the nitpicking posts. it shows how trivial the thinking is. look into the mirror and reflect.

skymaster

skymaster
skymaster
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 10:39:57 AM »

tehp,
almost 2 pages of fta receivers that do mpeg-4 and some that do 4k even are for sale on ebay. some are as low as $30.

skymaster

hope this helps.
p.s
for best receiver reviews, i do a google, bing,and duckduckgo search engines and make a list. usually the sites that list 7 to 15 receivers and give reviews of them helps. most sites today dont have a dog in the fight and are unbiased. just go thru five or 6 searches and make your lists from each site. compare the lists of each site and mark the ones that meet your requirements,. ALL WILL DO CBAND,AND KU. and if you have an old chapperell feed, just remove it and put in a new c/ku or just c band lnbf in its place.a company called skyvision used to be in business but now is shut down if i believe. alot of the old feeds with polarotor control of polarity are harder and harder to get these days.

hyper sells the cband and also the ku band lnbfs. if bought off ebay, you can get single and dual outputs also. a roll of new rg6u that will go from your dish to house,new cband lnbf,and you have a new cband dish. also iwould replace the actuator unless its in good working order.ly missing the other polarity. common on older feeds where the polarotor isnt working. Yes just replace the chapperall c/ku with a new lnbf from hyper and while you are at it, replace your coax and fittings.
As for your receiver, buy the best one you can afford. mpeg-4,32aspk, 4k ,etc. but many on ebay have these specs for less than $100
for your missing transponders, probab

skymaster
cyberham

You CAN receive C-band on a 1.2m dish!

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2020, 02:36:22 PM »

Not sure why all the ranting. Yesterday, I searched the world for an Openbox Z5. I didn't find a single one for sale anywhere. Every location showed unavailable.

I am a fan of the Openbox S9. It is in my list of receivers and I like it. But it is a museum piece against what a new Edision can do nowadays. Different Openboxes including Skyboxes have different software so you never know what you will get. Edision is not a good receiver, though, for somebody who only wants to "watch TV" and is not a satellite hobbyist. It probably isn't the right choice.

I tire of posters across forums who say, in effect, "tell me which is the best receiver" or "tell me what to do" yet give no real feedback of what they like, want, need. So I have sympathy for those who actually try to help these individuals.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 02:39:36 PM by cyberham » Logged

Motorized 1.2m dish for 82W to 123W C- and Ku-bands. Can swap between Titanium C1PLL LNBF/CS1 conical scalar for C-band and Geosatpro SL1PLL LNB. Fixed 1m dishes for 30W and experimental Ku (currently 22W). Edision OS Mio+, GeosatPro microHD, Openbox S9, Coolsat 7000 receivers.
skymaster
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2020, 05:07:46 PM »

cyberham,
if you are tired of the posters asking "tell me which is the best receiver, this is exactly what i mean. you either go to satelliteguys.us or ricksmotorsport.com or here or search the internet .very simple for you so called gurus to help a newbee to get going off the ground. I TIRE OF THE SAME BULL CRAP LINE THAT EVERYONE SPILLS . JUST LIKE THE SNIDE REMARKS ABOUT OVER ANALYZING SOMEONES POSTS. good for you for searching the internet. skybox is  a form of openbox. they have one on ebay openbox v8s. for someone to just watch tv, the remarks are loud ,because what if he decides to explore the hobby? if this is what this forum is about, HELL WHY NOT JUST CLOSE IT AND BAN NEW MEMBERS,SINCE THEY ALL WILL ASK THE QUESTION OF WHAT RECEIVER SHOULD I USE. PRETTY PETTY ANSWER TO A PERSON WHO CAN GO ELSEWHERE AND FIND MORE EAGER EMEMBERS TO HELP HIM. REMEMBER,MOST WHO ARE MEMBERS ARE CUSTOMERS OF HYPER. YOU DONT WANT TO RUN THEM OFF AND GET THE SITE SHUT DOWN DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS? I personally feel for the newbee who runs across self centered individuals. if you tire of it like some of the others here who think its above themselves to answer or guide the new ones, then shut the site down!!!!!!!!!,so what if you couldnt find one. i bought one of tech2000.com, and also one off ebay last year. really nice receiver.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 11:46:29 AM by Hyper » Logged
cpr43
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2020, 06:33:57 PM »

cyberham,
if you are tired of the posters asking "tell me which is the best receiver, this is exactly what i mean. you either go to satelliteguys.us or ricksmotorsport.com or here or search the internet .very simple for you so called gurus to help a newbee to get going off the ground. I TIRE OF THE SAME BULL CRAP LINE THAT EVERYONE SPILLS . JUST LIKE THE SNIDE REMARKS ABOUT OVER ANALYZING SOMEONES POSTS. good for you for searching the internet. skybox is  a form of openbox. they have one on ebay openbox v8s. for someone to just watch tv, the remarks are loud ,because what if he decides to explore the hobby? if this is what this forum is about, HELL WHY NOT JUST CLOSE IT AND BAN NEW MEMBERS,SINCE THEY ALL WILL ASK THE QUESTION OF WHAT RECEIVER SHOULD I USE. PRETTY PETTY ANSWER TO A PERSON WHO CAN GO ELSEWHERE AND FIND MORE EAGER EMEMBERS TO HELP HIM. REMEMBER,MOST WHO ARE MEMBERS ARE CUSTOMERS OF HYPER. YOU DONT WANT TO RUN THEM OFF AND GET THE SITE SHUT DOWN DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS? I personally feel for the newbee who runs across self centered individuals. if you tire of it like some of the others here who think its above themselves to answer or guide the new ones, then shut the site down!!!!!!!!!,so what if you couldnt find one. i bought one of tech2000.com, and also one off ebay last year. really nice receiver.

th_clap th_clap th_clap
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 11:46:51 AM by Hyper » Logged

Proud to be a subscription-free household - FTA & OTA only
(1) Dreambox DM800HDse,(1) Linkbox 8000HD Local, GTMedia V8pro2/ Nova
(1) 10' SAM I/Channel Master-Scanning the arc from 43w to 131w
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"I never lied to you."

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2020, 11:45:07 AM »

Listen folks, this thread had gotten way out of hand and the thread is closed and locked. Opinions are one thing, insults to other members is not tolerated here. If you made an insulting comment in this thread, your insulting comments have been removed, and you have been warned. We do not allow that kind of thing here.

People are free to recommend products we do not sell at HyperMegaSat.com. I do not have a problem with that. But per the rules of the forum, no live links to outside sources that i have not approved.

And believe me, this forum will not be closing. And we will not be asking for donations. It will continue to be FREE to all who come so long as they amend by the rules.

Apologies to anyone offended in this thread.

Lets all help each other, and build each other up, not tear each other down.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: