LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
October 31, 2020, 03:16:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: STAB HH-90 Ku Band Dish Motor ON SALE  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=50773.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CBS feed  (Read 180 times)
Bass Player 1964

FTA In The Backwoods

« on: October 10, 2020, 02:50:53 AM »

Iím in a location where OTA reception is just not feasible    Since the network has changed their sat feed parameters I no longer have a stb that will play the feeds easily. Iím not a big fan of streaming but is there a reliable stream that carries the CBS programming?  The wife loves the Christmas shows and I would like to have a solution I place by the time these are aired

Thanks.

Wayne
cyberham

You CAN receive C-band on a 1.2m dish!

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 09:55:51 AM »

Any chance NBC will have similar shows? NBC could be available on Ku FTA. I'm not aware of CBS streaming of their regular programming except for CBSN.tv on cbsnews.com (a good source but mostly news and short human interest segments) and CBS All Access on cbsnews.com. CBS All Access is $5.99/month and may provide the programming you're looking for.

Why is OTA not feasible? Is it due to your physical location or for a technical reason?

Motorized 1.2m dish for 82W to 123W C- and Ku-bands. Can swap between Titanium C1PLL LNBF/CS1 conical scalar for C-band and Geosatpro SL1PLL LNB. Fixed 1m dishes for 30W and experimental Ku (currently 22W). Edision OS Mio+, GeosatPro microHD, Openbox S9, Coolsat 7000 receivers.
Bass Player 1964

FTA In The Backwoods

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 12:23:06 AM »

Any chance NBC will have similar shows? NBC could be available on Ku FTA. I'm not aware of CBS streaming of their regular programming except for CBSN.tv on cbsnews.com (a good source but mostly news and short human interest segments) and CBS All Access on cbsnews.com. CBS All Access is $5.99/month and may provide the programming you're looking for.

Why is OTA not feasible? Is it due to your physical location or for a technical reason?

Itís my location that messes things up. My elevation is good but Iím in a bowl of sorts surrounded by higher elevations on all sides. If you can trust some of the plots I would need a tower close to 200 feet to make much of a dent in reception. And the internet here is not reliable but then again the power isnít either 😆

Wayne

MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 04:39:48 PM »

Itís my location that messes things up. My elevation is good but Iím in a bowl of sorts surrounded by higher elevations on all sides. If you can trust some of the plots I would need a tower close to 200 feet to make much of a dent in reception. And the internet here is not reliable but then again the power isnít either 😆

Wayne

Don't trust those OTA modeling sites completely, they are all "best GUESS". You should TRY installing an outside antenna, and try for yourself to see if you can receive anything. You may be surprised to find that you can.

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
Bass Player 1964

FTA In The Backwoods

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 06:55:41 PM »

Wayne

Don't trust those OTA modeling sites completely, they are all "best GUESS". You should TRY installing an outside antenna, and try for yourself to see if you can receive anything. You may be surprised to find that you can.

I agree with the ability to trust the plot sites. I did put up 50 feet which was all the mast I could handle and I didn't get anything to lock except the Nc Educational TV translator on Phoenix mountain and it wasn't perfect. Not a sniff on any of the other "local" candidates. Talk about a challenged site this is it!   I could probably go up the road about a mile or so and likely do good but I don't have access to the higher locations. But I'm working on it  grin
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: